It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Leader calls for CAMERAS in Mosques to combat Extremism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
More and more Muslims are standing up to denounce terrorism and show that they are loyal to their adopted countries. Stories like this give me hope for the long term future of Modern Democratic countries.

Imam Kamran Tahir from Perth held an AMA in the CBD with members of his congregation who wore white shirts with the Australian flag and read: Muslims for Loyalty in a hope to foster mutual understanding with Non-Muslims. The Imam is a Ahmadiyya Muslim - looks like we need more of his kind and less Wahhabi and Salafist Muslims.

An Islamic leader is calling for sermons in mosques to be monitored to prevent radical preaching in the wake of recent terror attacks.

Perth Imam Kamran Tahir, 26, said he was happy for cameras to be installed in his mosque to capture what was going on inside and questioned why others would be against monitoring.

'If any mosque - or anybody - says we do not want you to monitor our mosques, naturally that could raise a flag [about] why is that the case,' he told 9 News.
'If the authorities feel that there is a need to install - God forbid - cameras in our mosques then we'll be open to it.'

Muslim Leader calls for CAMERAS in Mosques to combat Extremism

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

This may be related:

edit on 6/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I dont know about actually putting up cameras but its a good gesture, and he understands that western culture is quickly losing what little trust there was. He wants to grow trust. And thats a good thing.

One thing we all know is it will have to be muslims who fix the big muslim problem. We can defend against it, but cant fix it.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

What's wrong with you guys reposting the same video's over and over again? What do those video's have to do with this specific subject if I may ask?

Edit: My comment is no longer relevant since you changed the video's in your post.
edit on 10-6-2017 by WombRaider69 because: Edit

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69

If you look at the OP it shows Muslims calling out Radical Islam and I'm trying to prove that Muslims themselves are not the problem. In fact there are some in ATS that think Muslims should not be trusted. Many of them accuse them of lying.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ohhhh noooo, don't be fooled by his words and gestures. If cameras went up in these mosques, they will likely be publicly accessible for view from the internet, otherwise the authorities will be violating some kind of constitutional civil liberties in Australia.

So what happens then? Free Islamic sermons broadcast to the world, and trendy idiots start converting en masse and start voting whatever the equivalent of Democrat is in Australia. Sharia law is introduced in less than a generation, and Islam takes over the world. Its clear as day to me not only is this a possibility, it is the goal.

Im not sure if I am just being silly or not, but the thought that another argument being made for "if you have nothing to hide, why worry about being monitored" is now being introduced into the collective psyche as projection to protect us from our fears/worries/concerns on a specific demographic somewhats concerns me.

I think we should think critically about such actions, not only from a privacy concern, but as an interesting tactic of power of suggestion from a marketing/social conditioning aspect of it too.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Lol and you chose this guy? There many others you could've used as an example. This dude is shia and even the shia community distances itself from this guy. His only followers are guys like you I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
are people forgetting the islam allows for lies to deceive enemies?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

Hmmmm enlighten me on this guy then.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Lol and you chose this guy?

Here we have a muslim speaking out against terror and you attempt to discredit him . What is wrong with you .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Here's some of his posts on twitter:

"If Imam Ali (a.s) wanted to make a grain of sand rise to the sky and do a better job than Allah Almighty's sun, he could."

"Imam Ali (a.s) could have created me the exact same way Allah Almighty did."

"As a Rafithi, my religion is not Islam. My religion is Imam Ali (a.s)."

"Other than Allah Almighty, only Imam Ali (a.s) is able to sit his throne."

You can't make such comments and call yourself muslim. There many video's on youtube that have exposed this dude. I know it's impossible for you to know this if you haven't done research on this guy but now you know! Sorry if I came off a bit rude with my previous comment.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Hmmmm I did some research and honestly I thought its just propaganda from Radical Muslims.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

from your link....

Mr Tahir and members of his local Muslim community were out in Perth over the weekend to show their loyalty to Australia and 'discuss any misconceptions about Islam'

Something smells fishy to me with the timing....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.theguardian.com...

The Melbourne barrister and human rights advocate Julian Burnside.....
His comments follow an announcement from the prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, on Friday following a meeting of the Council of Australian Governments that laws would be strengthened to create a presumption against bail and parole for people who have demonstrated support of, or links to, terrorist activity. “Violent criminals with terrorist links should not be walking the streets,” Turnbull said.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I hear what he's saying and I agree generally with him on Islam and the need to combat terrorism.

But I do not agree with monitoring mosques like this UNLESS there is a credible threat emanating from that mosque.

I know this is Australia. But in the US this would not be acceptable as a blanket policy and would violate our constitution on many fronts.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I dont really see what good it will do as whoever is teaching/brainwashing to radicalize, they will just go do it someplace else.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Cameras maybe a good idea for facial recognition...but what REALLY should be installed are hidden microphones throughout to eavesdrop on communications.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I know this is Australia. But in the US this would not be acceptable as a blanket policy and would violate our constitution on many fronts.

Not so sure about that. Have you talked to anyone that works in a corporate run workplace?

I left a company a little over a year ago because even though it was a small corporate office, they decided they needed to put in cameras all over the place.

There was absolutely noting to steal, and all the phones were already recording all the incoming and outgoing calls. I asked why the sudden installment of the cameras. Their reason was that they were for our protection in case of a terrorist attack. My question was, then why were all the cameras on the inside of the building and none on the outside. It seemed to me that it would be meaningless to record the event after the terrorist had already gained entrance to the building. They even went so far as to come up with this crazy rule that we could only drink clear liquids from a clear plastic container while on premises.

Everyone was pissed off about the madness, only nine of us stuck to our guns and left. The others cried and said they didn't like it either, but they couldn't afford to leave. I understood that, because I couldn't afford to stay.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There's a difference between a company installing cameras and government surveillance of mosques without probable cause or warrants.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
The difference becomes harder to spot when cameras are standard equipment on every corner and in every building.

In fact, soon it would be discriminatory not to require cameras.

top topics

join