It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from a left leaning UK voter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I like lots of things. Sailing a 35 year old Mark II GRP Wayfarer and making things out of wood are my favourite activities. Political discussion is a close third place.

I am left leaning. I have never joined a political party. I have always voted left. I despise the Conservative party. I want Jeremy Corbyn to form a coalition government with the Liberal Democrats and the SNP.

That is my short story. I won't discuss my political sentiments here. This is my hello.

I hope to enjoy contributing to ATS.

Kind regards.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EnlightenedSheep

He said wood.

Never mind me, hello to you too!
edit on 10-6-2017 by solve because: because i cant spell

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Wood is good. Hardwood is best

Pine type softwood is my least favourite to work with.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnlightenedSheep
a reply to: solve

Wood is good. Hardwood is best

Pine type softwood is my least favourite to work with.

Ummm...only if you forgo the stain and clear finish or oil...only...

Why put a mahogany stain on mahogany or stain teak...let the grain speak for itself.

YouSir

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

A gentleman who knows his wood

I'm a Linseed oil or wax fellow myself. Depending on my wood of course.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well, hello there! Welcome to ATS! You'll find lots of Lefties here to support your cause.

I don't have much in the way of hobbies at the moment because all my efforts are directed to diet and exercize. As you might expect from someone from Texas, my only currently active hobby is Shooting Sports, Clay competitions, etc.

I don't have any political affiliations, but I've tended to rather centrist "solutions", but the US Political system is no longer "solution" oriented, its all about identity politics and hating the "other" sides. Its fun to watch when it gets violent and nasty, but mostly its just panty waist demonstrations with hecklers shouting slogans and filthy language.

Although I don't follow politics closely, I am becoming ever more attracted to the Anarchist movement in the US, and am currently researching that philosophy. I'm also researching current efforts to resurrect the French Vichy government of South France as a break-away state from the EU attendant with the return of Vichy French authority and control over North Africa and North-East Africa.

Have a good time enjoying ATS; its a lot of fun if you stay away from the boring, repetitive US political crap.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

As an American, I hope the left advances. I think it's time that government actually do something for the people, rather than doing everything for certain other well connected people, the oligarchy.

And Teresa May impressed me in all the wrong ways.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Diet and exercise sounds awful! Shooting sports sounds good. I've been thinking of joining my local club for years. Only rifles and shotguns. Procrastination is my middle name though. Enlightened Procrastination Sheep.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
And Teresa May impressed me in all the wrong ways.

All the wrong ways? Are we talking sexual attraction here?!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Welcome .....

I hope you have a tough skin.

Leftists, and I include myself in that 'tribe', take a lot of abuse in this forum.

Welcome

A quote for you....

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Thank you for the welcome. I have a toughish skin but always stand by my words.
I had to google the quote. Didn't know MLK said it. Better words than any of mine.

top topics

join