It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark and Light-Closed Beta Signups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Link to Youtube video. Link in description.

Been quietly anticipating this game. It blends crafting, survival, base building and tower capture/destroy into a dragon laden RPG world! It's being made by Snail Games.

Anyone else checking this out?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Haven't heard of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

If you happen to be into RPG games with building/crafting aspects, it may be in your wheelhouse. Dragon battling/riding/taming are one of the features they are really pushing.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Just applied for the beta. The trailer looks pretty good, hope I get invited.

ETA: It's funny, they asked me to list the sandbox games I've played. I decided to stop listing after 10
edit on 6/9/17 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here's the real question will it be too Asian for me to enjoy or is there going to be a western version without the massive Koreanesque grind that's not appealing or fun to anyone except people on the other side of the damn planet
edit on 9-6-2017 by Lysergic because: voice 2 text

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
link to beta sign up?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

You rebel!!

I put Rust/7d2d/the forrest and the complete elder scrolls lineup. I'm not sure anymore what exactly is sandbox/openworld. They all seem to have themepark implements.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

From my perspective and understanding, it's not a traditional MMO. More of a smaller scale deal, as in local servers. Think Rust. I'm not seeing too much Eastern design, but I'm far from being any authority on artistic designation.

I can't link because I've already filled out the beta questionnaire and it wouldn't be the same. The link however can be found in the youtube video description.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I googled it lol. According to Techopedia:

A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows a gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish. A sandbox game is also known as an open-world or free-roaming game.

I put TES(The Elder Scrolls) 3, 4, 5, Factorio, Aurora 4x, Empyrion: Galactic Survival, Fallout: New Vegas, Just Cause 2, Kerbal Space Program, and DayZ.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Oh, I love RPGs, it's about all I play with exception to an occasional shooter.. I will check it out.
edit on 9-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

Oh, I love RPGs, it's about all I play with exception to an occasional shooter.. I will check it out.

Same here. I also really dig the crafting and building aspects that the modern engines have brought out. Recipe for something quite legitimate.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I like crafting. The Minecraft building type thing I can take or leave, but...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I no longer have internet capabilities for handling such games anymore.

new topics

top topics

join