It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Hillary Clinton and the DNC...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
For cheating Bernie Sanders out of the Democrat nomination.

Bernie Sanders seems to have forgotten about his oath to up hold the Constitution, as he questions Russell Vought about statements he made expressing his Christian faith, and then goes on to say that he will not vote for Vought because in his opinion Vought is not the kind of person this country needs.

Doesn't matter what the persons faith or lack of is Bernie boy you have to look at his professional life not his religious belief.

Relivant section of the Constitution is Article VI Sec 3:
..."but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

edit on 10-6-2017 by LockNLoad because: typo

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

We can't actually expect authoritarian leftists to actually follow the Constitution, can we?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

If anything, we should be moving away from allowing religion. It's an antiquated form of social control that promotes violence at best and outright societal stupidity at worst.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

OK... but the Constitution is the Constitution, and Bernie needs to reread it, and IMO should be censured and removed from this nomination vote.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No not really, but it is nice to see them outing themselves for what they really are.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad

OK... but the Constitution is the Constitution, and Bernie needs to reread it, and IMO should be censured and removed from this nomination vote.

Unfortunately censorship is not a two way street. If you allow it an inch, those with more power will enforce it a mile.
Denominate him, sure, whatever.... Do not allow censorship, let alone condone it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yea sorry son, the world needs less religious people in power.

Oh and f hillary and the dnc for stoping bernie from winning the nomination.

The whole separation of church and state, gotta love the constitution.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If Hillary is alive...

The only way Bernie will be there in 2020.

If the make the movie "Weekend at Bernie's part 2".

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The Dems' biggest mistake, and I'm not surprised as they're all emotion with little foresight, is 8 months post election still having Bernie and Hillary getting all the headlines. They've offered nothing new. They're digging their own grave.

A positive however for anyone who loves this country.
edit on 9-6-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Bernie is doing exactly what he thinks he see's in the other dude. am i the only one seeing this?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

What separation between Church and State is in the Constitution ?
Will go easy on ya , as you probably are not really familiar , but know how to repeat what your neighbor tells ya..

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Bernie is old guard .New tricks are not his bag and he knows what the score has been behind the scenes .You would have thought he would have been really poed about what happened but he knows the dirty game of politics despite the cloak of right ness of the game . He knew that tptb threw him under the bus and so he let his supporters take the fall with him .

Had he got the DNC nomination Trump may not have won and we would be left with a easy POTUS for the deep state to control .Trump not being the same old same old has bought us some time to expose the underbelly of the beast .The things we all suspected to be true are making their way out into the light of day . Old guard like Bernie or Mccain matter little at this stage of the game .Most people pay little attention to them no matter how much arm waving they do .

Dialing back on the lack of integrity seems to be the only way forward .There is no magical bullet to fix the system but there is time to get people that count to count and hold the flame to them .I was watching a vid today about a election going on in Georgia where what seems like a reasonable respectable woman is running against a younger man . The guy has poured in over 20 million dollars so far to win while she has spent less then 300 thousand .

Its things like that people should be concentrating on and focusing to bring about the more integrity needed in the system .Bernie is not going to take away the constitution but he should be reminded of it and how he has missed the mark in that respect . Like Mccain he has a only a little more shelf life left .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

If anything, we should be moving away from allowing religion. It's an antiquated form of social control that promotes violence at best and outright societal stupidity at worst.

I would like to outlaw a lot of beliefs I don't agree with as well.

How about we start with something important to you?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

When a person's voting record is clearly enslaved to their mythological beliefs, it's a relevant framework to base an opinion on.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Not 'censor' 'censure' different words different meanings.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

What separation between Church and State is in the Constitution ?
Will go easy on ya , as you probably are not really familiar , but know how to repeat what your neighbor tells ya..

My grammar is terrible, when i re read what i posted i see where people could have gotten a different point of view if that makes sense.

But yea less religion in power is why i said seperation of church and state.

Religion should be a personal choice.
edit on 10-6-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

You say "gotta love the Constitution" but you don't seem to understand the Constitution. I put a link to the relevant article in the OP.

As I said in the OP it doesn't matter (in the view of the Constitution) what a persons faith or lack thereof is, no government official can use a persons faith or lack thereof against them, as Bernie did.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

When a person's voting record is clearly enslaved to their mythological beliefs, it's a relevant framework to base an opinion on.

So we can never elect anyone who has religious beliefs ever again because they're "enslaved" to their mythological beliefs.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

(IMO) Not really, Vought wrote an article expressing parts of his faith, Bernie was not expressing any beliefs he was just trying to trip the guy up and paint him as Islamophobic.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Him and McCain (and many others) are good arguments for term limits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join