It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Evil???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
it depends on how you define intelligent. personally, i think dolphins, cats, ravens, and chimpanzees at the very least should go above humans on the intelligence scoreboard.

in·tel·li·gence
inˈteləjəns/Submit
noun
the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

On that list,
A dolphin I can see someone making an argument of seperate but equal.
Chimps eat their own poo..otherwise their greatest achievement is stick and rock.
Ravens are birds that have a small degree of puzzle solving (like most animals)
Cats are evil, not smart. If Cats were smart, they would figure out how to work together and knock over garbage bins, or to stay out of roads when they know full well cars come down it.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I was really referring to a very specific but widely held belief , that both god controls the world and its destiny, but then also torments those considered "sinners" when it was all part of his plan in the first place..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That's number 2 actually. He just knows the future he doesn't actually decide it.

Which is fair.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

. . . but who elected him? no one. he elected himself. thats not due process. thats not democracy

Yeah, I think I understand now.

Have a good night, Chasm

Take care of yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Well Odin is not a Christian god obviously

We can call Him Father, that is what He requested in the Lords Prayer

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
How about this god entity just created the whole universe with all kind of life..
This god or gods had the ability to create universes, but the things within in will act on its own.
Free will I believe it is called.

So in that way.. we choose our self if we want evil or kindness

I would like to think that way. It would make a lot of sense if God just leave us alone to our freewill to choose our own path.

The very very big problem is this god entity has PLAN FOR EVERYTHING. Our fate is sealed the moment we exist.

He shouldn't has done so. It makes no sense. It's a very big mistake on God's part.

Or rather, it's a very big mistake on those who wrote, revised and compiled religious scriptures for the will of ancient emperor or the caliph.
edit on 10-6-2017 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

. . . but who elected him? no one. he elected himself. thats not due process. thats not democracy

Yeah, I think I understand now.

Have a good night, Chasm

Take care of yourself.

I don't think you do understand. I'm not kidding. Sovereign authority was a great tradition when people weren't educated enough to choose their own leaders but now we have the sophistication to seriously consider who is actually qualified to be our higher power. I feel like maybe an election is due. Divine campaign and all. Let all the people of earth have a say in who holds the reigns on the fabric of our reality.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: JoshuaCox

NUmber 3. God Knows the future is never set in stone due to giving humans free will. The future changes constantly on a individual level.

He knows what changes the future as much as he knows everything on individual level. The future is never set in stone because he keep testing his resolution. In the end, it will always lead back to what he plan it be. Because he has plan it already.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
"God' is just an idea - not a reality. It is an idea that is beyond our comprehension.

'God' can be neither good nor bad. But our concept of 'god' or 'gods' can be good or evil or a combination of both - such as when we collectively athropomorphize this idea.

Humans have a need to explain/justify 'things' and belief in a higher power gives us an easy answer to the endless questions of life.

We, humans throughout time, make our gods in our own imagine, and attribute to that god human characteristics or 'superpowers' that we 'dream' of having seeking to 'control' our lives and experiences in a fundamentally unstable world.

If we think 'god' is evil - then we will see evil in our experience - if we think our higher power is good - we will see good.

So rather then debate the external, work on your own concept and relationship with a 'diety' and your self.

The authors who pen religious scriptures believe the opposite. They believe God make humans in his own image. Not we make God in our own image. Although it does appear that God is the image of those who wrote, revised and compiled religious texts.

So, should we abandon this image of God created by ancient people who dream of ancient pagan gods like Zeus?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: TzarChasm
it depends on how you define intelligent. personally, i think dolphins, cats, ravens, and chimpanzees at the very least should go above humans on the intelligence scoreboard.

in·tel·li·gence
inˈteləjəns/Submit
noun
the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

On that list,
A dolphin I can see someone making an argument of seperate but equal.
Chimps eat their own poo..otherwise their greatest achievement is stick and rock.
Ravens are birds that have a small degree of puzzle solving (like most animals)
Cats are evil, not smart. If Cats were smart, they would figure out how to work together and knock over garbage bins, or to stay out of roads when they know full well cars come down it.

Well, one thing that all of those creatures have above humans is a lack of ego. Case in point.
edit on 10-6-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Its actually suppossed to be thou shalt not MURDER. We have to kill to eat animals. If we went by shall not kill then we would had died out a long time ago.

But the original meaning was speaking about murder.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: kurthall

The New Testament is less brutal for sure.. but the OT is so flipping grotesque that is not very high praise..

Hypothetically not much violence in the Jesus quotes, but the desiples were happy to add plenty..

Your teacher couldn't answer, because to doesn't make sense..

According to the Bible and 99% of Christianity , all those people burn.. no matter if they devoted there entire life to serving others.. god ONLY cares if you believe in his son.. which is disgusting as well as nuts.

Sounds fairly evil to me..

Actually those people do get a chance to Know God and Jesus in the after life. The teacher didnt answer because they were not educated enough to answer it properly. Hell dont open for business until the final days for general admission.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I don't think you do understand. I'm not kidding. Sovereign authority was a great tradition when people weren't educated enough to choose their own leaders but now we have the sophistication to seriously consider who is actually qualified to be our higher power. I feel like maybe an election is due. Divine campaign and all. Let all the people of earth have a say in who holds the reigns on the fabric of our reality.

I understand that you're not here to explore the topic in a genuinely honest and respectful manner. That's really all I need to know.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22339381]yuppaThe teacher didnt answer because they were not educated enough to answer it properly.

So who's failure was it? Jesus's while he walked the earth or man's because the teacher failed to properly teach...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

a reply to: JoshuaCox

NUmber 3. God Knows the future is never set in stone due to giving humans free will. The future changes constantly on a individual level.

He knows what changes the future as much as he knows everything on individual level. The future is never set in stone because he keep testing his resolution. In the end, it will always lead back to what he plan it be. Because he has plan it already.

Then the futures already set according to you. because Its been planned out. Look at it this way. Small things,are unplanned and are free will. big things are prolly planned. like set peices.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: [post=22339381]yuppaThe teacher didnt answer because they were not educated enough to answer it properly.

So who's failure was it? Jesus's while he walked the earth or man's because the teacher failed to properly teach...

Read the bible carefully and also get biblical scholars studies on it too. It was a failure of a MAN who didnt study.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Read the bible carefully and also get biblical scholars studies on it too. It was a failure of a MAN who didnt study.

And the men who tried to study, want wanted a teaching from God himself, but yet was told to trust pastors (who are just as infallable as ordinary men) for their interpretation...

Don't you see why people have a problem with God and the bible?
edit on 6/11/2017 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

No it was a failure of a man who went to pastors instead of using discernment and then chose to believe whoever he chose to believe

There are very few pastors I believe, a person believes who tickles their ears, who tells them what they want to hear

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

And the men who tried to study, want wanted a teaching from God himself, but yet was told to trust pastors (who are just as infallable as ordinary men) for their interpretation...

Don't you see why people have a problem with God and the bible?

It's been a huge problem since man begin to record religion and try to spread it globally. God want us to trust his words, but the things we have now are nothing more than written records by those who never even speak to God. Even worst, He contructed his words so vaguely that every main religions in this world branches off due to differences in intrepretation and understanding of what God is. It make no sense at all.

It seem to me, God doesnt want to preserve his teaching. Probably God finally understand all those wraith and punishments to humankind would not bring human to heaven as much as he has hope. Furthermore, Secularism has strip all religions from the power and authority it once had. Therefore no longer useful to mass control population.

Or probably God finally leave us alone to our own freewill to choose whatever we want. A choice to construct our own image and believe system. And it doesnt matter anymore. Because We are all equal and He love us all no matter what.
edit on 11-6-2017 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Planning without effecting the out come is not what anyone means by god has a plan..

They mean he has already decided your fate and the fate of the world. There are 1000 flavors of Christianity, so if that is not your interpretation then this wouldn't apply.. at least not for the reason I put in my OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join