It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no Main Stream Media anymore..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Alex Jones, Joe Rogan, Youtube, podcast like No Agenda internet forums and social media has replaced the MSM.

Joe Rogan boast a regular download rate of 10 million per episode (YUUGEE), Alex Jones regularly has nearly ten million listeners as well (allegedly).

NewsWeek

"Tucker Carlson Tonight" averaged 3.2 million viewers and 636,000 adults in the 25-54 demographic at 8 p.m. Monday, The Hollywood Reporter reported, citing Nielsen Media early returns.

Snoops

This article was based on a 6 December 2016 report published by The Hill, which correctly stated that Fox News was averaging an audience of 2.9 million viewers (compared to CNN’s 960,000 and MSNBC’s 959,000) a month after the election. CNN and MSNBC did see a ratings dip after Donald Trump’s election victory on 8 November 2016, although attributing the decline wholly or primary to Trump supporters’ boycotting those news outlets seems to be a matter of assumption or speculation rather than hard data.

Although it doesn't seem like this the message of the liberal news media is in fact not resonating with Americans. Alex Jones and Joe Rogan resonate with Americans on a much large scale.

As you can see with the AJ Rogan Youtube video it has 5 million views. I don't watch the videos I listen through on app on my phone but Joe has been making this claim for years.

The MSM is dying. The message of the MSM is not resonating with Americans and even though it seems like this isn't true it is.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
was there ever a *real* MSM ?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes, prior to the mid 2000's the MSM was able to dominate the narrative. Once the internet became normal and was in every household that's when things began to change.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

how many come here to ATS for stories and covfefe of events
instead of switching on the news ?

a lot of the time
I find the stories here before
the mainstream picks up on them

edit on 10-6-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

When I open my browser, 2 tabs automatically come up. ATS and Fox News. Then, I open another tab that lets me live stream CNN and from the same site, I can pick several other networks to watch.
I click on ATS first, scan the "New" and "Breaking", then I check the others.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well done sir

Someone knows how to sift the bull shiz

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Sort of..

Take your joe rogan example.. he isn't MSM, but gets all his news from there..

And really it is the same with all the rest you mentioned..

They don't have investigative journalists.. they are compilation sites that just copy paste msm stories... after putting their own slant on it of course..

So really all media is msm..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
was there ever a *real* MSM ?

Lol there is only a msm..

Do you think drudge, brietbart, infowars exc have teams of investigative journalists??

No

They are compilation sites..

They take msm stories and put their own spin on it and pretend it was all their idea.. when they don't just make stuff up..

So you have never heard a legit story that was not msm.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Yes, prior to the mid 2000's the MSM was able to dominate the narrative. Once the internet became normal and was in every household that's when things began to change.

The msm still dominates it, those places don't have teams of journalists investigating stories. They just copy paste msm stories.

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

The msm still dominates it, those places don't have teams of journalists investigating stories. They just copy paste msm stories.

link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

"Investigative journalism is fake news"

Reading the TelePrompTer
young attractive women
old men "singing bird songs"
The man behind the "curtain"

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It's all fake news. None of it is real. They just say things to get ratings and make money. The profit motive has destroyed this country.

I don't even watch the news anymore. It's really meaningless garbage with really nothing to do with my life. I really don't care if the Russians hacked our elections. Both candidates did not represent my interests.
edit on 10-6-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

What's the point? Hollyweird/Mainstream media have been promoting degeneracy. For example Bill Nye the Science Guy believes being heterosexual is not real:

edit on 6/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Another poster beat me to it but here's the thing about all the blogs, podcasts, and so on out there. They're getting their information from sources which almost always trace back to the big media players. These so called independent journalists don't have the resources to investigate claims and they get minimal interviews.

Do you know who the real players in journalism are?

In investigative journalism it tends to be local news stations who take deeper looks into local issues. For national and international news it tends to be the wire services AP and Reuters. Have you ever wondered why every news station, regardless of bias describes the same events with the same words, and the same quotes? It's because they all get their content to report on from these few sources. They compile and publish the news. CNN, Fox, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, and all the rest take this news, put some spin on it to make it more appealing to their audience, and then report it.

From there the blogosphere takes it, puts their own spin on it, and reports on the story that was already reported. Everyone you mentioned, when they source material rather than make it up, they ultimately source those sites who subscribe to the AP and others.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Honestly I come here for my main source of "real" breaking news.

If this site doesn't have anything I start watching Thom Hartmann on YouTube. Then switch over to the yt news network.

The journalism found on these news networks is much better than what fox, msn/NBC, ABC, and bbc offers.

Honestly the news should be more like a forum piece. Only having higher ranked responses adding to the story, controlled based on fact checking and notoriety.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Ahh-emm!

"Economic factors may take some spring out of the Easter Bunnies step this year" 2013

"The final days of the campaign, can get a little salty" 2016

Ignorance is bliss

edit on 11-6-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Doh!

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I'd avoid Alex Jones like her was herpes on a 1c hooker.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
My tablet pushes me the current and breaking news stories long before someone chasing stars on ATS makes a thread

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
You are still going to need a word to describe those media outlets which used to be "mainstream".
To avoid confusion, one may as well stick with "MSM", even if it is no longer acurate.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
Honestly I come here for my main source of "real" breaking news.

So your source of news is a bunch of opinion pieces, and then you complain when the media is all about opinion over facts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join