It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Paranormal a rarity in our lives and so many different aspects ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just wondering apart from proper people with a gift of seeing people not on this Earth then why is the Paranormal such a rarity in our everyday life as the millions of reports and sighting's but you can't guarantee seeing on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis as the last thing I saw was 25 years ago ?.
Another thing is what is it about different sightings and experiences and aspects like the following I have listed -
Full Body Manifestations ( be it a Ghost that doesn't interact with the witness and could be a recording of such or the one that does interact with the witness ).
Ectoplasm and Ghosty Mists.
Out of Body Experiences and Manifestations.
Poltergeists and Psychic Activity.
Mediums or Gifted People ( who can speak or see the dead ).
Time Slips ( where people have found themselves in another period and from the reports could be a witness seeing people from the past who don't interact with the witness and again could be some sort of recording too stories that the witness has interacted with the people from the past ).

So many things yet are they connected and why don't mediums ask the so called Spirits why there are so many types of Supernatural Phenomena yet in the scientific world there is no proof.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

Just wondering apart from proper people with a gift of seeing people not on this Earth then why is the Paranormal such a rarity in our everyday life as the millions of reports and sighting's but you can't guarantee seeing on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis as the last thing I saw was 25 years ago ?.

I honestly think just the ever increasing daily distractions make us not notice things that we would have years ago. Cell phones, computers, TV, blaring billboards, advertisements everywhere you look, flashing and shouting for attention........Then you see something out of the corner of your eye and just dismiss it as nothing, because everything is trying to get your attention. That odd noise? Meh, the cell phone gave it's distress call to be charged. Or maybe the computer chirped, because you got one more useless email, trying to sell you something you don't need or want.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Mostly because of our self/societal/brainwashing, we as a human race have trained ourselves not to 'see' that which is not understood. This is why so many sightings are made by children as well, and then they stop as they get older because they are constantly told it is only their imaginations or that they are crazy. Also many adults whom are still open to this are called crazy and medicated. The reason all of our mythologies (religions) are so old is because people have simply stopped believing and thus seeing.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So many things yet are they connected and why don't mediums ask the so called Spirits why there are so many types of Supernatural Phenomena yet in the scientific world there is no proof.

experts are hard at work developing a reliable means of measuring and documenting paranormal phenomena. i look forward to experience such phenomena myself, especially if i can record it. the most disappointing part of such exploration is how hard it is to capture and share with the world. much like dreaming of an awesome otherworldly pie unlike anything you have ever tasted and forgetting it as soon as you wake up. sad panda.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
To be objective, because there are many people like me, the majority, who think it's imagination or make believe. Some things are better explained by science, and prior to science believed to be paranormal or .... in the old days.. magic.

An industry utilizing superstition and lore has been with since the earliest recorded times. And perhaps places like the cave in France recently discovered in the 1940's documents the prehistory times. Shamans, healers, doctors have dabbled in the paranormal/sciences for eons. Some with catastrophic consequence.

Your thread has merit, and is not to be ignored. It is a universal question since the dawn of man.

Stars.
www.youtube.com... These paintings probably held mystical connotations..
edit on 10-6-2017 by Plotus because: additional link

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Every Italian chef will tell you that for a good pizza experience you'll need just the right amount of basil. Not more, nor less. It's the same with life, I say.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Alot of it might have to do with consciousness and it can have profound effect on reality..thing is it goes off like a nuke, it will blow up in one face but will disappear as without a trace just as fast as it came.

Usually these thing happen out of curiosity or matter of faith to perception that had to with the expansion of the mind I guess. From what I've read an even my own take these things ether take on forms of that would be extremely absurd to something that would only be recognizable to the experiencee that may have a some symbolic or psychological interpretation through space an time.

For all we know, we might be the supernatural in some crazy realm that hold existence together ,all the while what we call paranormal might be a universal norm an plain.
edit on 10-6-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If the paranormal was normal, they would shift the dividing line.

You take radio waves for granted. At one time they were paranormal. Its like discovering that ghosts are just some new species of animal, science categorizes it, and ita no longer paranormal.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Funny thing since writing this is I was coming out of the supermarket and in corner of my right eye I thought there was a big bloke in blue top running behind so turned to my left and there was no one there so I thought he went into the small supermarket and no one in blue there ?, coincidence since I posted this topic.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
If the paranormal was normal, they would shift the dividing line.

I got this mental image of a paranormal dimension where the paranormal is the normal and every once in awhile our normal dimension overlaps into it.

Imagine a skinwalker going about it business only to have an encounter with a tax accountant from our normalish dimension.

The tax accountant would be that dimensions equivalent of a paranormal encounter.

edit on 10-6-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

They are equal to the ones we hear about everyday, and ones we dont. And we dont for a variety of reasons.
Same as "good-news" stories that are happening each day that just dont get coverage.

Like murders...bad ones...even mass killings. We just dont hear about them all. How many papers can one read, sites to views, countries etc...can you learn about in 24 hrs.

Sooooooo much doesnt get reported. To strike a similar balance? "Para-normal" is above normal, and "Normal" is everyday occurences.

In general, Id say they are equal

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Presumption: paranormal stuff is real, ghosts are real, we have a immortal "soul" that comes into this body to experience.

Based on that, it would make sense that there is a bit of a "ban" on contacting this plane of existance for any solid evidence in order to keep the ones living here to continue living here.
If you knew..absolutely knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that this is just an illusion and you can just kill self and go "home", think of the suicide rate. Think of how people would treat things like murder and the like. It would become a disaster...It would be like the biggest trolling video game out there.

So, some hints as to not lose hope, some people who know mixed into most who don't simply to keep guessing, but overall no, it would make sense to have sort of unspoken rules on too much evidence.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I've had several paranormal experiences; but its not a consistent thing.

I'd guess we don't see many of them individually because we're surrounded by too much noise (static) and distractions.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

Have you seen any life sized Rabbits wearing top hats and carrying a cane?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's funny you should mention this. I have had several odd occurrences in my life. The last of which was probably 12-13 years ago. There has been a lot of chatter over the last 15, maybe 20 years of a seemingly decreasing rate of the "odd." Paranormal decline?

Like a lot of people, I think it's due to several issues. Most of it is that people's personal bubbles have expanded and they're not very observant. If you don't believe me, just watch people.... They're oblivious to about 90% of the obvious going on around them... Now, how much of the not so obvious are they oblivious to?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk
Another thing is what is it about different sightings and experiences and aspects like the following I have listed -
Full Body Manifestations ( be it a Ghost that doesn't interact with the witness and could be a recording of such or the one that does interact with the witness ).
Ectoplasm and Ghosty Mists.
Out of Body Experiences and Manifestations.
Poltergeists and Psychic Activity.
Mediums or Gifted People ( who can speak or see the dead ).
Time Slips ( where people have found themselves in another period and from the reports could be a witness seeing people from the past who don't interact with the witness and again could be some sort of recording too stories that the witness has interacted with the people from the past ).

Because the spiritual world is invisible and can not been seen by the human eye UNLESS it (The spirit) wants to REVEAL itself to you. Mankind can NOT make the spiritual world or anything in it reveal itself and I recommend not to provoke the spiritual world.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thats why i think those ghost hunting shows are bollocks as you can not go looking for ghosts as i happens when one is not expecting it but I find some stories when property's are been renovated then seeing or experiencing such things happen like my neighbour who saw a man from the 1930's yet he saw her too but that ain't a ghost thats some sort of time slip thing for maybe my neighbour and the man from 1930.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Some fantastic comments here, I agree with pretty much everything in them. People as a whole are not observant at all. As one of you said. I see people barely able to cross roads safely, so wrapped up in their headphones and phones, plus a lot of people seem to be getting more superficial - it is all about impressing others and attention seeking, what room is there for quiet contemplation and noticing that unusual shimmering from the corner of your eye, or that sense of unease in the middle of a wood?
By the way, I have always believed in the supernatural etc, have had a few minor experiences, but one thing ATS has done is make me very wary of involving myself, on account of the potential dangers...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Be interesting to own a old house and have no electricity, gas, wifi , TV what have you and see if not having unnatural energies makes it any different.

top topics

join