It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE Newark Arrests 113 Criminal Targets In 5-Day Enforcement Surge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

These individuals range from age 18 to 74 years old and all were previously convicted of a variety of offenses. Some of the convictions included sexual assault on a minor, child abuse, possession of narcotics, distribution of narcotics, robbery, trespassing, damage to property, DUI, crimes against person, fraud, sex offense against a child/fondling, threaten to kill, sexual exploitation of a minor, domestic violence, battery, theft of us government property, possession of a weapon, illegal use of credit cards, burglary, larceny, aggravated assault and illegal reentry.

ICE Newark Arrests 113 Criminal Targets In 5-Day Enforcement Surge

Makes you wonder as an American citizen, just how many "criminal" aliens are in our country. This sting operation lasted only 5 days and involved just one ICE field office. Currently, there are 25 ICE field offices in the United States.
Homeland Security Investigation Principal Field Offices:
www.ice.gov...

Imagine a month long sting effort that involved all ICE field offices. Personally, I think there should be MORE field offices located in medium sized cities and MORE sting operations.

ICE is focused on smart, effective immigration enforcement that targets serious criminal aliens who present the greatest risk to the security of our communities, such as those charged with or convicted of homicide, rape, robbery, kidnapping, major drug offenses and threats to national security.

www.ice.gov...-survey-target-id

Just how many "criminal" immigrants are in the United States? Well, that depends on who you ask. From an article dated 11/2016:

But according to the Department of Homeland Security, there are roughly 1.9 million non-citizen immigrants who have been convicted of crimes and are subject to deportation — what the government calls “removable criminal aliens.”1 That total, however, includes both undocumented immigrants and noncitizens in the country legally.2 The Migration Policy Institute, a think tank, estimates that there are roughly 11 million immigrants in the U.S. illegally and that approximately 820,000 of them have criminal records. (The Migration Policy Institute doesn’t take positions on specific legislation but is generally seen as favoring immigration. The Pew Research Center, another think tank, comes up with a similar figure for the total number of undocumented immigrants.) Some of those immigrants are already incarcerated: A recent report from the Congressional Research Service estimated that at the end of 2013, there were more than 140,000 non-citizen immigrants in local, state and federal prisons and jails. (That figure includes people who are in the country legally, not all of whom are subject to deportation.)

fivethirtyeight.com...

Why is the left in an uproar over Trump's policy of removing "undocumented" aliens from our country....especially those with criminal records? Why are there "sanctuary" cities in our country, that possibly protect those undocumented immigrants with criminal records? Obama prioritized deporting undocumented immigrants when he was in office. I don't recall any protests or outrage when he was in office, so why now?

When Obama first took office, he prioritized deporting undocumented immigrants with criminal convictions, in some cases even for comparatively minor violations such as traffic offenses or shoplifting, according to Randy Capps of the Migration Policy Institute. Partly as a result, deportations soared under Obama, topping 400,000 in 2012.

Capps said that the Homeland Security Department still has the resources it had in Obama’s first term. From a practical standpoint, then, it wouldn’t be hard for the government to deport 400,000 or even 500,000 people per year — meaning that Trump could credibly deport 2 million people during his first term without requiring additional resources or authorization from Congress. Many, but not all, of the people deported would be convicted criminals.3

fivethirtyeight.com...

Those who support "sanctuary" cities should check out this graph:

ICE conducted 240,255 removals. ICE conducted 65,332 removals of individuals apprehended by ICE officers (i.e., interior removals) (Figure 5). 60,318 (92 percent) of all interior removals were previously convicted of a crime. ICE conducted 174,923 removals of individuals apprehended at or near the border or ports of entry.[3] 58 percent of all ICE removals, or 138,669, were previously convicted of a crime. ICE conducted 60,318 interior criminal removals. ICE removed 78,351 criminals apprehended at or near the border or ports of entry. 99.3 percent of all ICE FY 2016 removals, or 238,466, met one or more of ICE’s stated civil immigration enforcement priorities.[4] Of the 101,586 aliens removed who had no criminal conviction, 95 percent, or 96,572, were apprehended at or near the border or ports of entry.[5] The leading countries of origin for removals were Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador. 2,057 aliens removed by ICE were classified as suspected or confirmed gang members.

www.ice.gov...

Everyone who continually trashes president TRUMP, should at least thank him for trying to keep America safe....just like OBAMA did when he was in office!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'm surprised Cory Booker hasn't bitched about this yet. While he was mayor of Newark he made it a sanctuary city.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I've been living in Newark for 16 years or more. First time "I - CE" something like this, awesome news !

edit on 10-6-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

More campaign promises being followed through on.

edit on 10-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I feel like this is an onion article: government agency actually does it's job- population astounded.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Personally, I think there should be MORE field offices located in medium sized cities and MORE sting operations.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wow, ICE is finally being allowed to do their job. Enforcing our laws, what a novel concept.

Maybe there is hope.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They need to go back and get some more. They still haven't got the hair salon owners I know yet.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Seems like some people missed the last line in the post.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Seems like some people missed the last line in the post.

But that could be interpreted in so many ways. I choose to interpret it as sarcasm.

The data in the graph could also be a little misleading. It does show an increase over the last several years. Was that due to increased enforcement of our laws even before the current administration? Or was it due to very lax enforcement of our laws resulting in more illegal invaders in our population having a criminal record because they were not locked up or released early to begin with? If it is because we are finally starting to enforce our laws, the interior graph should be declining as these criminals are purged from our society.

But at least in words spoken by the current administration is no longer about giving everyone and their dog citizenship, especially for those who broke our laws to come here illegally.

Now we need to do something about the employers that hire them, illegals receiving welfare and the sanctuary cities.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yes, it can be skewed to fit whatever makes you comfortable but the OP is asking why leftists didn't complain when Obama was doing it.

If you actually took the time to check you would see that the numbers for deportations were high for all of Obama's admin.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Don't let the door hit ya .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Yes, it can be skewed to fit whatever makes you comfortable but the OP is asking why leftists didn't complain when Obama was doing it.

If you actually took the time to check you would see that the numbers for deportations were high for all of Obama's admin.

Yes, but was that because of other departments were still trying to enforce our laws in defiance of obama's ideals?

It did not appear that obama was trying very hard:

Published on Nov 20, 2014 President Obama gives a speech on amnesty for illegal immigrants. He outlines his plans to allow 5 million illegal immigrants to stay in the United States legally. He is legalizing people who have had children in this country, people who attend school here and want to stay, people who are working here....

Sorry for making people relive the nightmare.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Yes, but was that because of other departments were still trying to enforce our laws in defiance of obama's ideals?

Do you mean the part around 1:25 when he mentions more agents and tech on the southern border than at any time in US history?

Amnesty has always been the easy way to fix the problem caused by a system that seems to be overly complicated on purpose. Some might say that the system and the push against amnesty is the conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Do you mean the part around 1:25 when he mentions more agents and tech on the southern border than at any time in US history?

Amnesty has always been the easy way to fix the problem caused by a system that seems to be overly complicated on purpose. Some might say that the system and the push against amnesty is the conspiracy.

My extreme dislike of obama probably colors my views a bit. It is probably not the best for an open mind but in my defense, I dislike all of them. I just dislike some more than others.

www.latimes.com...

But the portrait of a steadily increasing number of deportations rests on statistics that conceal almost as much as they disclose. A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data.

Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

On the other side of the ledger, the number of people deported at or near the border has gone up — primarily as a result of changing who gets counted in the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's deportation statistics.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I'm sure the counting method is probably going to stay the same. Trump needs the numbers to look at least as high as Obama's.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Technically speaking if you are in this country illegally then you would be a criminal.. So the numbers are around 11 million I believe.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Perhaps Newark will begin to emerge from its warzone like atmosphere? That would be nice.

It's been far too long that Newark has been "drive through with the doors locked and stop for nothing" territory all to further the political ambitions of some cretins mentioned above.

I'm pulling for the citizens of Newark. Hope your kids can walk the streets without fear again.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

As if gangs are not homegrown.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Newark has both flavors. Domestic and imported.

I don't think removing only one will be a cure all, but surely better than nothing?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join