It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Evil???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: faithnthought

So sentencing anyone who doesn't hear about you or didn't buy it when they did to hell , is not forcing you to do it???

If I put a gun to your head and tell you to bend over, are you choosing to bend over, or at i forcing you too????

That isn't even mentioning all the people who were awesome human beings that never even heard of humanity..

While every child molestor who repents in prison goes to heaven..

If that isn't evil, I don't know what is...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: faithnthought
God only WANTS us to be in his life.. He will not force us to want to be in his life, He does not make our own personal decisions for us. He allows us to damage our bodies, pollute His Earth and corrupt the people around us but he also allows us to take care of our health, environment and love each other. He made our main resource of life (oxygen, breath) come from what we should all think to be a priority but sadly is not.. the trees. So that we always know naturally what's most important: Mother Nature and God. The 2 most important things ironically seem to be the least. We are so lost as people, we can't seem to find what's most important and it's blatently obvious. JoshuaCox

God loves us so much that he hides every single shred of evidence he exists, then tortures you for all eternity if you don't believe in something HE HAS SPECIFICALLY HIDDEN ALL EVIDENCE FOR!!!! "

God is love... my foot.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Paul is obviously a biased source specifically profiting off the Jesus narrative..

That doesn't mean he is lying for sire, but is like your mother testifying in court you are innocent..

It's your mother so of course she would say that.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: JoshuaCox

unbelievers are just appointed to hell because of their unbelief in the work of Jesus Christ on the cross and for nothing else

The unbeliever including the Jews? Be careful not to offend God's Israelites. You dont want to end up like the Amalekites, do you? God wraith is boundless, he could order his chosen to murder your infants and women.

Furthermore, You shall never condemn others to hell. You have no right to judge man. It's God decision. Not yours. You shall love your neighbors and forgive them. Know that, Satan feed on anger and retribution. Patience and Forgiveness is the path to rightenous.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You can't have half the population being predestined and the rest having free will..

Those with free will could derail your predestined people..

Making it impossible to have the first group be predestined.. without the secind group being predestined as well..

A nonbeliever could talk someone predestined out of their faith, or kill them before finding god..and if god is stopping those things from happening. Then obviously no one has free will.

Predestination and free will are polar opposites, you can't have one with the other.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
But some Native American medicine man who has never even heard of Jesus, Is sentenced to a first pit of damnation..

And if his victim is an unbeliever??? It's the rape victim who burns....

Who the hell ever decided that was a good idea??

Bingo. Now you get that right. Not to forget, God sent Jesus to fulfill the Jews prophecy of coming messiah. Jesus was "predestined" to save the Jews. He did not come for the gentiles. So technically the christians gentiles had no place in the past. They were shun by the Jews and condemn by the Romans as abominations. Technically the christians were alone in their own. But they didn't aware of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Unless it's all made up, then we all are. Lol

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

'Heaven on Earth' ..nope Hell is actually on Earth.

Exactly. God told Adam about the suffering he was about to endure in Earth. So technically, earth is indeed "hell". We are being punished for the sin of Adam. That is why we suffer a lot. Global wars, genocide, death plagues, social unrest, etc... Below us, thousands feet deep, solid iron core and liquid molten fire of unimaginable heat. Enough to cause tetonic plate movement. But God doesnt want to burn us, despite what the christian believe. We are protected by earth crust. This is the proof that God love us all, regardless what the Bible says about the Israelites God. He punished the sin of Adam unto us but He could not burn us in "Hell".

God gave us 120 years to figure out '(for OURSELVES) whether we wanted to pursue Him in Heaven or whether we prefer and desire the earthly things more.

God has signed the contract with Adam when He casted Adam to Earth. Earth is now the home of the sons of Adam, even it is "hell". Some may choose to go back to Eden where Adam was created. Some may choose to stay. You cant blame those who wanted to stay. It was God who turn his back on Adam first. He knew the serpent was around but left the young Adam alone. And it is the sons of Adam now who have to pay the guilt of the parent. And for how long was it? A very very long time. Sons of Adam has forgotten everything about God. But God having casts Adam away, now going back to them, to tell them about salvation and his existence? You're damn right He was regretful then. He is regretful now he has to pay with his own blood.

Having the unrighteous go to 'hell' is merely leaving him in the devil's hands where he desired to be because it was written on on his heart.

No. "the unrighteous" is simply desire to be in his home, the earth, as signed between Adam and God. A choice that is neither right or wrong. If God loves his sons, then he should honor his contract. God cant break his own promise and contract.

Peace.
edit on 21-6-2017 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The Bible, the Torah and the Koran are all made up by man. But not everything. there are some truth. It's just not the way the Jews, the christians and every Abrahamic religions has taught. Things were just different.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Ahh but who decides what few parts are true and once you acknowledge it is at least partially fake, then why would the most outlandish claims be the part that is legit???

If we assume the Bible was written by men then wouldn't the supernatural parts be the first to be dismissed??

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If not , then doesn't it seem like only discounting the parts that science disproves is a cop out???

Because presently that has been the script for the religious communities..

Believe in the Bible and tell everyone any science that disagrees with it is either wrong or part of some vast conspiracy to discredit Jesus .

Until science provides overwhelming evidence. Then they pretend like "the Bible meant that the whole time, it was me who was wrong.." or that must be a part that was edited..

It is a moving goalpost that can cop out any evidence against.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

OMG check this out...

"And at the end of this age, God will ordain a “strong delusion” as part of the punishment for those who “refused to love the truth.” “The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousnes"

So god will help make sure people turn against him so he can then torture them...

That is by definition god setting people up for torture...aka evil.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

unbelievers are not predestined. It is their choice or lack of a choice to believe in Christ that puts them where they will not want to be.

Again only believers are predestined to holiness in love through Christ.

They are not even have the population.

you're confusing predestination with foreknowledge or the lack thereof.

no the only polar opposites are belief and non-belief. One leads you to predestination to be holy in Christ and the other leads to eternal death. but the choice of freewill is yours as long as you are alive in this body.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I have Jesus as my advocate between be and God.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Ahh but who decides what few parts are true

Eusebius. The so called father of church. He compiled the Bible taken from Origon's library. Origon travelled a lot during his lifetime. Origon recorded and collected the Biblical stories as he travelled, based on verbal transmission by local folks. I'm not sure if Origon had collected every pieces of the Biblical stories. My guts tell me he missed some. Then request by Emperor Constantine, Eusebius begin his revision and compilation of the Bible. Eusebius's based compilation is what we now know as the New Testament. The problem is, I suspect Eusebius wasn't honest with his work.

"That it will be necessary sometimes to use falsehood as a remedy for the benefit of those who require such a mode of treatment." - Eusebius, Praeparatio Evangelica, Book XII, chapter titles, chapters 1-5, 30-32

But his intellectual qualifications for his task were in many respects defective. His credulity indeed has frequently been much exaggerated. “Undoubtedly he relates many incidents which may seemto us incredible, but, when he does so, he gives the evidence on which they are recommended to him. At one time it is the express testimony of some well-known writer, at another a general belief, at another an old tradition, at another his own observation.

A far more serious drawback to his value as a historian is the loose and uncritical spirit in which he sometimes deals with his materials. This shews itself in diverse ways. (a) He is not always to be trusted in his discrimination of genuine and spurious documents. ...

J.B. Lightfoot, Eusebius of Caesarea, (article. pp.308-348), Dictionary of Christian Biography: Literature, Sects and Doctrines, ed. by William Smith and Henry Wace, Volume II (EABA-HERMOCRATES). This excerpt pp.324-5.

Pamphilus and Eusebius occupied themselves with the textual criticism of the Septuagint text of the Old Testament and especially of the New Testament. An edition of the Septuagint seems to have been already prepared by Origen, which, according to Jerome, was revised and circulated by Eusebius and Pamphilus

en.wikipedia.org...

Every ancient holy books is marked by human greed, dishonesty and treachery, purely for polical agenda and wealth, instead of truth. It makes me wonder if Satan did involved somehow, sometime and some place. The evidence of corruption is so obvious, it's almost impossible to discredit Satan. Only Satan would likely interested in the monk works of "truth". The deceiver works on truth to deceive.

and once you acknowledge it is at least partially fake, then why would the most outlandish claims be the part that is legit???

To impress the emperor so the new religion, Christian, could be accepted as official religion of the Roman Empire. The problem is Emperor Constantine was a pagan who worship Zeus. And Zeus was so popular that it's concept of godhood is believed to be originated from India. Therefore, Eusebius need to revise the Bible to fit Emperor Constantine's vision of God and most importantly as mass control for the emperor.

As you notice by now, the Old Testament's God mirror Zeus in it's evilness, contradicting the New Testament's God. While the New Testament's God teaches forgiving in accordance to the Ten Commandment, The Old Testament's God teaches, retributrion, genocide, enslavement and every outlandish an evil Satan could be. The contradiction of Biblical God's image is obvious. The brutality and the savageness of Zeus-like God is due to the absence of the Ten Commandment. It was not until Mosses received the stone tablet of Ten Commandments, then the ancient people started to realize in the New Testament's God, mirrored by Jesus. From then on... things become more and more complicated. We now have 2 Gods, the Old Testatement's and The New Testament's battling for supremacy. One is evil, arrogant, manipulating and savage. The other is humble, forgiving, mercy and tolerant. Whether this 2 Gods of evil and rightenous exist, I don't know. They could be just spirit or energy or anything except physical. They could be nothing but everywhere as an idea and faith. But I know, if they exist, they are unnatural... just like Satan. Satan is equally powerful. But tricky as hell. Just like Eusebius.

Where there is light, there is darkmess.

If we assume the Bible was written by men then wouldn't the supernatural parts be the first to be dismissed??

Science cant answer supernatural. We are left with little tool but logical and critical thinking, while at the same time, try not to be bias. It's not easy.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I have Jesus as my advocate between be and God.

I have Genesis 3 as my advocate between me and God.

14The LORD God said to the serpent,
“Because you have done this,
Cursed are you more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you will go,
And dust you will eat
All the days of your life;

15And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;
He shall bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel.”

16To the woman He said,
“I will greatly multiply
Your pain in childbirth,
In pain you will bring forth children;
Yet your desire will be for your husband,
And he will rule over you.”

17Then to Adam He said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat from it’;
Cursed is the ground because of you;
In toil you will eat of it
All the days of your life.

18“Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you;
And you will eat the plants of the field;

19By the sweat of your face
You will eat bread,
Till you return to the ground,
Because from it you were taken;
For you are dust,
And to dust you shall return.”

What is done is done. It cannot be undone. No matter how you like to believe it.

I belong to the dust as God has said. And so be it. Better make the earth a paradise of our own then, for the benefit of our future generation. Eternal death is what I seek. At least, I can rest in peace forever, instead of having to suffer the living, even under God.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You're failing and refusing to look at it in any other way that's not hateful and judgmental. If you take all the 'evil' out of something and focus on that instead of the bigger, greater outcome, of course you'll be turned off from it. Take the positive with the negative they are both blessings, may be difficult to see it that way, we've been conditioned (whether you like to believe it or not) for generations to think and desire certain things. a reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Sounds like a cope out to me and you can't think of a way that make it seems moral....

The Bible specificly says (in the end times) god "deceives" those in the fence so they go to the dark side and his army can slaughter them.. before torturing them for all eternity..

Which is way worse if you believe this is gods plan.. because then the unbelievers didn't have a choice to believe.. god decided they would be nonbelievers, then tortured them for eternity anyway..

That doesn't sound like the definition of evil to you?
edit on 22-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Only religious people would want you to believe that. The truth is subjective and can be intrepreted in many ways to suit anyone with agenda. You can intrepret such statement to reflect back at the christians themselves and it is also the truth, Blind faith is physiological a strong delusion in itself. Faith can be deceitful if one allow himself. And corrupted Monks can be as deceitful as the serpent.

The serpent doesnt lies about the forbidden fruit. ( So do the corrupted religious monks ). It does contain truth about the knowledge of good and evil. The serpent's purpose is however, misguided. But who will eat the forbidden fruit? The one who doesnt believe in unfounded claim by the serpent, or the one blind faith who gullible trust everything as "truth"?

God isnt boring enough to play evil cop. There is more to the universe than earthly affair.The religious people however, are free to tell bed time stories of God playing Evil Cop. It's more effective to persuade/threaten the lawless unrightneous by lies rather than by truth.

Godspeed.

edit on 22-6-2017 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

It is the same person, her seed is Jesus Christ.

If you trust any other you will never make it into the third Heaven.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join