It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The music of Nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've been sitting out in the back 40 for about an hour.
The symphony of sounds made my eyes get wet.
A crow was arguing with a mocking bird.
The wind was whistling through the seeded grass and sustaining a drone tone over an empty bottle.
The tree frogs sound horny.
I can hear a big rig and train in the distance.
Life is good.
I think I may strum a few chords on my geetwanger.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
When people find out that I live in the woods, they always comment on how peaceful and quiet it must be.

I always laugh. I tell them that they need to come out an spend a weekend so they can hear how quiet it is.

It is noisy, but to me it is peaceful, and is truly the sounds of natures music. Even the trees dance and sing along.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Can you hint at your spot in the world? Nothing exact, just love to know where you find peace with the noises! For me it's the Catskills in NYa reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22
I live in rural South Florida. I am blessed with the glorious sounds of nature's music year round.

I have a hawk that screams his angry song at me every time I walk to the pond to feed the fish, because I won't let him feed while I am feeding the fish. I get visits from my neighbors, cows, horses, and goats. They have their own special kind of music. My place seems to be the local animal sanctuary. I even had a baby rabbit run up to my backdoor screaming bloody murder. Of course I gave it shelter until its attacker ran off.

Between the animals. the insects, the amphibians, reptiles, trees, and vegetation, it is one loud, magnificent orchestra. This time of year we really get the added majesty of the storms, with full special lighting effects and surround sound.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

We are neighbors of sorts. I'm about 15 miles north of Lake O. My house has become a sanctuary of sorts also. I have tons of wildlife around my place.

I know what you guys mean about the sounds of nature. It does have its own sound of noise, but what a beautiful symphony.

Kind of funny, when I lived in Providence RI and heard gunshots in my neighborhood I'd get a little nervous, I hear them here and don't think twice about it. Someone has a Gatling gun around here that they shoot on the 4th of July and New Years. lol I'm a lot less worried about drunkin rednecks and their guns any day.

Yes, life is good on the farm indeed.

I meant to add that an otter just found its way to our pond the other day. I was so excited about it!

edit on 6/10/17 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I hear what your saying.I got a nice little place deep in the woods by a stream.Anyway I hear all types of birds,and if you're really sitting still you can see a deer..S&F
edit on 10-6-2017 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Beautiful, I do understand. My other home is on Meritt island Florida, nothing like the Catskills but beautiful also. Hope to make the big move south in the next 2 years.a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Can you hint at your spot in the world? Nothing exact, just love to know where you find peace with the noises! For me it's the Catskills in NYa reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

South coast in Texas.
I do have an attractive womerm snoring like a grizzly in hibernation on the porch.
Not sure what is the right thing to do.
First world problems.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well, this is the soundtrack where I live.

Only occasionally interrupted by the sounds of the army on Salisbury Plain, upon which I live.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, this is the soundtrack where I live.

Only occasionally interrupted by the sounds of the army on Salisbury Plain, upon which I live.

Salisbury Plain. Is that where the steaks with gravy originated? I had one for breakfast.

top topics

join