It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Hillary Clinton and the DNC...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I completely understand what you are saying and agree that religious dogma should not be a part of legislation/law, and yes Vought stumbled on answering the questions, but to be fair, Bernie got extremely hostile and could very well have rattled Vought's nerves.

I don't know about you but I have been in similar panel interviews and it can be very nerve racking. The one thing that I think Vought did answer correctly was his statement about dignity and respect for others, so unless there is something in his past actions that shows he let religious dogma influence his decisions then he should be taken at his word about dignity and respect.

IMO Bernie spazzed out and based his decision on the mans expression of faith, and we also need to remember this expression of faith was in a news letter for a Christian school, so was not in anyway related to Government service.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So? Some muslims probably consider many as "infidels", so we can't elect them now?

If they say anything like Vought said then hell no they shouldn't. You are often balanced in your beliefs but can you imagine what ATS would look like if a Muslim running for office said something like that? If someone says something openly hostile to a huge number of people there's no "oh well that's just his religion" get out of jail free card. Bernie is under no compulsion to confirm him. Has Bernie denied all Christians in hearings? Obviously not, this guy was just exceedingly inflammatory in a way that leaves serious questions about his ability to govern in a secular government.
edit on 10-6-2017 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

I have already addressed these points so real quick like again.

Bernie made his value judgement based on Vought's comments that he wrote in a news letter at a Christian school, not connected in anyway that I know of to his government service, Vought also stated that all people should be treated with dignity and respect.

Christian everyday make fair and just decisions that require them to set aside their religious dogma. the whole "render unto Caesar" thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

Do you feel Religion has enhanced your experience here on Earth, or hindered it? What role do you feel it plays in Society as a whole?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

You say "gotta love the Constitution" but you don't seem to understand the Constitution. I put a link to the relevant article in the OP.

As I said in the OP it doesn't matter (in the view of the Constitution) what a persons faith or lack thereof is, no government official can use a persons faith or lack thereof against them, as Bernie did.

On a hearing that's exactly what you do. Everything the person wrote and done is scrutinized to see if they are fit for the position. In this case Bernie is right this person has made a public statement which essentially put down Jews and muslims not to mention others as well.

To publicly state this means this person puts religion above everything as he said he's a christian. However in his role he needs to represent everyone. And berne is 100 percent right in voting no if he felt he needed to defend his faith by declaring everyone else will go to hell

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

First just to get it out in the open, I believe that most organized religions especially as they operate today are Satan's "Ace in the hole" they focus on the rituals of Christianity and forget or ignore the realities.

So that being said, my faith has made my life in many ways a more content life, I wouldn't say it has "enhanced or hindered" my life (I assume you mean physical/social life and the trappings thereof) As far as it's role in Society, simply... It give people hope and contentment (or inner peace) that hope can bring, hope that even though life maybe crap now that does not mean it will be crap tomorrow (every day is a gift), and the contentment that allows you to deal (put in Gods hands) the crap you have to deal with today.

I think America has lost a lot of hope in the last 50-60 years, and that is why we have so much social unrest.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing your views, I respect that.

Religion is often used as a crutch to feed ones ego.

However, I've found often times this is good, as it leads the human spirit in it's rise from glory to glory. I am an example of that. Once religious, observing those entranced by religious ideals, woke me up.

edit on 10-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Christian everyday make fair and just decisions that require them to set aside their religious dogma. the whole "render unto Caesar" thing.

And Christians everyday fail to make fair and just decisions, and as I said it was Bernies prerogative to believe Vought would not.
The location of the statement from Vought is moot. Politicians are held to a ridiculously high standard about their conduct, this is nothing new. If a member of any group said something that you could interpret as indicating they have an inherent antagonistic predisposition to another group then that's fair grounds for a "nay".

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Again he was writing a in a news letter at a Christian school (nothing Government/work related that I am aware of), and he professed a tenet of his faith. He has every right to do so.

The Constitution explicitly prohibits discrimination based on a persons faith "but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

As far as I know Vought has not made any policy decisions that included his religious dogma, and as far as I can see Bernie made his decision based on Vought's expression of his religion, not based on any past performance. That makes it IMO an unconstitutional decision on Bernie's part.

If anybody provides any evidence that contradicts how I see this incident, I will gladly re-adjust my thinking. All my opinions on this are based off this video alone.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Yep, all people are capable of making bad/biased decisions based on their personal belief system.

The problem is if the decision to "hire" or not to "hire" is based strictly on the persons religious tenets 'or' them expressing there tenets in a non-work environment then that decision flies in the face of what the Constitution says.

And IMO that appears to be what Bernie did.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

LOL I have enough ego, I don't need religion to bolster it LOL. If anything my faith helps humble my ego and keep me from making an ass of myself... at least most of the time.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

So if he had said we should kill gays and people for working on Sundays you think Bernie would not be within his rights saying no?
Let's say Vought said that and also indicated he would respect the law.
I would add it was hardly a non work environment, he wrote an opinion piece for a magazine/ journal

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Man you are really stretching here LOL

By him saying that "we should make a law" to reflects his dogma put him into a category of now stating how he would act "on the job", but that's not what he said or even in the same "wheelhouse" of what he said.

Just because a Christian believes that those who have not accepted Christ as their savior are damned to hell, does not mean that the Christian can't treat those people fairly and with respect.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I edited my post before you replied.

I will respond to the last part of what you said though then I'm off to bed. Does it necessarily mean he would be unfair to Jews and Muslims? No. Does it leave great doubt? Yes. As I said again this is not a court of law and it is Bernies judgment as to which he believes.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Thank God Hell isn't real!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
For the leftist authoritarian the state is their church at which they lord over those they perceive as beneath them.

Don't kid yourself, a zealot is a zealot. And no matter the route you take it will all lead to ruin.

It's time for pragmatic centrism.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Doesn't matter same principal.

Look I get it you and a lot of others have a hard on for Christians and maybe even other persons of faith, but the fact is the Constitution states that faith (or the lack thereof) can not be a determiner for appointments.

From what the video shows IMO Bernie made his decision based on a persons expression of faith because he didn't like that expression, NOT on any past performance or really any indicators of future performance (Vought did say that all people should be treated with dignity and respect).

So a person made a statement of faith did not call for any legislation based on that statement of faith, and Bernie spazzed and violated the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I believe in hell, and I think the closer science gets to proving that a multiverse exists the closer we 'may' get to proving Heaven and Hell as real places.

Couldn't Heaven and Hell just be considered different universes?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

May I ask you why you fear Hell and why you believe it exists?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I don't fear it and actually thinking back I never did, my acceptance of my salvation was done out of love and not fear of damnation.

I believe the bible is the word of God, so the whole lake of fire thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join