It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Montreal) LGBT community celebrates 8-year-old drag queen. Critics call it child abuse

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: silo13

We all are born with orientations. That's how it work. That's why gay conversion therapy always fails.

The APA actually condemns conversion therapy. Thank goodness.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Yes you've brought up the 'orientation' thing before. I'll have to read up on it - I'm not sure where orientation and born the way you are collide or even if they do.

peace

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Yes you've brought up the 'orientation' thing before. I'll have to read up on it - I'm not sure where orientation and born the way you are collide or even if they do.

peace

In 2014 they proved it does via a little something called epigenetics.

Here's an article that explains it pretty well: www.slate.com...

It used to be thought that there was a 'gay-gene'. However, it was recently determined (in 2014) that it's actually a little more complex and isn't the result of one singular gene playing a role.

The academy found that a multitude of scientific studies have shown sexual orientation is biologically determined. There is not a single gene or environmental factor that is responsible for this—but rather a set of complex interactions between the two that determines one’s sexual orientation.

However, more evidence is leading investigators to a specific region on the X-chromosome and possibly a region on another chromosome.

The identification of these chromosomal regions does not imply that homosexuality is a disorder—nor does it imply that there are mutations in the genes in these regions, which still remain to be identified. Rather, for the first time, it suggests that there is a specific region on a chromosome that determines sexual orientation.

edit on 15-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: because

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Or if you feel up to the challenge of reading the 100pg scientific report:
www.assaf.co.za...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yeah, that's it.

peace

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I hadn't heard those details on the "rights of the child" crap before. Enough to know it was bad news, but not that! And, to think, some still claim there is no major pedo agenda around.

Sadly, there is. I don't know why people are so afraid to admit it, but no, the LG** apologists turn away and pretend like it's not happening, when in fact it is.

peace

Makes you wonder, eh? There is a lot more of that around, I believe, than many want to accept. It's a very pervasive evil.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Abuse, indeed. That poor kid's life is being destroyed.

I would love to follow up on this in 15 years....

Yeah, when something really bad happens, watch them all blame us, too. I feel so bad for the poor kid. What's happening in his home, that this is allowed?

edit on 15-6-2017 by LadyGreenEyes because: gremlins ate my "s"

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
if you can play pretend as a fireman or a policeman or spiderman or batman, why not a girl? my problem is if they decide to change his gender legally and give him hormone therapy and such. that ought to wait until he is old enough to sign his own medical paperwork. until then, let him have fun dressing up as he wishes.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Hormone therapy is reversible and they will know when the puberty hits anyway. So no loss.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
if you can play pretend as a fireman or a policeman or spiderman or batman, why not a girl? my problem is if they decide to change his gender legally and give him hormone therapy and such. that ought to wait until he is old enough to sign his own medical paperwork. until then, let him have fun dressing up as he wishes.

Hormone blockers need to be before puberty.

Before changes occur in the body.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

point being the little boy should wait until most of the way to adult before pursuing that kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

This is what is called a transvestism. No hormone blocker involved.
As I have pointed out on the first page the people on the right do the same thing to the little girls.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yeah, that's it.

peace

The string of letters is a valid point, hell there's even an actual gay ATS member making a thread saying how the string of letters in ridiculous. The post is on the front page. The ATS member says actual gays shouldn't let the string of letters (regardless of how short or long they are) represent them or who they are. It's true. It's a valid point. So, I'm not sure what your reasoning is for posting it.

No one here is arguing about the string of letters. Do you see me typing out LGBTQRHEGWEWWGEWGE? No. I have been typing LGBTQ. So what? I'll type LGBT if I feel like it. That's not the issue here. No one here is arguing about how many letters there are or whether or not it's ridiculous. The string of letters has NOTHING to do with the actual gay community. Because, like it was said, these letters do nothing to represent the ACTUAL people within the community. And that was taken from the point of view of an actual gay man. Here on ATS.

I think the letters are excessive. But whether I think it is excessive or not has nothing to do with the fact that these people are just people...just like you or I. If some want the community to be called The Hingadingas, I couldn't give two effs, and I'm sure a good majority within the community wouldn't give two effs either.

If anything, this just proves your own opinion wrong. You keep going on about how the gay community is 'pathetic' and how they center their entire existence around their sexual lives (which, is blatantly untrue and again, is completely unfounded). What that video proves is that the members of the gay community are yes, confused by all the letters and the majority don't identify by them and don't care to. They just want to live their lives as NORMAL people and love who they love without judgement.

Therefore, trying to post a youtube video breaking down the letters HAS NOTHING to do with ANYTHING except it proves you continue to grab at straws to explain your "disdain" for these people. I was going to say "Nice try", but this isn't a nice try. It's desperation at this point.

SMH.
edit on 16-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: because

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I agree to a point - when the child begins to tell the parent what to do and not to do.

And, yeah, dressing up is great. But the ‘vogue’ dancing - the 'scene' - the whole seedy ugly scene of Drag Queens? Even an ex drag Q posted here in the thread that 'scene' is NOT for kids - especially young ones.

peace

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think this is more of media playing the Pied Piper.

I showed this to my gay relative and his friends. They were all appalled. My nephew said if that was his nephew or cousin, that there would be Hell to pay. They said that is was wrong on so many levels that they didn't know were to start.

Even on ATS, the majority of our LGBT+ members also believe that this has more to do 15 the mother's 15 minutes of fame than the gender issue.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I think this is more of media playing the Pied Piper.

I showed this to my gay relative and his friends. They were all appalled. My nephew said if that was his nephew or cousin, that there would be Hell to pay. They said that is was wrong on so many levels that they didn't know were to start.

Even on ATS, the majority of our LGBT+ members also believe that this has more to do 15 the mother's 15 minutes of fame than the gender issue.

Silo continually fails to see this. I did the same EXACT thing to two of my gay friends and showed them the video and they reacted the same way you are describing. What you're saying is exactly the case.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Good for them. Thanks for the info.

The media playing the 'Pied Piper' - sure. It's just too bad the 'gay community' is quoted as 'backing' this child's behavior. It seems the spokesperson either spoke out of turn or didn't realize the outrage this would provoke from many sections.

peace

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The media playing the 'Pied Piper' - sure. It's just too bad the 'gay community' is quoted as 'backing' this child's behavior. It seems the spokesperson either spoke out of turn or didn't realize the outrage this would provoke from many sections.

peace

Wow, they were able to ask the ENTIRE gay community? That is one really talented reporter.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

peace

LGBTO - - is not a group think

It is comprised of individual people. Each having their own thought on the matter.

Their only connection is their orientation differentiates from what is considered "norm" by society.

SOME that are under the LGBTO umbrella are supporting a child in being who he is.

They DO NOT represent the entire LGBTO community.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Like I said I think it's a shame someone from the 'gay community' stepped up as spokesperson for all when all (obviously) do not agree.

One problem with hooking up to so said groups of any kind.

peace

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join