It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein Box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Great acronym Enterprize Mission Computer 2 (EMC2) flew on the U2 last month.

Now enhancing that birds talents even further!

www.realcleardefense.com...

Wonder if you could fit this into something like a certain X Plane that spends a year in space....

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

What would be the point? It would only be over any area that you needed it for a few minutes, every hour and half or so depending on orbit. You need something that can loiter over an area for long periods of time.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Id go with a different aircraft for that funky box.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

The U-2 is the perfect aircraft to test it on, that doesn't mean that it will go operational on it, IF the Air Force goes for it. They have to sell it to them first.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I think the air force will like the efficiency its data/sensor fusion and c3 capabilities could bring to vintage fleet.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Depends on the budget, and what platform it will work best on.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Would that "platform" have to be an airplane?

Long-term loiter capability from a very high altitude (to maximize coverage) might be advantageous.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

That would be the best, as it wouldn't require SATCOM capabilities. It would require a platform either able to loiter within radio range, while staying outside defenses (which would be damn hard anymore), or a stealthy long loiter platform that could orbit the battlefield at high altitude.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

What would be the point? It would only be over any area that you needed it for a few minutes, every hour and half or so depending on orbit. You need something that can loiter over an area for long periods of time.

My bad, I though the X52B could change orbit to geostationary so it could stay above say a warzone for much longer than a U2.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Theoretically it could, but then you'd have to bring SATCOM into play to be able to use it. And SATCOM has its own issues when it comes to detection, and relaying to other aircraft. By using a U-2, or another high altitude platform, you can use LOS communications with it, depending on where it's at around the battlefield, but you don't have to use SATCOM.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Ahh, I have a hundred questions for you guys if we ever had a get together....cool reading

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Sadly the members of this thread by and large dont do "get togethers"

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

meet ups, i don't think the company would like that.

and as far as the new networking box goes, i think the real ISR platforms are pretty well networked.

maybe some of the older drones could use this

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Being NATO you also have EuroFighters,SAAB, Super Mirage,Typhoons and various other countries front line fighters/interceptors to talk with.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

You're going to be limited because you want something high altitude, long loiter that can linger over the battlespace in range of all your assets so they can use it to full advantage.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Blackfinger

You're going to be limited because you want something high altitude, long loiter that can linger over the battlespace in range of all your assets so they can use it to full advantage.

Northrop bus 2.0?

new topics

top topics

join