It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught an F-18E making the "Jedi Transition" at Star Wars Canyon (Updated with Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I blew up the hi res pics to try to get unit markings, but no luck, the times the tail fin is visible its always in shadow. When it shows its underside its completely clean except for the center line tank. So I'm thinking China Lake of Lemoore NAS

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

We had most of them fly over our house in Alabama, they're impressive. Good fun to watch them doing extreme maneuvers in testing too.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nice! Ive never seen a Raptor outside of an airshow. The Edwards air show in 09 was quite impressive as they had far less restrictions on height and speed than say Nellis because lets face it it in the middle of nowhere

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The only thing I miss about Alabama was being in the high speed corridor. We got some cool stuff overhead while we lived there. First and only time I've ever seen Su-27s.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

yeah that would have been cool. Our community is in an uproar and has the affluence to make changes but they changed the SFO traffic patterns a few years back and we get to see tons of long haul aircraft fly over pretty low to get lined up for final. Our neighbor came by to get me to sign a petition against it and Im like "I don't see a problem"

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Ugh. California. They're getting into all kinds of aviation related trouble with trying to force tenants out of airports they don't want, and trying to ban airshows because they're too scary. I'm not surprised your neighbor signed it.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Your new 500 will come in handy next time we're out there.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Yeah...I'm so looking forward to that. I can corrosion check the as they go by.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Your son is a budding Stephen Spielberg Fred!

Tell him I said hi, I'm sure he won't remember me from 5 years ago but tell him anyway. :-)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Now that you mention it i cant think of an airshow anywhere in california these days. Edwards no more. Van nuys no more static airshow. Miramar are they doing airshows anymore?

Its sad it disenfranchises an entire new generation of kids who probably would have their minds blown by the sheer awesomeness of a military air show.

Edwards used to reward the earlybirds that had arrived at 5:30am with the b2 flying over the line of cars for several passes. Shes more manueverable than she looks.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

If I wasn't with the family I would of parked at Opa Locka and waited all day for the planes to come back.

Several years ago I worked about a block away from Opa Locak Airport. And after airshows on monday the planes would fly out. But not before buzzing the tower. Talk about loud. lol

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Sweet looks like miramar is still doing airshows around septemberish. Hope theyre still as awesome as they used to be.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Now that you mention it i cant think of an airshow anywhere in california these days. Edwards no more. Van nuys no more static airshow. Miramar are they doing airshows anymore?

Edwards used to be quite regular but post 911 they have held one which we were lucky enough to attend. Salinas still has a show in our area etc. Alot of the bases where you would get a good crowd are gone here like Moffett etc After BRAC

None can compete with Nellis at least on the West Coast however, Edwards was special and unlike most airshows in the US I have been too

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Edwards was my favorite of them all.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

LOL Thanks I will Mark!! Ah the tales we could tell......

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
I blew up the hi res pics to try to get unit markings, but no luck, the times the tail fin is visible its always in shadow. When it shows its underside its completely clean except for the center line tank. So I'm thinking China Lake of Lemoore NAS

Where you were at i am thinking one of the F-18E/Fs out of NWC China lake Air Test and Evaluation Squadron Nine (VX-9)
The last couple years Lemoore has not been flying out here as much as they use to. and when they do its 2 or 4 plane flights or carrier groups.

Years ago i was driving from where you were and took the road down Panamint valley SR 178 and had a fleet unit from Lemoore do a alpha strike down the valley over me.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

That must of been cool. We may have to get a group out there one of these days. Aside from the planes, The star gazing at night is always impressive and given our conspiratorial nature perhaps we can spot a few NRO satellites of even the X-37 lol

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The next X-37 launch is in August. They're using a Falcon this time.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Oops
edit on 12-6-2017 by Caughtlurking because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join