It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Grandfather Clock by the Door in the Oval Office

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The White House Oval Office has a unique antique in the form of a Grandfather Clock.

The Grandfather Clock was acquired (allegedly) by First Lady Pat Nixon and placed "in service" in 1975 while Gerald Ford was President.

The Grandfather Clock was made around the year 1800 in Boston by John and Thomas Seymour.

The Clocks pre-White House history apparently is a mystery.

James Comey, in his now famous "recollections" of meetings with President Trump referred to the Grandfather Clock several times in a prepared statement to the U.S. Senate Committee investigating some current issues.

Why would Comey seem to fixate on the Clock ?

Comey even used a similar quote from Jimmy Carter about the Clock.

Looking at the Clock, does anybody see any mystical symbols or suggestive designs ?

Is the mysterious Grandfather Clock influencing people that have been in the room ?

Perhaps Comey knows these mysteries and was using some kind of sinister codes in his Statement and in his verbal testimony ?

The Clock on wikipedia

Detailed Picture of the Clock

The Seymour tall case clock in the White House, more commonly known as the Oval Office grandfather clock, is an 8 feet 10 inches (269 cm) longcase clock, made of mahogany between 1795–1805 in Boston by John and Thomas Seymour and located in the Oval Office of the White House since 1975.[1] Since the presidency of Gerald Ford it has remained one of the only constant features in the office, throughout several renovations.

Jimmy Carter said that, during the last stages of the Iran hostage crisis negotiations when he spent forty-eight hours continuously in the Oval Office, "No matter who was with me, we watched the big grandfather clock by the door."

The clock was mentioned specifically by the former FBI director James Comey, in his written statement to Congress, published the day before his testimony to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence regarding his being dismissed by President Donald Trump.[13][14] This very specific and repeated mention of the clock raised increased interest in the clock's own history and caused a minor sensation on social media.

When the door by the grandfather clock closed, and we were alone, the President began by saying, 'I want to talk about Mike Flynn.'...

After he had spoken for a few minutes about leaks, Reince Priebus leaned in through the door by the grandfather clock and I could see a group of people waiting behind him...

The President returned briefly to the problem of leaks. I then got up and left out the door by the grandfather clock, making my way through the large group of people waiting there, including Mr. Priebus and the Vice President... ”

— James Comey

Unlock the Mystery of the Grandfather Clock by the Door !

edit on Jun-09-2017 by xuenchen because: whenwilltheclockstrikemidnight?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is what I see when I look at that clock picture:

Also, possibly a devil cat or bunny rabbit in the wood grain at the bottom of it...
edit on 2017-6-9 by DClark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DClark

Also, possibly a devil cat or bunny rabbit in the wood grain at the bottom of it...

LOL it's there isn't it !!

Does anybody see "Russians" ?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hmm i see some kind of structure engraved in the wood and a large plume of smoke coming from it. Well f#ck. Thanks Xuen now i'm truly insane.

On a side note what if the clock has a secret compartment to house some kind of surveillance. Eyes and ears so to speak and only the presidents are made aware of it. You know something only a president tells his successor about.

edit on 9-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It probably housed an old bulky 1970s reel to reel recorder back in the day.

Maybe comey learned of this when he became director, and it made him wonder where the current surveillance equipment was hidden.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I notice it has no keys. One for the door of the base and one for the clock face. It's normal to keep the keys in these things as they easily go missing and need winding up.

Small thing I know but..............

Also, anything to do with the picture rotating around on the top? Superstition? Can only do something when "something" appears?

I don't know.......just a guess.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder what it sounds like.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I see some kind of demon at the top and an Owl in a casket or box at the bottom.
Makes me think of wood sprits.

A cat's head at the bottom?

edit on V182017Fridaypm30America/ChicagoFri, 09 Jun 2017 18:18:42 -05001 by Violater1 because: added cat

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It is a beautiful piece of workmanship (are we allowed to use that word anymore or is it workpersonship?). It would be interesting to look at the back or inside of it, and I suspect that if you were to flip it over it WON'T say "Made in China".

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Grandfather Clocks, as clocks are symbols of time. However, traditional grandfather clocks have to be wound and are, therefore, a symbol of your personal connection with the passing of time. If you dream about the pendulum on a grandfather clock it is a sign that you are wasting time.

Source

Not sure if this is significant but I thought I'd add it to the discussion to maybe spark some people's curiosity.

It does seem a bit weird he'd specifically mention the grandfather clock so many times. Maybe some kind of innuendo or underlying meaning?

S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Perhaps subliminal message transmitters to influence people in high places !!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DClark

Yes.

Comey may be the "Cat waiting in the bushes" !!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Gah!!!! Now all I see is Wood spirits and Owls!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe the clock is where the recording device is that taped their conversations.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

There are no small things with this Clock.

Every detail has a mystical meaning.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Funny, all I see is wood grain

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I don't think the symbolism is in the material of the clock but of the concept of clocks in general.

Time, a man-made construct to keep us bound to schedules and deadlines. Time is money, right? We spend so much time working our 9-5 jobs that we tend to miss the little things that actually matter.

Why's there a huge clock in the middle of London? To symbolize that time is king in today's society and today's society encourages people to get lost in time and miss out on what makes life so special in my opinion.

How any of that relates to Comey I don't know. Maybe someone will come in and make that connection or maybe there's no connection to be made. Fun topic though.

edit on 6/9/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Is that a ship on fire on the upper half of the face?

Perhaps if we could get the name of the ship or the scene it represents that might tell us something.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I see the face of Chuck Schumer in the middle...

Perhaps you have found the leaker - the clock is a portal for demons like Schumer who can possess it and spy on the Oval office.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

LOL

Jesus !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join