It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under The Coop

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think I will just sit here, until all this 'low pressure' weather blows over

Too much turmoil for a wee wench to handle at the moment.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hmm it seems a little vicious out there, so I put my commando gear on.

I don't get to wear it in public a lot, mostly on secret missions.

There is some turmoil, infractions, that seemingly are widely excepted among the 'commoners', that will if it creates precedence induce irreparable damage.
Now I am rambling in a silent void, pardon me. There isn't much else to do here. Cheerio.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
If it is a little too vicious out there, then stay in here.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Nice to see you Night had I known company was here I would have baked a cake.

Well the other day I received a letter. It was rather disturbing, all though it didn't surprise me that the source would have the nerve to use such tactics. It was a passive aggressive type of extortion.
Being me and openly aggressive I felt no need to coddle the perpetrator so, I of course reported the offender to the proper authorities.
Due action was taken much to my satisfaction.
Ahh I truly enjoy not having a pathetic urge to 'understand' and be friends with every bully who crosses my path.

I should have called this The Hermitage, it is very quite in here. Perhaps I should put out some cookies, or a beverage.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Oh Dear I see storm clouds. Hides under The Coop.

I knew they were coming, the clouds and the ensuing storm, actually I was a 'storm spotter'.
It bothers me to see people wandering about, trying to gather information from the scattered debris.
Storms hit randomly, from unsuspected sources.
We trust 'things', we become accustomed to certain 'environments', we are lured into complacency by jovial interactions, and don't notice the subtle shaping of our attitude.
We suddenly find our selves placated, in depth to the seductive force.

Yawn.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Cookies and cake perhaps.

Hugs my friend!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ups, very late with a note of gratitude. I guess I should check my threshold more often.
I ate the dragon cookies, miss those dragons, and devoured the cake. Was I supposed to share?
Hugs are good, if we gave more hugs we wouldn't fight so much. Thank you.

I wish I could sign off from this stupid thing we call 'reality'. It is so random.
If you didn't take the right bus at the right time all hell brakes lose, forever.

One selects a location on a map, packs a picnic basket, dresses properly and arrives in a contradictory location, because the F'n map changed, what kind of game is this?

Why does "Murphy's Law" apply to some of us and not to others? I want off.

Not that I should complain. I have had a very interesting life. I have lived on two continents, traveled in seventeen countries, encountered many wonderful beings. My life is 'Full'. Alas here I am, an abnormality in the back yards of America, where being from 'else where' is shunned. I was born here, on this soil. This is my home, this whole continent.
When I attempt to adapt it all ways ends up with "where are you from, who is your family" ?
Just sitting under my coop.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Reality sucks! That is why we have the shed and places like this thread to come to where we don't feel so all alone and know there is a hand to hold and magic to be found.

It's ok if you ate the whole cake. I ate the first one and had to have the faeries bake another just for you.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Night thank you for the lovely pictures and sweet reply.
I think "The Coop" is perhaps a little cynical, a miniature rant with a compassionate twist.
A little mini-verse, with out consolation, but hopefully communication.

Some times its just good to listen to the storm as it makes its way through.
Damage control comes when it dies down.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Perhaps I will sit here a while and contemplate the odd event I experienced today.
It occurs to me that it is symptomatic of the ever more prevalent display of alienation between people, and a stance to guard ones territory.
I decided that a little stroll with the dogs at a near by lake, could relieve a slight fever and brighten my mood.
This lake is hardly on the map, not sought by many due to lack of the usual modern commodities. Boat landing, beach, paths, but it is protected due to a rare plant species.
So for more than seven years I have made it an all most daily goal, year round. I know every being that inhabits it, I know its water is sweet and luxuriously soft when deep enough to swim in. As this year.
Down the line I have only encountered a few people, all ways friendly, apart from the idiots that eradicated the musk rats. There are two paths down, one on each side of the lake. One side is over grown with poison ivy so I use the other.
It has a small but convenient parking area, grass and sand, and the path can only be accessed through a narrow corner.

I drove up seeing a big truck parked with a German short hair in the bed. An enchanting little red head girl is standing by it, as her parents are viewing the lake with a lens of sorts.
"Wonderful" I think, my eyesight is off so I can ask them what they are viewing.
Parked I leave the dogs in the van, and walk over, the 'male' approaches me and I smiling say Hello and assure him I wont let the dogs out.
Mind you they have blocked the whole access area and their dog is unleashed. This is a public place. State National Area.
I am still smiling and ask what they are viewing since I come here every day and am curious not being able to see too well.
He hasn't said a word, I look at his 'mate' obviously pregnant, she smiles and waves.
But before I can wave back he has snatched the child up, 15 feet away from me, holds her in a tight grip and assumes a very aggressive stance. Stares at me with a frown and opens the truck door.
I swear I could smell his aggression.
Putting my hands up I retreated backwards, maintained eye contact while I repeated " I am backing off" several times and then I ran to the van.
Pardon the long description.

First I was scared s###less then I was furious, and then sad.
Did he think I would take his child? Why didn't he have the courtesy to return a normal "Good Morning" greeting? Did he think he could block access to the whole 100 acres?
I couldn't go down with out walking through thick brush and brambles. And his dog was loose, albeit in the bed.
Did I look threatening with my grey blond hair bun, relaxed walking clothes?
Was he grabbing for a weapon?

Angry. This is a public area and he completely blocked access and threatened me.
Furious. Why was I such a coward? Why didn't I stand my ground?
Sad. What made him ignore my greeting as human to human? Why here, this little sanctuary?

They looked so normal. A nice truck, nicely dressed.

I will sit here for a while, to calm my emotions.

edit on 11-8-2017 by WalkInSilence because: letter

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow what an odd encounter Wis. We're the horns on your head showing? You know because that can look scary, especially to a kid. Lol

Who knows why people act the way they do? Hopefully you don't run into him again.
He could have been kinder and more like his wife.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I just remembered I have this little safe place, a tiny hermitage, a sanctuary.

Well not exactly, both are secluded and secret in a way.
Nothing is secret here but I can grant myself the illusion.
But perhaps this is my way of wondering if some one will hear that tiny voice of despair and just abide under this shelter?
This disembodied "me" can say any thing and discard any reply that doesn't suit me.

I look out from my shelter into the black starlit heaven, wondering how "Life" could take on a shape that I can't grasp?
The night sky is the same comforting magnificent "being", the sunset I "drank" in at the lake, soothing soft is the same. The rustle in the trees, the gentle breeze soothing my skin. The moon high above defying darkness.

All the same. How can "they" rise and fall, eon after eon, content in harmony, fulfilling a purpose and I in this sand corn of the end of a life time can not even begin to find meaning??
I thought, passed tense, there was a grand design, I thought every thing would come together in a pleasant pattern.

I guess I will just rest under my crazy quilt under this little shelter.

edit on 2-10-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wolf found your place and wanted to enter. I thought you would enjoy his company. He can howl and do wolfie things or sit by your side quietly beneath the stars.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ahh a visitor, how lovely. Wolfie is excellent company, warm cuddly, keeps the rif raf out and doesn't mind my babblings.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Damn it "He" struck again. This time I will relentlessly take up pursuit.

The thing is I can't tell any one out side the higher echelon what happened. I can't even rebuke the blubbering little Napoleon. If He gets away with it this time I will start a rebellion.
Viva la Resistance.
Humprf

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Shakes me self off. Cold out there.
Why do we say "cold"? , because the molecules move slowly
There is hail and brimstone out there.
Every one is accusing every ones sister of some act that that they wanted to commit but didn't because they might get caught.
Cold.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No one is looking at my tears. No one will tell me will see each other again. A poor comfort.
Tomorrow morning I will take my friend to a door I can not enter.

Sit with me my dear Fred tonight, we shall watch the stars together under this tiny fragile shelter.
I will hold you my dear, you have comforted me so many times over thirteen years.
I love you.
As I stroke you I know I will never touch you again. You will never push my head. I will never feel your soft touch.
I love you so much.
I think you would like this.

I will remember all the walks we took, all the times you looked into my eyes.
God, I love you.
Forgive me.
Here is another one for you Fred

edit on 13-11-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Here is one more for you Fred

You taught me to appreciate the wonders of life. You bridged the gap.
Such a little thing you were in the greater picture of ordinary humans but a giant a universe in my heart.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Since this is a void space I will take advantage of it. I do wonder how long the Mods will let me talk to my self.
But tonight I want to write something I can't put in any paper.
No one is looking so...
My Dear Friend, tomorrow morning I will take you to a door I can not enter.
You have been my dearest heart for thirteen years, we have shared every morning, every eve, every night together.
We walked together, through all seasons.
You knew all my moods, you gave me comfort and courage.
You welcomed every one.
I love you beyond reason, you are the most magnificent being so ...I can't, I must take this step.
Forgive me

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join