It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Origin of "Fake News" The MSM Doesn't Want You to Know

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ah, Fake News. The bane of the mainstream media's existence. At least for the past year or so. Before that, the term didn't really exist. Though surely Fake News has been around much longer, it seems there is a rather nefarious purpose behind this apparently "new" phenomenon...

It's pretty clear for most members here what exactly started the craze. Though is it really? It mostly seemed to surround scandals connected to Hillary Clinton and her associates, but the strange thing I noticed was that supposedly Fake News articles had been plaguing Clinton since long before the election which quickily ramped up during the presidential race. Evidence of Pay for Play, money laundering and shady business dealings seemed to come out of the woodwork, yet regardless it was still full steam ahead for Clinton.

Though it was one particular leak which seemed to be the Achilles heel for the Clinton machine, as everything appeared to quickly fall apart after this. As I said, we all know what it is so I won't get into it here.

What I would like to do is present what I find to be a very peculiar coincidence in regards to this leak and the MSM behavior right before and after it took place. Though because of the nature of this topic I can't really extrapolate much further other than to point you in the right direction. I should note for posterity purposes that I drew the same conclusion as the author of this article long before I even found it. So you can imagine my surprise when my suspicions were confirmed.

Here is an image showing the Google search statistics of Fake News:

You'll see that the search history is synonymous with the leak. In fact, the term "Fake News" as we know it today didn't seem to exist more than a few days before said leak.

Like I said, I don't want to venture into uncharted waters with this topic. I simply want to provide some useful information for those of you who may not have been aware of it previously.

We need to ask ourselves some tough questions... Is the advent of Fake News another Psyop being conducted by the Deepstate to alienate the alternative media and those who trust in it?

Google Analytics Graphic Proves How The MSM ‘Fake News’ Strategy Was Implemented

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Fake news or propaganda directed by some PTB (CIA) has been around since the founding of the country.

John Swinton on the Free Press:

One night, probably in 1880, John Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, was the guest of honor at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:
“There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.
There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with.
Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.
The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?
We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.”

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Absolutely. However, I'd say "Fake News" is akin to the proverbial Hyper Drive of propaganda...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: HorizonFall

What you have stumbled on here is what's called a coincidence.

The Podesta emails were leaked early November..

Also, around the same time was when Facebook got a lot of attention about its trending articles and fakes news..

www.wired.com...

And

www.forbes.com...

The second link shows the term "fake news" has indeed existed for quite some time.

edit on 10/6/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh, I miss the days when simplistic buzz words didn't make people feel so superior.

Damn you internet.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I"m rubber you're glue, whatever I say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

O'Doyle Rules!

Immature bullies and sycophants rules this planet. Tragic.

And we remain manipulated by the most latent, archaic and primitive behavior. Then I have to sit here and read very intelligent people eloquently argue nonsense. It is #ing insane.

But you are 100% correct. The first time this came up was Pizzagate. I didn't expect you to actually say that but you did. Good for you.

The last time I felt this way was when suddenly out of freaking nowhere it was ISIS this and ISIS that, beheadings (using green screens) when just the day before it was Al qeada. Well wonders never cease. Imagine my surprise, or lack thereof.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I just can't figure out why so many people believe that fake news, especially when farther down the articles it disclames it as someone's opinion or states there could be other possible interpretations possible.

Fake news has been around since people learned to write. It has gotten lots worse lately though. I cannot believe how many people around here believe it. Most who believe it seem to be on mood stabalizers or some medicine that can off balance our bodies chemistry, which is a third of the people around here.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

You would be the one to shout out "coincidence" .....Now that is coincidental indeed.
O'Doyle rules!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Citing Forbes as a valid source...

Also, if you read my post you would notice that I specifically state this as being a coincidence. Hence why I posted it in The Gray area.
edit on 10-6-2017 by HorizonFall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Plenty of other sources to use.

It is a coincidence.

So which one are you? A victim of fake news, or another perpetrator of fake news!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I simply point out what I see and allow others to draw their own conclusions. You can choose to share my perspective or not. Really doesn't affect me either way. Something about this issue seems off and to simply brush it under the rug is quite honestly ignorant and counterintuitive. Though again, that's just my perspective.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The fake news was created by a combination of Russia and independent entrepreneurs. I've researched this topic and came to that conclusion.

Russia had people writing fake news about Hillary Clinton. There were also some CEOs of fake news outlets that made their money during the election year by advertising revenue from sensationalist fake news stories that appealed to the conservative base.

edit on 10pmSat, 10 Jun 2017 20:26:21 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

So you're saying all the scandals surrounding Clinton are nothing more than fake news? Just another victim, huh?

And Russia?! Boy has the Deepstate ever taken you for a spin....

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well you haven't done a very good job at researching then.

Only giving one perspective shows an agenda, but I get it, you gotta appeal to your audience for those flags..

And as I've shown, the term fake news has been around for a good while longer than 2016.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonFall
a reply to: 727Sky

Absolutely. However, I'd say "Fake News" is akin to the proverbial Hyper Drive of propaganda...

Sky is correct, but it's the same thing really. In this case, I see it as a mainstream news media concoction to redirect viewing away from the immediacy of the internet, but since they are just as given to fakery at times, and have be seen to do so, they may as well fart in the wind.

The only problem I see here with the linked article, is that it seems to dwell on the American Democratic party, while curiously mixing the whole of Washington politics, and NWO, instead of being practical, and just saying that there is this problem of politicians, and I dare say media itself, and some kind of organised child abuse ring, and that it is not just Washington, but quite possibly world wide, and not from any particular source, or particular persuasion or ethos.

But, just to qualify things a little, the internet is bursting with absolute crap as well, which simply put, could make this conversation go on from now to eternity. However, Pizzagate is something real, except that it's probably not 'Pizzagate' but much more sinister and institutionalised, while nobody wants to talk about it.

The Guardian newspaper has been quoted as having stories they wouldn't touch with a bargepole, (not about Pizzagate) , and look at what they went through with Snowden?? they didn't say the stories were not true.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonFall
a reply to: darkbake

So you're saying all the scandals surrounding Clinton are nothing more than fake news? Just another victim, huh?

And Russia?! Boy has the Deepstate ever taken you for a spin....

So you're saying Russia has never published fake news?

Right off the top of my head... the shooting down of MH17.

Deep State? Hilarious!

edit on 10/6/17 by Chadwickus because: Deep State!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Deep State? Hilarious!

Chad, have a look at this article, it's three years old, (aka kind of recent )the whole sage has been going on since the 70's and it keeps falling off the radar, same for this story.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Go back through older parts of this story over the years may take a while but, it also includes events related to the US as well as the UK.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Everything you see on the tube, and now a days on the intertubes is fake news, as a matter of fact, its not even that! Its not even old news, more like regurgitated news, you know like the stuff you find in the toilet before you flush!

In fact I would be hard pressed to even call it news, there has yet to been any real news for the past few centuries. Other then some local cat getting stuck in a tree, there is very few and far between actual real news, and yes even on news channels.

And if that is news to you?

Then what can I say.
OK how about this?

Bananas and apricots go good together. Now would you call that little piece of tidbit, old news, fake news, or would it even be considered news at all? Maybe an opinion at most eh? Most of what TV and news channels are is but opinion and some sort of weird trend perpetrators. And even that is old news.

Its sad really, there is very few real actual news around around these days.

Here is some news to some, the severed thumb magic trick finally revealed, seen here only on ATS the secret finally revealed.

And here is a more evolved version, now them there is some of them news.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I haven't willingly watched tv news in over 25 years but when I'm subjected to it in a public venue, it seems to me that the "news" is whatever will sell the most of the chemicals being offered on the ads. BigPharma, BigAg and the BigBooze rule what is broadcast. They prefer stories that make us feel angry, afraid or anxious so we tend to consume their products to relieve those feelings.

I would say the Deep State has a lot to do with what we do see reported as well as what we don't see reported since it has been proven that the CIA is into several of the BigSix companies that control 80% of broadcast media. All the more reason for me to support folks who are truly independent, who really don't rely on advertising to support their broadcasts. Not saying that they are all honest as the day is long, most have an agenda but they're honest about their agenda and their reporting can't be killed because it might reflect badly on some corporate interest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join