It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Montreal) LGBT community celebrates 8-year-old drag queen. Critics call it child abuse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
the video is a lil weird...

voguing ?
doesn't look that fun...

i'm way too old

Kids grow up so fast now, and we're all looking back thinking
I wish I could have been an innocent kid just for a little longer,
before life decided to start kicking me in the balls
repeatedly...
edit on 10-6-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Whats up with his stage name "Lactaria"??

As in Lactate? Is it a play on words that he is really young ... still breastfeeding ?

If so that's kinda creepy. I'm all for adults doing this and being LGBTI or transvestite. Admittedly I do not know much about Drag Shows other than what I've seen on Rupaul's Drag Race. If those dances are done for titillation that's messed up just as seeing a little girl doing a Miley dance

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The History of Voguinga reply to: kibric

Definition:
A dance form popular in the 1970s and 80s. Voguing began in the Harlem gay scene as a non-aggressive battle between two feuding individuals- who chose to use dance instead of violence to settle differences. Voguing often imitated the perfect lines and flexibility of model poses seen in fashion magazine such as Vogue- of the which the dance got its name. No touching was allowed during vogue challenges, even though dancers would often become intertwined in each others extended arms, legs and hand moves.

I'm still looking for more info but I think there's a little more to it than the above.

What's interesting is this video was from 2010.

No kids.

peace

peace

edit on 3623Saturday201713 by silo13 because: added note

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Personally I think 18 years old should be the age when people can engage on such things.

8 years old is far too young.
edit on 6/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Jiggly

the kid can do what he wants and wear what he wants..

Where do you draw the line on that?

peace

I hear you on that one. As a kid I wanted to wear my pajamas every single day but there was no way my parents would let me wear pajamas to school. I'm all for kids dressing up and exploring different characters, personalities and styles etc but I think there needs to be some common sense and discipline when raising kids

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Yep. The problem is with the parents who create bullies that refuse to treat others that are different as equals and with dignity.

Show me where parents of prepubescent children are encouraging their kids to ridicule classmates based on their sexuality, who are just trying to add 1+1..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I have no clue why you are dismissing the bullying in schools.
I looked up on google and their are plenty of articles, including the scholarly ones. But I decide I won't bother because you will dismiss them as well.
Bullying is a real problem in schools. Too many gay and transgender children end up committing suicide.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sorry DA.. Checking out of this BS...

There is NO scenario justified, using children.. to push politics...

To use innocent children to push an agenda that's failing on the adult level..

Is beyond further discussion..

Leave the children out of this...

SMH...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I never disagreed that using children to push a political agenda is wrong.
You might be mixing me with someone else.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

Yep. The problem is with the parents who create bullies that refuse to treat others that are different as equals and with dignity.

Show me where parents of prepubescent children are encouraging their kids to ridicule classmates based on their sexuality, who are just trying to add 1+1..

Your right that bullies (for the most part) are not actively encouraged to be bullies. Although passively through how their parents act towards them and other can definitely influence them to be bullies.

With no guidance a child will come to there own conclusions of what is right and wrong. Its scary to think that a kid would willing hurt others.

Chalk it up to human nature I guess.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Normalizing Mental Illness.

Meh.

I think the mental illness is to be found in the parents. That is seriously sick. They need help.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If I did.. I apologize... sensitive subject...

No way in hell should we ... on any side of political spectrum..

USE CHILDREN.. in our debates..

Just my position...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Agreed. But the misunderstanding of gender dysphoria in children comes from the right-wing media and the people who refuse to believe it and instead convince themselves and others that the LGBT and parents are "forcing" this on their children with no proof of any kind. Now in the OP the parents parading this kid might be a bit much and maybe they are using him to push a political agenda but I doubt they forced sexuality on this kid.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

OK.. My problem is that.. the homosexual community has FINALLY garnered acceptance...

Am I now expected to embrace the BITRANS aspect of that... or the Q.. wth is Q?

If i were LG... I would be seriously pissed... that the fight for recognition and acceptence was now jumbled up in this manner..

The folks who are including prepubescent children inthat effort are seriously muddying the waters..

Surprised that the gay community haven't stepped up to oppose what's happening..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Actually some LGB people didn't want the T to be a part of it and added to it since the T has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Actually some LGB people didn't want the T to be a part of it and added to it since the T has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Neither does the B..

Adding more letters... doesn't increase the effort.. it only dilutes the original effort for a justified recognition ..

Don't let the alphabet stain the gains...

All I am saying..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Did this 8 yr old have a tattoo on his back?? What parent would allow that??

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Did this 8 yr old have a tattoo on his back?? What parent would allow that??

Fake tattoo. Real tattoos are illegal on children.

edit on 6/10/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The only thing one can take away from that video is that Canadians sure are weird. Look at what there wearing? Its so tacky and cheesy, it all just clashes.

You know they say the brain does not fully develop till at least in the 20s, its quite obvious there fashion sense has yet to fully develop, only explanation for such a mockery of clashing flamboyant colors. So some never fully develop, much less develop a fashion sense, its all about attention with them. Such childishness.

But really are we surprised here? The kids parents are kind of share that kids styling, so ya the kid I do not believe is going against his parents wishes? How do you think he got there? Walked? Probably his lunch money would not be enough to take the bus downtown, much he would even be clueless to the name of the street he is on, or even how to get back home. You could say the apple does not fall far from the tree.

And well, as susceptible to fashion and fads old people are, kids are more so. This is a clear case of dopey and wacky people doing dopey and wacky things, but you know. Whatever, some people just like all kinds of attention. I will chock this up to Canadian weirdness. Canadians be weird yo.

edit on 10pmSaturdaypm102017f6pmSat, 10 Jun 2017 22:32:35 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Anybody who supports this needs to be lynched. #ing seriously. Child abuse, endangerment, corruption of a minor, possible pedophilia sickness going on within that circle.

This poor boy, there is no way, NO WAY IN HELL this boy is acting this way and not already been sexually abused. If the types of people who freely and within their right to participate in these raunchy ways do not stop this kind of sickness and child abuse, there is just no way for ANYONE of that chosen lifestyle to be guaranteed to be safe while conservatism regains control of North America.

Decency will be fighting back very soon, and the fury of our anger and disgust WILL be seen and heard in the courtrooms across the continent. Certainly once the Supreme Court justices are all in place, we can finally succeed with prosecuting these depraved and wicked attacks on the minds and souls of minor children!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join