It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Hot Air Balloons go Rogue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hot air ballooning is a serene and peaceful experience until the balloon you are riding gets spooked and turns into an aggressive bucking bronco intent only on unseating it's rider and causing chaos , one such occurrence of a hot air balloon going rogue happened in Chatsworth, Illinois just a couple of days ago.

Ride em cowboy !

Happily the pilot of this rogue balloon escaped with only minor injuries and a souvenir video of his experience.

edit on 10-6-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yeah. Remind me never to ride with those guys.
Hanging on upside down outside of the f#cken basket, what a legend.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I've always wondered what kind of courses you need to take to fly one of those.
It looks pretty clear to me that neither one had been properly filled with heat to take off correctly, especially in a light breeze.
I don't know what options they have, but I'd think they would have a rip cord to open the drain flap up top in the event of a bounce like that- this guy instead hit the gas to try and add enough heat to complete the take off.

Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I see potential! Drag racing hot air balloons!!

...and a gold star for spelling 'rogue' instead of 'rouge.'

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Now that's a dangerous sport I could get on board with (not literally though)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Now that's a dangerous sport I could get on board with (not literally though)

It needs thinking through. Picture the epic spectacle of hot balloons rocketing along the ground with crazy wranglers strapped in to the baskets!

Colour, danger, size. Magic

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

this is why I fall back to the early critics of the Wright Bros, " if man was meant to fly - God would have given him wings"

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
dude falls out laying on teh ground every one just stands around omg its crazyyyyy lol
not so bad though the one tahtw ent right into power lines that was bad

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Hot air ballooning is a serene and peaceful experience until the balloon you are riding gets spooked and turns into an aggressive bucking bronco intent only on unseating it's rider and causing chaos , one such occurrence of a hot air balloon going rogue happened in Chatsworth, Illinois just a couple of days ago.

Ride em cowboy !

Happily the pilot of this rogue balloon escaped with only minor injuries and a souvenir video of his experience.

I live in Albuquerque NM. The city holds the world's largest hot air balloon fiesta every year. People have died over the years. Hitting power lines, getting electrocuted, burning or falling to their deaths.

This is what a hot air balloon is

A giant bag made from windbreaker fabric.

A wicker basket. A freaking wicker basket.

Fire.

Oh, no steering and no breaks.

So if you want to die, come to Albuquerque in October. But don't stay overnight, you will be robbed.

edit on 10-6-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

In the 80s you'd see loads of these on a summer Sunday floating over the fields round my village. Now I don't see any.

I'm a complete wuss when it comes to flying, even though my old man was a pilot and taught me the physics. Never would I get into one of those.... However drag ballooning sounds good. My first mod would be a smaller one person basket and a double engine. The winner would be the one who stayed alive longest obviously.

I think Red Bull would be interested.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Remember kids, the devils lettuce is deadly, the po po need to shoot you if you dare run away if they suspect ya.

Better option, Go fly a balloon !!!

E'ERYONE IS SAFE THEN..

(No balloons were harmed in the making of this vide... unlike you evil hoovers)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Besides what the video shows, there is another reason I don't like these balloons. No toilet. Man, it's not just a buoyancy problems.

edit on 10-6-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join