It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Fertilizer explosion Looks like a possible conspiracy to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Someone this week mentioned the West, Texas fertilizer explosion and a Monsanto lawsuit. I took a look. The last I found was 2010. Seemed too end much prior to the 2013 explosion. Then ran on more info and dug deeper. Farther down there is a report that an incendiary device was at fault.

Freedom Outpost

We have read in a few places that this fertilizer company had a lawsuit against Monsanto. A few sources have mentioned this and they seem to expect the American public to "piece it together" but the American public is very much in the dark and that's the way our government likes it. Most Americans truly don't understand the significance of Monsanto.

The Wall Street Journal was the first to break this story and it's important to note the details. This is not a small lawsuit and it was not dormant as some have suggested. Dormant tends to imply that it's dead by choice. It was "dormant" only because of a pending appeal that has not been resolved:

Below information refers to lawsuits filed by the relatives of the 15 who died and 150 injured.

WSJ

"Many documents in the case are sealed, and the public documents don't reveal the names of the plant's then-current owners. Texas corporation records list the president of the company as Donald R. Adair, and show a business operating as Adair Grain Inc. at the same address.

Texas Grain Storage was represented by roughly 30 lawyers at 12 firms, according to court records. One lawyer who represented Texas Grain said the suit stalled in 2010 after a magistrate judge denied a request to certify the case as a class action. The lawyer said Texas Grain appealed the ruling, and that a district judge has yet to rule on the appeal. The last public filing in the case was in 2010."

30 lawyer’s and 12 firms as reported in the article seems a hugh lawsuit to me, but I am a simple person so what do I know.

edit to add report of incendiary cause
source

Agent in Charge Rob Elder at a press conference at the Knights of Columbus Hall in West. "The fire has been ruled as incendiary. This means this fire was a criminal act."

From the Dallas News this article has no date but seems recent.

Secrets wrapped up in lawsuits over the 2013 explosion of the fertilizer plant in West could keep valuable health and safety information hidden from the public forever.

Because a judge has approved confidentiality agreements requested by attorneys, even people who live in West may never find out much more about what happened. The agreements allow both sides to label as confidential virtually all information uncovered as the lawyers prepare for trial.

“I’ve read hundreds of these. I read them all the time,” said Richard Zitrin, a law professor who has testified before the U.S. Senate about secrecy in the courts. “These are some of the most outrageous examples I have ever seen. It is completely unlimited.”

Waco Tribune

The judge presiding over the West explosion litigation granted a defense motion Friday to postpone the next trial on the heels of a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announcement last month that the fire that preceded the explosion was a criminal act.

Over objections from plaintiffs’ attorneys, 170th State District Judge Jim Meyer agreed to postpone the latest trial setting from July 25 to early January.

Meyer denied a defense request to stay the proceedings for at least six months, which would have put all activity in the cases on hold, including the taking of depositions and other trial preparations.

Defense attorneys argued that the May 11 announcement by ATF agents that the cause of the April 17, 2013, fire that triggered the massive explosion that leveled much of West was “incendiary, a criminal act” could be a “game changer” for the civil litigation. The attorneys requested more time to continue working with the ATF and U.S. District Judge Walter S. Smith Jr. in an effort to gain access to more evidence in custody of the ATF.

Some of the defendants sued the ATF last year in an effort to see the results from the ATF’s $2 million investigation, thinking the findings could help them — or at least the jury — make decisions in the cases.

So both sides agreed to the suppression of evidence. The plaintiffs really can't blame the fertilizer company for negligence and the defendants why would they agree?

There is a video of a possible incoming device that was posted at one time on ats and evidently debunked because of what is said to be a 1 second gap. Will try to find it.

edit to add report of incendiary cause
source

Agent in Charge Rob Elder at a press conference at the Knights of Columbus Hall in West. "The fire has been ruled as incendiary. This means this fire was a criminal act."

edit on 9-6-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

The Chemical Safety Board did an investigation. I've watched their video and skimmed the report. The video is well worth a watch if you are interested in the case.
eta: I don't know that they ever said what caused the original fire in the CSB report. Interesting that it looks like it was deliberately set from your information.
Link
edit on 9-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
There are multiple links and it would take a long time to find a relevant link. If you could point out one in particular it would be helpful.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Their final report is on the previous link, but like I said they never found a cause for the initial fire. I remember reading it and thinking, thats strange, an accident investigation that does not delve into what started the initial fire. It appears to me now that it was arson of unknown causes. Who would do such a thing? Kids playing with matches or agents of Monsanto.

eta: There's also a report from ABS consulting, and guess what, it's got some information thats been blacked out, retracted! I'm going to have a look at it. Doesn't appear to say how the initial fire started either.
ABS consulting PDF

12 minute video.

edit on 9-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

This was prepared a year before the ATF reported is was incendiary. An outside source cause the explosion

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here's the main thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very odd case.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearnHere is a vidio of the explosion.

It is not a slowed down video ov the slowed down version but does ask a question which deserves thought.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

CSB recreation animation, 3:30.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: liveandlearnHere is a vidio of the explosion.

It is not a slowed down video ov the slowed down version but does ask a question which deserves thought.

This is from a yahoo video that has been slowed down.

There is a definite flash coming from the left side where there is no fire followed by an explosion that ends up killing and injuring the people in close proximity. Incindiary? Not normal as the wind is blowing in the opposite direction and there is no fire in that area.

Could use some ATSer's who are familiar to explain this.

Interesting...the former videos on ATS are no longer available tho i just viewed the a few days ago

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Sure makes the Oklahoma bombing look suspect,look at damage of wood buildings,dang must of been nucleur fertilizer,to decimate a 12 in thick concrete reinforced building,with a small truck load

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Its very very hard to set off ammonium nitrate.

I know this from over 30 years working as a blaster.

You have to have a fuel added to the AN and then it still takes a powerful shock to detonate it.
The best ways to get it to detonate is to add a carbon based fuel to it like diesel fuel and use a high power blasting cap and a booster.

The other way is add metal dust to make tannerite and hit it with a high power bullet.

new topics

top topics

join