It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Montreal) LGBT community celebrates 8-year-old drag queen. Critics call it child abuse

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Social and behavioral experiments gone amok???!!

Long...loooong time ago

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13
No disrespect to the adult LGBT community (being adult gives them the will to choose what they want to be unlike children whose minds are learning) but to 1 adult gender/sexual preferences should not be influenced upon developing young minds.

They are children who require adult guidance not adult preferences placed within their minds

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: sapien82
seems a bit mental to me if he hasnt even reached puberty yet
seems silly to indulge a childs desires at this age especially if its conufsing enough already going through puberty never mind sexual identity at that age

It remindes me of yearbook pictures. I don't know anyone who looks back on their yearbook pictures and don't cringe a bit. Those 'big hair' days or when young men followed the 'look of the day'... Think on that a minute.

if I had kids I wouldnt allow them to make decisions like this by themselves until they are legally old enough to decide for themselves , whether that means supressing their own sexual identity then so be it ,
7 or 8 year olds cant adequately consider the consequences of their actions and the impact these decisions have on the future never mind decide if they want to be spiderman or batman the rest of the week never mind a boy or a girl.

Well, like the child said 'If your parents don't want you to be a drag queen...You need new parents.'

Astonishing really.

The other day i got to thinking , what if trans gender identity issues are a primary state before humans move into transhumanism, first of all we remove the identity of male or female then humans can easily become trans humanist as they no longer identify with male or female making it easier for them to transition into non human machines
it was just a mad thought but what if this movement is the precursor to full on transhumanism like the pyschological stage and physical stages , and next once they change gender they remove their gender, then become more machine like with augments etc - it was a crazy idea I know

I think you're right on mark. Maybe not for those reasons but there is a huge push (as I see it) for TPTB to turn us all into transhumans.

Great thing about that cycle? Once we're all the 'same' - it will become vogue to be different so we'll be right back to make female again, lol!

Thanks for the crazy ideas that are not so crazy.

peace

I don;t think his statement about 'getting new parents' holds any true weight in this issue. I'd chalk that up to kid's just saying the darnedest things. It's like I don't pay any mind to youtube videos where kids say they love ice cream more than their parents. It's just a kid saying things that are just nonsense for the hell of saying it (because, again, he's a kid) and he's saying it because kids like to get attention, they like to seem impressive or get a rise out of adults. It's always been this way. And to any adult who takes this as a literal message, it's just foolish. I heard it and just shook my head and moved on.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

now that you point it out , i blame pop culture because they are pushing the lgbtq rights things and of course young children love to listen to pop stars and emulate them , so is it because they are all listening to these artists who are really maybe trying to target adults rather than children !??!

anyways

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I used to love to play dress up with my grandmother's clothes. She had these lovely gold loafers that I would wear around the house, pretending I was a princess.

Now, I don't wear women's things today, though I would like to try on some shoes with higher heels (they have those for men now).

The point is, dressing up like a girl was something I tried on at about the same age. My parents and grand parents allowed me to. It was fun.

And I grew up to be a gay man who is happy in his cis skin.

I think some posters are getting drag confused with transgender. They are different things. Drag comes from the camp tradition, with over the top glam and excesses in personality. On the other hand, transgender folk don't feel that their genetic sexual makeup aligns with their gender identity. Trans has nothing to do with camp and everything to do with identity.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth
Yes. Children will indeed push the limit, as responsible parents you have to make sure they know what those limits are.

I raised my nephew and two nieces when my sister was not able to. He told me one day when he was nine years old, that his friend told him he didn't have to listen to me because I was not his mother. I said to him, "Really!" "So who does your friend say that have to listen to?" He told me no one. That he only had to listen to himself. I told him that that worked for me. If he felt he had the right to think and care for himself, then I wouldn't stand in his way. Then I asked him where was he going to live? He was quite puzzled. I told him that if he was taking on the responsibility of caring for himself, that it started with having his own house, his own clothes, and his own food.

I told him he could give me back my clothes, and he could go find his own house. He grabbed me and hugged me, crying, "but Auntie, I am just a kid, somebody has to take care of me." I said well I guess you have to find someone that is willing to take you in and take care of you. He said, "no Auntie, I want to stay here with you." I told him but you can't, your friend said you don't have to listen to me an if you stay here, you have to listen to me.

That was the last time we ever had to have that conversation, until he was sixteen. The dialogue was a bit different but the outcome was the same. He is 45 years old now, and his son always wants to hear me tell him about his father's rebellious moments when he was growing up. He gets such a kick out of hearing that his father too had moments when he was just a plain brat.

Kids will push you, and they will test you. How else will they know that you are strong enough not to be pushed over, and that they are safe in your care?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I wanted to be a dinosaur at 8.

Should I sue my parents or society for failing me?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven
I used to love to play dress up with my grandmother's clothes. She had these lovely gold loafers that I would wear around the house, pretending I was a princess.

Now, I don't wear women's things today, though I would like to try on some shoes with higher heels (they have those for men now).

The point is, dressing up like a girl was something I tried on at about the same age. My parents and grand parents allowed me to. It was fun.

And I grew up to be a gay man who is happy in his cis skin.

I think some posters are getting drag confused with transgender. They are different things. Drag comes from the camp tradition, with over the top glam and excesses in personality. On the other hand, transgender folk don't feel that their genetic sexual makeup aligns with their gender identity. Trans has nothing to do with camp and everything to do with identity.

Agree. This this this. You knew at a young age, I'm guessing? And yes, so many don't understand the difference. It all brings me back to the movie To Wong Foo where Wesley Snipes describes it as:

"When a straight man puts on a dress and gets his sexual kicks, he is a transvestite. When a man is a woman trapped in a man's body and has a little operation he is a Transsexual.When a gay man has way too much fashion sense for one gender he is a drag queen."

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I agree with this. When it comes down to it, no matter how strong and outrageous a kid's claims are that "I'll just get new parents" or "You can't tell me what to do!" When a parent just shakes their head and says "Fine, no one is stopping you.." The end result is the same, the kid quickly realizes they realistically cannot 'get new parents' and cannot realistically 'take care of themselves'.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Children say they want to marry their mothers and fathers when they are young. My niece had the mother of all temper tantrums when she was told that little girls can't marry their fathers. So do we now pass a law allowing incest an pedophilia?

I remember when I was young. I was a Tom Boy. All my friends were boys and I, and they, considered me their equal. In fact my Dad used to support me in my believe that I was as good as anyone else, even if I was a girl. I could shoot better than the boys, I could pitch better than them, and I could run faster. I never thought about sex. Sex or sexuality wasn't on the agenda back then. When I was 16 years old I had the crush of a life time. He was a senior. He smiled at me and patted my head telling how cute I was. Then he would hand me his homework. The only advantage to being a teen nerd. Being sought out by my big crush, even if he was just using me to keep up his grades so he could remain on the basketball team.

I am not going to get into the sexual identity argument. It is an argument for adults. The age of consent in my area is 18. Sexual contact with a child under the age 18 is a criminal act because they are not mature enough to make a decision regarding sexual activity, and they shouldn't have to.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yuck. I know that's not the most intellectual of responses, but as a father of a BOY, it grosses me out. Children should not be encouraged to involve themselves in sexualized behaviours.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

I agree with this. When it comes down to it, no matter how strong and outrageous a kid's claims are that "I'll just get new parents" or "You can't tell me what to do!" When a parent just shakes their head and says "Fine, no one is stopping you.." The end result is the same, the kid quickly realizes they realistically cannot 'get new parents' and cannot realistically 'take care of themselves'.

Actually they can be placed in a LGBTQ friendly foster care home if they can prove their parents refusal to allow the child to be how the child feels, as abusive.

Considering the foster care system is often based on financial gain for many , who knows what kind of nests of moral and psychological damage these children can fall prey to within that system.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yes! The To Wong Foo quote is perfect.

I did know at a young age that I was gay, though it would take years my vocabulary to catch up with how I felt. I imagine transgender people must spend most of a lifetime knowing that something is different. It's such a relief to live as who you are, but it can be scary, too.

I'm so glad that there are LGBT role models for kids now.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Actually they can be placed in a LGBTQ friendly foster care home if they can prove their parents refusal to allow the child to be how the child feels, as abusive.

Who makes that decision? A child is clueless to the sexual differences between a man and a women until they are taught.

Children want to be included. If all their friends are boys, they want to be a boy, because they want to be the same. If a boy grows up in an all female household, and he watches them paint their nails, put on makeup, and do a lot of girlie things, he wants to be included. Does this mean the child is homosexual? Does it mean he is a drag queen? No. It means the child wants to fit in.

We have to stop projecting our problems, our old battles, and our old prejudices onto these children. Leave them alone and let them grow up to be what they want to be, not what someone thinks they want to be.

edit on 13-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Considering the foster care system is often based on financial gain for many , who knows what kind of nests of moral and psychological damage these children can fall prey to within that system.

Again, an UNLIKELY scenario. It's not a bad thing for a foster care operation to be LGBTQ friendly. But that is a totally separate issue. You're saying the child would have to prove their parent's refusal to accept. It's not so simple and overly-dramatic as that. It is HIGHLY unlikely trained social workers would just up and remove a child from a household because their parents didn't like their LGBTQ-ness (whatever aspect the child is going through).

Social workers are trained individuals. They don't just remove kids that claim their parents don't like them for whatever reason and they certainly don't remove them if the kid just says something. Investigations are done, abuse would have to be present. If a parent says something like "I don't approve of you thinking you're a boy when you were clearly born a girl". That's obviously not abuse, that's just a parent not agreeing with something. But if a parent is legitimately beating their kid or giving them so much verbal abuse/grief because of something pertaining to their LGBTQ-ness...THAT could be considered abuse and grounds for removal.

You're being waaay overly-dramatic and this all goes back to another post regarding Bill 89 wherein you neglected to actually read the entirety of the bill. You read the biased articles nonsensically critiquing the bill (again, the bill that you did not read in full), which then confirms your own dramatic biases and made you believe they could just remove any child, for any reason for saying things like "Mommy and daddy don't like me because I'm gay."

If you actually knew anything about foster care and social workers and the system itself (which I have a firsthand experience with), you would know that what you're saying doesn't make any sense and it isn't how the system works at all. Again, nice try.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Sheye

Who makes that decision? A child is clueless to the sexual differences between a man and a women until they are taught.

Children want to be included. If all their friends are boys, they want to be a boy, because they want to be the same. If a boy grows up in an all female household, and he watches them paint their nails, put on makeup, and do a lot of girlie things, he wants to be included. Does this mean the child is homosexual? Does it mean he is a drag queen? No. It means the child wants to fit in.

We have to stop projecting our problems, our old battles, and our old prejudices onto these children. Leave them alone and let them grow up to be what they want to be, not what someone thinks they want to be.

Wonderfully, wonderfully put! Thank you for writing this! If I could give you 100 stars I would!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Again, an UNLIKELY scenario. It's not a bad thing for a foster care operation to be LGBTQ friendly. But that is a totally separate issue. You're saying the child would have to prove their parent's refusal to accept. It's not so simple and overly-dramatic as that. It is HIGHLY unlikely trained social workers would just up and remove a child from a household because their parents didn't like their LGBTQ-ness (whatever aspect the child is going through).

Social workers are trained individuals. They don't just remove kids that claim their parents don't like them for whatever reason and they certainly don't remove them if the kid just says something. Investigations are done, abuse would have to be present. If a parent says something like "I don't approve of you thinking you're a boy when you were clearly born a girl". That's obviously not abuse, that's just a parent not agreeing with something. But if a parent is legitimately beating their kid or giving them so much verbal abuse/grief because of something pertaining to their LGBTQ-ness...THAT could be considered abuse and grounds for removal.

You're being waaay overly-dramatic and this all goes back to another post regarding Bill 89 wherein you neglected to actually read the entirety of the bill. You read the biased articles nonsensically critiquing the bill (again, the bill that you did not read in full), which then confirms your own dramatic biases and made you believe they could just remove any child, for any reason for saying things like "Mommy and daddy don't like me because I'm gay."

If you actually knew anything about foster care and social workers and the system itself (which I have a firsthand experience with), you would know that what you're saying doesn't make any sense and it isn't how the system works at all. Again, nice try.

Time will tell what the ' foster care' system will deem abusive.

" My eight year old keeps stealing his older sisters clothes and make up because I refuse to buy him any mam..so I decided after the third time and three warnings to punish him for his behavior. He threw a hissy fit and said we are damaging him psychologically and that is why we are sitting here talking to you mam "
I can see that scenerio happening quite easily.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

Yes! The To Wong Foo quote is perfect.

I did know at a young age that I was gay, though it would take years my vocabulary to catch up with how I felt. I imagine transgender people must spend most of a lifetime knowing that something is different. It's such a relief to live as who you are, but it can be scary, too.

I'm so glad that there are LGBT role models for kids now.

My best friend growing up was gay. I met him and we became friends when he was 11. He knew when I had met him when he was 11 and he said he actually knew when he was 8 y/o. Some people just do not understand if they've never been directly affiliated with it. Which sucks, because...you know..we should be smart enough in this day and age to know that just because something is 'different', it doesn't mean they're any less beautiful or human. It doesn't mean they're broken.

Hell, a hundred years ago, man looked down heavily on the black community. They were out of bonds, yes, but still the racial sentiment was so openly there. Just because they were seen as 'different'. People were afraid of removing segregation less than 100 years ago. They thought the 'liberal media' was pushing an agenda of mixing races. Which they were, but it was for a damn good reason. Because all people are equal and they should all be loved and supported.

I applaud you and I have the utmost respect for you not being afraid to just be who you are when you still have a world filled with people who don't approve. One day, the ignorance will die out and all we can hope for is that the world of tomorrow will be fully accepting of the 'differences' that keep us divided today.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

. One day, the ignorance will die out and all we can hope for is that the world of tomorrow will be fully accepting of the 'differences' that keep us divided today.

How dare you insinuate those who do not conform to your way of thinking are ignorant.

Maybe it will be the willfully sinful like you who are in for the big wake up surprise from ignorance.

edit on 13-6-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

. One day, the ignorance will die out and all we can hope for is that the world of tomorrow will be fully accepting of the 'differences' that keep us divided today.

How dare you insinuate those who do not conform to your way of thinking are ignorant.

Maybe it will be the willfully sinful like you who are in for the big wake up surprise from ignorance.

How dare I? Take chill pill, sheesh. You believe in something devoid of any scientific evidence, the rest of the world would consider that ignorance. And it wasn't even directed at you, so it's not my fault you took it that way.

And your vague threat of damnation is so silly it makes me laugh.
You get so offended.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join