It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!...I had no idea!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Some call it the "Greatest Show on Earth", some call it the "Most Dangerous Race on Earth". I'm not sure I know what to call it, exactly. "Crazy" maybe? "Totally Off the Rails BONZO!"...I don't know. For decades I'd heard about this event, the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy or 'TT' and I'd casually looked into it a few times, but I had no idea.

Wow, I guess I must have always been watching some old stuff, or a different kind of a race there. I had no idea these guys were this crazy! It's friggin' insane!

Balls to the wall, wide F#in open! Why even have brakes...at all?

Spectacular Footage

Greatest Show on Earth

Danger Defined

I had NO idea!!

Unbelievable!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
These guys are going so fast not even the helicopters can keep up with them!

People talk about "split second reaction"...in this event seconds are split up into hundreds of slices when it comes to reaction time. Just unreal.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

These guys are utterly crazy.

edit on 10/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The riders must need a wheelbarrow to carry their 'cajones' around in!!

As a rider (dirt mostly) and former racer, I can say with complete certainty that this race would take nerves of titanium and courage almost beyond measure.

edit on 6/10/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: UKTruth

The riders must need a wheelbarrow to carry their 'cajones' around in!!

As a rider (dirt mostly) and former racer, I can say with complete certainty that this race would take nerves of titanium and courage almost beyond measure.

This is what can happen... the rider did not survive. (viewer discretion)

edit on 10/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Had a buddy that would go that fast on his bike and he said the Craziest part is that you have to change lanes CRAZY early lol..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Some people are just nuts.... in my opinion.

Some young man climbed El Capitan with no ropes , nor any safety gear.... first one to ever do it. It was difficult for me to watch the footage. It is 3,000 ft high.
Nuts.
USA Today

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Wow this some pretty insane racing. Can't say as I have ever paid much attention too it. What kind of prize money waits for them at the finish line? I know it has to be more about the ride and challenge etc., but still curious what the average payoff might be.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
They have talkyd about banning this event for years now.. and every year there are fatalities.. its nuts.
I think the average speed of the riders is around 130mph.. and that's just an average not top speeds!!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Many sports now have been pushed to the absolute limits of human physiology.

I can remember when I played football in college back in the 80's. Back then the fastest running backs were running 4.4 second 40 yard dashes. Now linemen will get cut from the team altogether if they can't run a 4.4.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Everybody always wants to ban something.

I wish people would just live and let live.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

The monetary prize is actually very meager.

It's all about the bragging rights, the thrill and the pure challenge.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Deaths every year. A group of friends go, take their bikes and tootle round then drink a thousand pints and have fun.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Holy cow that rider hit the building !!!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Holy cow that rider hit the building !!!

Yeah and the wall was the last thing he ever saw - crazy people.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The guy who slid off the road and got flung over the wall then down the hillside (in several of the videos) actually survived. He must have sailed 75 feet through the air, cartwheeling the whole way.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The guy who slid off the road and got flung over the wall then down the hillside (in several of the videos) actually survived. He must have sailed 75 feet through the air, cartwheeling the whole way.

I saw that too....I thought he probably survived , jut really badly broken ! ..good to know he survived . You have more of a chance flying a ways ...then slamming to a dead srop in a wall.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

CRAZY.............gotta love it !!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Haha, yep, craaa-zee! A hold over from the mad days before time when bike races enthralled the populace. Remembering the days of Kenny Roberts, 200(+) mph on the straightaway at Laguna Seca.

Hey, where'd they go? Oh, its Murica... (looking for original footage, can't find it)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That looks like so much fun.
Back in the late 80s, I had a Kawasaki Ninja 750 and that thing would fly. There was a sort of back road between Shawneetown Il and Carmi, where I worked in the mines. It's paved and for the most part, straight and level, but with some beautiful long curves. I would drive that bike to the limit around those, knees and elbows just this close to the ground. Flat out on those straight stretches, I pegged the speedometer. On hot Summer days, heat waves shimmering off the road, the tires would be hot and sticky, so well over 100 mph around the curves was not unusual.
.....................................Then, I got married, had my first son and the days off hanging it out over the edge were over.

Damn.....Sometimes I really miss those days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join