It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More RMS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
So May 31st of 2016 I was diagnosed with Relapsing/Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. It began with Optic Neuritis in my left eye and major vertigo. I've had severe balance issues and fatigue that trumps any kind of "tiredness" in the worst way. (Not to mention serious weakness throughout my body). Major back pain (lower, mostly) and occasional zaps up my spine. Most of these things I have been able to teach myself to cope with these symptoms in one way or another, including magnesium supplements and Vitamin D3 including Propranolol for tremors and migraines, and Lexapro for depression and (haha) energy. Also Zanaflex for spasms which I seem to get no relief from.

Friday I got a call from my neurologist saying that she got my results from my most recent MRI's, and that it is "worrisome".
She mentioned something about my left eye that is concerning. I won't get to talk to her again until Monday and my biggest fear is that I may go blind. I refuse to google these symptoms because I don't have any desire to freak myself out any more than I am.

I guess my question is who all out there (if any) Have any form of MS, and is it truly possible to lose my eyesight permanently?
I'm very worried.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

I refuse to google these symptoms because I don't have any desire to freak myself out any more than I am.

Being informed is always better than ignorance. Side stepping it won't make it go away or help you find ways to fight it. Get all the information you possibly can on your own and talk to your Doctor. You may find new ways to treat it that your Dr hasn't heard of yet. Being busy treating patients and having their own struggles, they can't keep up with everything that comes out.
Good Luck. Don't let fear rule you.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Go make some jello Gigglers, it may not cure your problems but some of the different amino acids in it can help slow deterioration a bit. Lots of bacon would cheer you up a bit too.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You're correct. I understand the logic. Just for some reason I can't get up the courage. It's been a year. Guess it's time to throw on my big girl panties

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Mmmmmmm bacon. How could I deny bacon?!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
So May 31st of 2016 I was diagnosed with Relapsing/Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. It began with Optic Neuritis in my left eye and major vertigo. I've had severe balance issues and fatigue that trumps any kind of "tiredness" in the worst way. (Not to mention serious weakness throughout my body). Major back pain (lower, mostly) and occasional zaps up my spine.

My wife had Optic Neuritis and many of your same symptoms. We gone to several doctors and she was diagnosed with long-term Lyme's disease. She took really strong antibiotics for 3 years. Several different ones for co-infections but mostly Doxycycline. Eventually her Optic Neuritis went away.

She never had any scans showing brain lesions. It may be that MS is an advanced form of Lyme disease. Maybe you should try taking strong antibiotics. Many doctors don't even admit long term Lyme disease is real.

Anyway, I hope this post helps you. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Make your own colloidal silver. It will work wonders for your ph and overall health. There are a few great books to help you properly dose yourself, and you will require strong doses. Only real side effect is in huge amounts you could develop a temporary blueish skin tone, harmless. No tolerance buildup.
Best wishes to you!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So May 31st of 2016 I was diagnosed with Relapsing/Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. It began with Optic Neuritis in my left eye and major vertigo. I've had severe balance issues and fatigue that trumps any kind of "tiredness" in the worst way. (Not to mention serious weakness throughout my body). Major back pain (lower, mostly) and occasional zaps up my spine.

My wife had Optic Neuritis and many of your same symptoms. We gone to several doctors and she was diagnosed with long-term Lyme's disease. She took really strong antibiotics for 3 years. Several different ones for co-infections but mostly Doxycycline. Eventually her Optic Neuritis went away.

She never had any scans showing brain lesions. It may be that MS is an advanced form of Lyme disease. Maybe you should try taking strong antibiotics. Many doctors don't even admit long term Lyme disease is real.

Anyway, I hope this post helps you. Good luck.
When I was hospitalized they did do tests for Lyme Disease, but have never heard of "Long Term" Lyme Disease. Worth asking about.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
Make your own colloidal silver. It will work wonders for your ph and overall health. There are a few great books to help you properly dose yourself, and you will require strong doses. Only real side effect is in huge amounts you could develop a temporary blueish skin tone, harmless. No tolerance buildup.
Best wishes to you!

THANK YOU. yet another thing to consider. I have heard it discussed here, but admit to knowing nothing about it.
edit on 6/10/2017 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
Best wishes to you!

THANK YOU. yet another thing to consider. I have heard it discussed here, but admit to knowing nothing about it.

My suggestion is to try every alternative.

At this point you have more to gain and less to loose by doing so.

I bless you with the reversal and removal of your symptoms in Jesus name.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't like bacon. All of a sudden, quite literally, the smell and taste turns my stomach. I wanna love it, and sausage...but no can do.

OP, I hope everything turns out positively for you. A prayer said in your honor.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Thank you very much.
I must try to snooze but will be back tomorrow.
Thank you EVERYONE.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Here our "unconventional" approch for MS, work well for us as it seem to have stopped progression for a couples years now. I keep repeating myself with this but nobody care, especially those with MS ?! Hear it if you find this interesting, if not, this is your choice.

First thing is you need to understand that modern way to treat MS is all bullsh*t. Big pharma love to use MS to sell molecules that did not succed at their original purpose, neurologist are clueless about this disease and are mostly just "vending machines" for the pharma industries. It is correct to listen to "official" medical advise when the disease is known, explained and CURABLE. For MS, we have strong evidences it is auto-immune, know a little on the process of the disease, but that's all. Things have not really progressed since the time of Charcot. If you want to continue believing the fairy tales neurologist(s) are telling you, then it would be better you stop reading this.

I did not know what is the starting cause of MS, but it seem once started, that the disease fuel itself from the damage it cause, some sort of positive feedback between cause and effect. One VERY important factor we found is related to alimentation, one possibility is some sort of defect in glucose energy metabolism at nerve cells. Also there is a possibility that nerve cells have some form of genetic problem making them especially weak and vulnerable to any form of insults, chemical or biological. My theory is that MS is a collections of many factors that conspire to create some form of syndrome, collectively called MS. Was alway septical of the "funny" permeable guts theory, but now cannot rule out it may be a factor among many others.

So sorry to say I have no easy or magical cure to propose, but we found couples of things that seem to greathly mitigate the effects and stop the progression.

If you're still following me, you need to understand that pain medication MUST be stopped. I know, easy to say, as you may consider them the most usefull medication for MS. Here is the rationale that in fact, pain medication is possibly the worst thing to do when having MS. Pain exist as a mean developed by evolution to indicate to an organism, be it an ants or a human, that a situation is not favorable in term of survivability for them. Pain tell you that putting your hand into fire is not a good thing. The pain associated with MS, at least for peripheral neuropathy, is telling you there is something bad into your organism and there is ongoing damage being done to your nerve cells. The whole concept that pain in MS is simply the result of damage to "wirings" and it is "phantom pain" and shall be "masked" is incredibly stupid and based on nothing more than guessing.

For peripheral neuropathy, when you have sensation of burn starting at extremities (feets) and rising gradually, this is small fibers type C being "trigerred". These fiber are sensitive to multiples things like chemicals in blood, and initially are being trigered by the process of MS, and they have the very bad tendency to sensitive themselves (lower the activation threshold). And when they produce a pain signal, they also produce a mechanism of inflamation, making them more activated, and then more inflamation. This mechanism is also at work for diabetics, as they too suffer from peripheral neuropathy, in their case, this is the abnormally high level of glucose that active and sensitise the type C fibers.

What need to be done is to stop the pain medication as it simply "block" the pain signal from reaching the brain, but the activation process of the type C fibers continue, it is like if they crank up the volume for the brain to hear, since it is now deaf due to the painkiller. If the painkiller would directly act on those type C fibers, it would be OK but it is not the case.

Then you need to experiment with your diet and discover what make the pain appear, and at what level it have risen, this is a very good indicator for the many substance that may trigger inflamation and promote further attack against your Myelin. Like us, you may be shocked to discover that you are intolerent to a multitudes of components of your diet that you consumed innocuously since you were born. For some it can be the gluten analogs, a multitudes of food preservative, that your system doesn't perform well in high carbs diet, that you have food allergy or intolerance... You may discover there are hundred of things that your system does not like and respond with inflamation.

The good news is that type C fibers desensitise themselves when you listen to them and remove, at least limit the offending(s) components from your diet. When I say diet, it include also medication like antibiotics (some are very unfriendly toward nerve cells), and deficiency (if your deficient in minerals or vitamins).

I can post more if you find this interesting. Take good note I have nothing to sale and I don't want to plug myself as a consultant. Just want to share my findings at controlling this disease with others as I am quite convinced that they are important.

Be advised however there is nothing easy here, this is what we call fighting a disease, most peoples say they fight a disease like cancer, but in fact they simply endure and resign to it. FYI EDSS 7.5 stable since couples of years, before this was spiralling toward severity as hell. Now COMPLETELY pain free, except when indulging in infrequent treat like fast food, but goes back to pain free status promptly. Also completly free of chronic UTI and no longer in need of antibiotics to control them.

edit on 11-6-2017 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Sorry I did not respond to your specific question. We know lots of peoples with MS, mostly thru internet groups. We never heard of anyone going permanently blind after an optical neuritis episode. The grey fog/cloud usually disappear gradually, sometime it take a month, sometime it take 6 months. After each episode, you may lose a bit of vision like getting small dead spot but the brain will fill the void and need a VER test to be told you have dead spot. You may also develop less contrast for color.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor

Sorry I did not respond to your specific question. We know lots of peoples with MS, mostly thru internet groups. We never heard of anyone going permanently blind after an optical neuritis episode. The grey fog/cloud usually disappear gradually, sometime it take a month, sometime it take 6 months. After each episode, you may lose a bit of vision like getting small dead spot but the brain will fill the void and need a VER test to be told you have dead spot. You may also develop less contrast for color.

Thank you very much for all of the information you have provided. I am no longer taking pain medication in the narcotic sense as it seemed like a waste. My neuro now has me on gabapentin and Effexor because supposedly these things work together to stem some of the neuropathic pain. I have yet to notice much of a difference. I am now at the stage where both my GP and Neuro want to send me to a pain clinic for chronic pain. Seems scary to me, and a bit of a cop out. I'm trying to eat healthier and get at least an hour of sun every day, but the fatigue is incessant. I'm living with my mom right now because her breast cancer has spread to her brain and her prognosis is grim. I think stress has a lot to do with my exacerbations/flare up of symptoms. But I'm trying really hard not to put my
health on the back burner, though that is quite difficult to achieve. My mom needs me and I have no time to "nurse" my health issues.
Hell, maybe that's my own cop out because I am scared and in denial. Yes, I have this disease, but I have literally the rest of my life to fight it. My mom is so much worse off than me, but if I'm not healthy how can I expect to take care of her? It's a circle jerk.
But I do feel I have the strength to take it all on. I just have to dig down and coax it out.

top topics

join