It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise of Intellectual Insanity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
According to Obama himself, DT represents the epitome of the american dream.

[Americans have] a continuing normative commitment to the ideals of individual freedom and mobility, values that extend far beyond the issue of race in the American mind. The depth of this commitment may be summarily dismissed as the unfounded optimism of the average American—I may not be Donald Trump now, but just you wait; if I don't make it, my children will.

ijr.com...

So Barack Obama suggested DT is the perfect American. Sure he said that a long time ago, but it's not like DT has changed much.

youtu.be...

There is little reasoning for the outlash. Except campaign propaganda induced mass hysteria.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I actually agree with most of what you just said. We didn't have good choices (though I think we'd have been better off with Bernie by a mile) and Trump is a lousy president.

We also need to start doing something now to make sure that we have better choices in 2020.

I don't believe the OP and many posters agreee with that though.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Besides "feelings" what has Trump done that you dissaprove of?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
According to Obama himself, DT represents the epitome of the american dream.

[Americans have] a continuing normative commitment to the ideals of individual freedom and mobility, values that extend far beyond the issue of race in the American mind. The depth of this commitment may be summarily dismissed as the unfounded optimism of the average American—I may not be Donald Trump now, but just you wait; if I don't make it, my children will.

ijr.com...

So Barack Obama suggested DT is the perfect American. Sure he said that a long time ago, but it's not like DT has changed much.

youtu.be...

There is little reasoning for the outlash. Except campaign propaganda induced mass hysteria.

maybe he was being sarcastic. or maybe he was speaking of trumps ability to incite change. clearly the president is turning all manner of ideals on their heads in an effort to reinforce them. just because someone wields the crown questionably does not make the crown useless. indeed, by seeing the mistakes made while in office, someone may be inspired to do the right thing with it as time passes. this might have been his point. the capacity to screw up is the capacity to succeed.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
From what I've read on forums, and blogs, the city people have become used to making all the decisions with regard to the global view and the redistribution of wealth from the USA to across the world. They think because they have the education and power, they are ones to make the decisions, which are always right. When that power is taken away from them they scream murder.

When the city people (in their exclusive city suburbs) see subdivisions of families living in suburban homes with a backyard, driveways, basketball hoop above the garage, green lawn, barbeque grill, white picket fence, stable job, private healthcare, maintained roads, while at the same time there are derelict ghettoes and war-torn countries they think that is an unfair hoarding of wealth. So they approve of climate change agreements, offshoring of jobs, H1B visa programs, affirmative action programs for public sector, corporate and education jobs, Section 8 housing, refugee relocation programs to "even out" the redistribution of wealth. Even legislation over transgender bathrooms is passed.

Then small-town families see the one employer in town closed down, white collar jobs disappearing overseas, cheap entry-level graduate labour taking the remaining tech jobs, being pushed to the back of the queue for government jobs and housing. Even their neighborhoods are no longer safe because a good percentage of the new arrivals resort to violent crime. Laws regarding who and who can't use bathrooms is literally taking the piss. When they realize that the only option for their children is to get an education, more obstacles are thrown in their way. Families organize booster parties to raise funds for their schools. Then the education board steps in, snatches those funds and redistributes them elsewhere. They can't win. Universities also have diversity and affirmative action programs, so that increases competition.

The last remaining option was to press the nuclear button and vote for Trump.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
OP makes a thread about Trump, within the second page the entire commentary is centered around a poster..... not the original post.

Hey, OP, next time you make a grandstanding and self-righteous thread about how you poor Trump supporters are seen as "knuckle-draggers," make sure to include that many of them are in fact, just that.

This thread is about Trump. Not about an ATS poster. Not about former POTUS.

Goddamn, you clowns and your rampant deflections, lol.

"The buck stops at Trump."

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I just read two pages of personal insults!

Where are the mods!

Who knows.

Ad hom is the new norm here, as well as off topic political baiting and trolling posts. They're probably getting more revenue than they have before, hence why things are sliding now more than they have before.

I read through this thread with my jaw on the floor. ATS is no more. It is literally a forum for the alt-right, and anyone who doesn't toe that line or staunchly support the POTUS is negligible and should be dismissed (or they're triggered snowflakes).

What a shame.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What intellectuals are actually thinking reading this thread:
"Yawwwn. Alcohol."

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Some time ago a certain radio talk show host wrote a book "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder" . I stopped listening as I considered this "not right at all" . Today , I officially apologize to him...

Michael does seem to have been ahead of the curve

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
"Yawwwn. Alcohol."

Is that what you're thinking...."Alcohol"?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

What I'm trying to get at is I understand why people on the left hate Trump and why they feel the way they do.

Then please darlin explain it to me because I'm dumb founded by what
to me, can easily be described as some kind of spell. It looks like sorcery.

I vehemently opposed Obama, and to be honest I was too young to really "understand," much of what was happening under Bush.

I vehemently oppose my federal government, for a myriad of reasons I won't delve into for the sake of the thread.

I feel as if Trump is no different than other "established," candidates, and his (propoganda) campaign was Hope & Change 2.0 that the masses ate up because "this time, its gonna be different!"

What I'm trying to get at is that instead of questioning the presidency, many are burying their heads in the sand chanting "make America great again," and throwing stones at anyone who isn't an initiated cult member.

What I would also like to know, is why Trump supporters get so butthurt and bent out of shape by people than don't support him - but I don't expect an answer to this question.

It reminds me of the Obama presidency. I spoke out against Holder (Fast and Furious), his drone program (as opposed to ridiculous conspiracies theories such as he's Osama Bin Laden or born in Kenya), and was consistently referred to as "racist," by the cult members.

I see the cult of personality following Trump to be absolutely no different.

I see so many comments about how Trump is doing this, or doing that, but it's irrelevant.

Is Trump taking on the Fed and their practice of a privatized banking under fractional reserve banking? Is he investigating the 30+ trillion USD that is hidden away in offshore accounts and legally not obliged to be taxed by the federal government? Is Trump going after Saudi Arabia for 9/11?

Of course not. He's paying lip service for the MIC, TPTB, and the brainless masses are eating it up because they have some sort of sick obsession with liberals and don't care what happens as long as it's in spite of them.

But then again - I NEVER see Trump supporters discussing his implications in actual government corruption and privatization of industries that are detrimental to the American populace.

What I do see are media buzzwords regurgitated by those who repeat what they're told to say. "Snowflake, safe space, libtard, cuck," - and a myriad of threads regarding each and every time Hillary coughs, farts, and goes to sleep.

The American populace wanted a reality TV star, that's what we have.

In hindsight, things are going to be looking a lot differently.

"No more regime change."
"Lock her up."
"The buck stops at Trump."

The lies are rampant, and the defense of these lies is something I've never quite seen before.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

This is not even scrutiny though. Its really not even in the same class of behavior. And its not even comedy from those corners.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
"Yawwwn. Alcohol."

Is that what you're thinking...."Alcohol"?

This thread, concerning intellectualism, doesn't possess any intellectualism. Therefore, "alcohol", which is Cyrillic for "bringing myself down to their level."

Roughly.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: DAVID
Fake outrage? None. I'm not a Liberal. It's not my daily goal to find something to be offended about.

Best line of this whole thread. I love how the left is appalled at every single thing the Trump family does yet at the same time needs a seeing eye dog for the Clintons. It takes some mental gymnastics to do that.

Case in point, right here, folks.

Welcome to above alt-right.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: toysforadults
I just read two pages of personal insults!

Where are the mods!

Who knows.

Ad hom is the new norm here, as well as off topic political baiting and trolling posts. They're probably getting more revenue than they have before, hence why things are sliding now more than they have before.

I read through this thread with my jaw on the floor. ATS is no more. It is literally a forum for the alt-right, and anyone who doesn't toe that line or staunchly support the POTUS is negligible and should be dismissed (or they're triggered snowflakes).

What a shame.

I 100% agree.

an a non-partsian/non-american, it paint's a disgusting shift from discourse into disaster..
we essentially are being bullied into 'obey' mode.. they forget a sizable portion of ATS isn't American.

If this is 'allowed because the revenue is up' then that will backfire as more (non-Americans) are leaving than are joining.. and rightly so when every second post is a partisan hit for some imaginary scoreboard.. even outside the pit.

We did tell them, the owners and mods.. that this would be the outcome of letting the trash be trash.. but hey.. what do we know.. it's not as if we've watched other forums disintegrate over the push to divide America.

Race failed... class war failed.. trump... and the co-opting of their own election process by big corp has worked a damright treat.

This thread should be a major warning sign for anyone not on a short bus to hell (partisanship)

The cult has taken control.. you must 'obey' and worship or face the wrath...
Fun times..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Well hell! Have you watched the evening reports on the old network TV? ATS mods cant go to crazy when much of whats here is simply a reflection/reaction of the larger info dispersal. And mostly from the left. So whos harping about the right and defenders of Trump or what he represents when all they have publically is about zip to cover their side? Nah what were are seeing out there is destruction mode in full blast politics against the people and reasons they voted for Trump. Trumps just the lightning rod.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Y'all have so much to say...

Many words makes a fool where a few can speak worlds.

Insanity and intellectualism may go hand in hand, but being wrong is not one of their common buddies.
edit on 6/10/2017 by TarzanBeta because: I did not capitalize an "I". That makes me sad.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: RomeByFire

Well hell! Have you watched the evening reports on the old network TV? ATS mods cant go to crazy when much of whats here is simply a reflection/reaction of the larger info dispersal. And mostly from the left. So whos harping about the right and defenders of Trump or what he represents when all they have publically is about zip to cover their side? Nah what were are seeing out there is destruction mode in full blast politics against the people and reasons they voted for Trump. Trumps just the lightning rod.

I don't watch TV.

There's your problem, right there.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
ChaoticOrder is an awesome name.

Don't expect humans to be rational and/or analytical. Of course some are, but they seem to be a distinct minority.

And when it comes to playing the game of voting, playing the 2 Party System game, it is very much the opposite, and that's been known for years.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

Yea real partisan politics is very ugly and it gets that way during changing times whatever they be. This bipartisan gasping is so much BS. Not much that ever moved this country forward was the result of bi-partisan anything. Not the Revolution not the Civil War era, not even the Vietnam Era.

Last good flair of bi-partisanship we had after 911 was shown in time to be mostly a facade undertaken by political wind testers assuming the position until it was safe again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join