It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise of Intellectual Insanity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

What I would also like to know, is why Trump supporters get so butthurt and bent out of shape by people than don't support him - but I don't expect an answer to this question.

Then I'll answer before reading any further. Of course this is just my answer.

Straight up, it doesn't bother me at all that we don't all see eye to eye.
But the OP is hardly based on " A lack of support". It amounts to
tantrums. And why does anyone let it bother them enough that they make
asses out of themselves?

Trump is POTUS! GTF over it!

edit on Rpm61017v52201700000005 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Bipartisanship is great when both sides want the same thing, have the same goals.

But the "divide" has separated so much as the goals are different now.

There won't be any great unification, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Logarock

Bipartisanship is great when both sides want the same thing, have the same goals.

But the "divide" has separated so much as the goals are different now.

Everything you say is your opinion. Didn't you listen to your English teacher?

"The King's English, knave!"

C'mon.

There won't be any unification because reasons. I mean, I.Q.. Yeah.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
Y'all have so much to say...

Many words makes a fool where a few can speak worlds.

Insanity and intellectualism may go hand in hand, but being wrong is not one of their common buddies.

why did it take you so many words to say that?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Obviously IQ.

Since I'm not smart enough to agree with those with whom I disagree with.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Obviously IQ.

Since I'm not smart enough to agree with those with whom I disagree with.

That's right.

Or maybe I.Q. is indirectly proportionate to one's ability to understand reality...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I'm not an intellectual but you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

edit on 10-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Unfortunately, this all or nothing stance that both sides are taking, only leads to one outcome. This is more about ego than anything else. The idea that someone is right therefore the other person must be wrong attitude, will lead to a guarantee that neither side wins.

Of course that means nothing to some, since many of these people will tell you that they would rather die, or leave the country, if they can't have things the way they want them to be. Instead of working together to share a piece of the pie, and working together to bake a pie that holds enough ingredients to satisfy both of their needs. They are never going to move that rock until both groups are pulling together on the same side, instead of pulling against each other.

Temper tantrums don't work. They just further the divide. We either have to accept that we will all get a tiny piece of the pie or we will all starve. We can't afford these juvenile antics. 2020 is around the corner.

A visual reminder.

edit on 10-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm not an intellectual but you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

True. You only need a Pharisee.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Unfortunately, this all or nothing stance that both sides are taking, only leads to one outcome. This is more about ego than anything else. The idea that someone is right therefore the other person must be wrong attitude, will lead to a guarantee that neither side wins.

Of course that means nothing to some, since many of these people will tell you that they would rather die, or leave the country, if they can't have things the way they want them to be. Instead of working together to share a piece of the pie, and working together to bake a pie that holds enough ingredients to satisfy both of their needs. They are never going to move that rock until both groups are pulling together on the same side, instead of pulling against each other.

Temper tantrums don't work. They just further the divide. We either have to accept that we will all get a tiny piece of the pie or we will all starve. We can't afford these juvenile antics. 2020 is around the corner.

A visual reminder.

2020 is perfect vision.

Somehow I think that statement will be proven untrue.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

2020 is perfect vision. Somehow I think that statement will be proven untrue.

Perfection is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The people saying those who voted for Trump aren't smart, sure are acting dumb. I think that highly educated people voted for Clinton, that does not mean they are intelligent, only knowledgeable about some things. Most people with degrees think they are smarter, but that is not the case. Intelligence and Knowledge are not the same thing.

I always considered wisdom as a curse and dreamed of the day when I could be more spontaneous. It just does not fit my nature to have fun like my friends used to have.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

But the "sides" have different goals.

So there can only be capitulation on one of the sides.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The people saying those who voted for Trump aren't smart, sure are acting dumb. I think that highly educated people voted for Clinton, that does not mean they are intelligent, only knowledgeable about some things. Most people with degrees think they are smarter, but that is not the case. Intelligence and Knowledge are not the same thing.

I always considered wisdom as a curse and dreamed of the day when I could be more spontaneous. It just does not fit my nature to have fun like my friends used to have.

Wisdom isn't the curse. Knowledge is.

One can be wise with what they have and somehow realize they should not acquire more. Life doesn't change just because you know physics and biology. It just becomes more terrifying.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
No popcorn for me. Chips and dip. This fun.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Compromise doesn't have to be permanent. It can be used to build a bridge in both directions.

If you want ice cream and I want cake, we can compromise with Baked Alaska. Some will say that it is not that easy but it is. All it takes is both sides agreeing to disagree, then working together to bridge the gap between the differences.

Working with people you don't like, and working in a system that you don't support, is gut wrenching. I know. I did it for 11 years. I knew I could not beat the devil, but I learned to work within the system to get the most out of it that I could for my patients, until the rules and the laws were changed.

Of course I am still waiting, but we did get some improvements. It will always be a battle for something, when others are in control. Things do improve, it is just that when things improve, they never improve for everyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

When you compromise on values, then you don't have values any longer, you have talking points.

Taxes? Either raise or lower, no compromise.
Socialized medicine? No compromise there.
Compromise on gun control means they'll only ban some guns, not all.

Compromise when you eat dinner with your spouse is one thing. Today it's seafood, tomorrow it's the steakhouse.

But in many other things, there is no compromise. There is either, "do" or "not do". (Yoda)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So your answer is my way or the highway? Make my day, let us fight to the death?

No compromise, you get to keep your values and your pride. Both sides can rest in peace.

Hopefully the survivors will be able to stand around the fire in the trashcan telling tales about how they shoved it to the man, while cooking sewer chicken, and ready to fight who gets to eat first.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

There are winners and losers.

I would always hope that what I believe will be on the winning side.

Those that want (for instance) higher taxes, socialized medicine, bigger government, fewer freedoms? I hope they always lose.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

There are winners and losers.

I would always hope that what I believe will be on the winning side.

Of course you do. Your opposition feels exactly the same way.

The only way around this is to decide what you can live with, and what you are willing to sacrifice.

I know this is not a popular approach anymore, and that the do or die, all or nothing, mentality is here to stay for a while, but it is a fools game, and only works in the favor of those that both sides think they are fighting against.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join