It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wonder Woman is a crappy "super hero".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hey, I like the old wonderwoman they used to have on TV. She was kind of foxy in that skimpy outfit. Kind of slow moving and dumb, maybe that is why I like it now and did not watch it when it was originally on.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I've noticed DC leans heavy on the PC stuff in their tv shows on WB. Last year most of the series involved 'stronger together', wonder where they got that line, and the president was a woman.

This year they are fighting racism and bigotry against aliens.

edit on 10-6-2017 by GodEmperor because: sp.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Swills

True, but again, like Batman, Ironman had a cool suit.

Isn't Wonder woman from another world or something though?? Like some Amazon fighting women or something???

BTW, Captain America only has a shield.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Kinda foxy??? Linda Carter was the bomb!!! I was almost too young to understand why I liked her so much. I just knew I liked what I was seeing.

I loved the idea of her tying me up in that golden lasso.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
marvel > dc

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: rickymouse

Kinda foxy??? Linda Carter was the bomb!!! I was almost too young to understand why I liked her so much. I just knew I liked what I was seeing.

I loved the idea of her tying me up in that golden lasso.

This new wonder woman just doesn't seem right. Linda Carter was the president on Super Girl the serial they had on TV. I thought that show was going to be decent, it was at first, then it got so there is way too much killing going on and aliens all over the place. It sounds like ATS's worse nightmare could be.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It seems you haters are in the minority...

Rotten Tomatoes 93% Fresh

"Wonder Woman succeeds in a spectacular way."

Rotten Tomatoes

I admit I haven't seen it myself yet, so I can't give it a personal review. The trailers looked pretty awesome, though. As did the ones for Ragnarock and Black Panther.

I'm a sucker for superheroes. Wonder Woman is an iconic character that can push the buttons of those who say "Ick! Feminism!"

But still, WW was born from the imagination of a man. This movie is the interpretation of a woman director and the lead actress, with an eye to make WW as strong, funny (fish out of water) and dramatic as any of her super- bro peers.

I am looking forward to seeing if they meet my expectations for awesomeness or not...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chishuppu
in regards to the Germans I am always amused as to how they always remain bad, while Captain America wakes up from the 40's and finds a black dude(fury) in his room giving orders and doesnt go "whats this ****** doing in my room giving me lip"?

Well, he was still a soldier and thus had a different mindset than you. Black men were not an unaccustomed sight in power in the military. Not to mention the whole point of Cpt America being a pure spirit.

On a side note: Nick Fury was an old white guy. Though one of Cap's sidekicks was black (the Falcon).

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
I've noticed DC leans heavy on the PC stuff in their tv shows on WB. Last year most of the series involved 'stronger together', wonder where they got that line, and the president was a woman.

This year they are fighting racism and bigotry against aliens.

Marvel is getting hit hard in the pocket books for going overboard on the PC thing . . . people have stopped buying the PC bs comics.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

When was it revealed that shes a God, at the end?

Because I wasnt able to make it all the way thru.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Top tip: If you don't want to sound like a sad whiny manbaby with tiny genitals, try not rubbishing Wonder Woman just because it has a female lead and waaaaaah pc-crap.

Just go see it because it's awesome.

And really, one female superhero lead amongst dozens and dozens of male-lead movies? And you feel threatened? Really?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

a reply to: spacedoubt

When was it revealed that shes a God, at the end?

Because I wasnt able to make it all the way thru.

At some point it is revealed that she is the daughter of Zeus and the Amazon Queen. I thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't notice the PC angle some keep referring to.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just watched the movie. I liked it. Gal is one hot woman. Did Linda Carter have a cameo? If she did, I missed it. If she didn't...why didn't she?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
lol, leave it to liberals to make this movie about THEIR agenda. It's not like they all flocked to the movie because they're DC Comics or Justice League "fans."

edit on 22-6-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

the daughter of zeuss - you say ????

see - PROOF that they are attacking christianity

do i really have to type ^ sarcasm ?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wonder Woman is a crappy "super hero".

Shes a God killer.

Want to see crappy see the 70s tv show.

The reboot worked well.

ETA: and shes back,Batman's back, and the dude that played on Stargate is Aqua man.

Now if any character needed an extreme makeover it was him.

Justice League.
edit on 3-7-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

At-least with regards to this latest movie version.

Shes essentially a large broad with quick reflexes and a shield and bracelets which can be used to ricochet bullets.

Still not sure how she was able to deflect the RPG without it first exploding on impact with her shield but whatever.

If she gets hit with a bullet, shes dead.

Batman is a regular dude too but at-least hes got cool contraptions and runs around at night scaring the crap out of people.

And what does this say about the Germans with regards to these super hero movies?

Because they always seem to be fighting the Germans.

That the Germans were so incredibly BAD A$$, that without the help of a super hero, they would have clobbered everyone?

Each to their own. Personally, Wonder Woman makes me want to be a super villain - anything to get her to take me down with those thighs of power!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Marvel Girl > Wonder Woman

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join