It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no Main Stream Media anymore..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Yes, I think what you are pointing up is that the MSM business model, much like brick and mortar retail, Sears, Radio Shack, is failing.

There are a variety of reasons, but I lay if off to lack of variety. You turn on CNN, any time of the day, watch for 10 minutes, and you instantly know what they will be featuring for the rest of the entire day, if not, week. And its all politics, all the time and typically only 3 political topics. But wait, it gets worse. They have 7 minutes of program at the top of the hour followed by 7 minutes of commercial. After that its 4 minutes of program followed by 6 minutes of commercials. At the bottom of the hour there is a 10 minute commercial break followed by a 5 minute segment on what they'll be featuring the next hour which is typically, the same political topic they hashed out in the last hour.

It is nothing less than awfule. Its tortuous.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

In hindsight a 24 hour news model for a business doesn't seem all that bright does it? Write an article and post it online once vs live broadcast TV of days to hours old information 24-72 times a day.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You are absolutely correct. My guess is that what impelled Turner to set up CNN was the realization that with Cable, there was a limitless number of channels available, so why not 24/7 News. And if I remember correctly, back in the time of its founding CNN worked because they had a huge sum of variety because they were fed large numbers of local stories of note from local stations and sources like local newspapers.

Today, they seem to have only one feed and that's from Washington DC, the "Beltway" feed.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No.

Usually the news articles that appear here have several people reporting on them. I like seeing everything they put together.

Even if they themselves don't have a lot of input. But this site does a little more than just standing on the sidelines. People actually go out and do their own investigative work. And since we are not confined by a budget, or our own country who shares information. We can get several different angles from people who live in the affected areas.

I like watching thom Hartmann because his debates that he brings up are with people who are experienced in that field. Getting their opinion on the matter helps. Sure they try to talk in a condescending manner, but it helps draw out what is really happening.

And the biggest problem with american people is ignorance. Second would be arrogance. Since people can not fathom what is happening and why is the biggest problem with americans. So the msm won't do reports on real news because americans ask too many dumb questions. And the msm cant do any real reporting anyway when they are directed to please americans with "the news."

So i like seeing a combination of angles to a news story instead of watching just one, or believing anything without a cross refference now.

It is just like whats his name said: "you have to sift through information in this age of technology."

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The MSM is not dying, you can't compare those two midgets to the MSM, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think you meant to say there is no independent media anymore since everybody now has become main stream. So there is no real voice of the under represented.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join