It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoodBadFlicks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I thought I would take some time share one of my favorite YouTube channels.

If you're like me and you tend to enjoy the less well-known movies for a variety of reasons, then you might check this channel out. They mainly have three types of videos: reviews of recent releases, including big name ones; then they have the Exploring series and the [insert movie title] - GoodBadFlicks series.

The second two differ a bit in how they are put together. The Exploring series focuses more on how movies came together to be made.

For example, this one talks about how The Dead was basically a passion project film that was shot pretty much entirely on location in Africa and all of the attendant problems. At least once, they filmed the main character free climbing rocks. What you don't know is that the actor was barely over malaria he'd gotten during the shoot, and insisted he do it, and maybe should have been prevented ... All kinds of little fun tidbits like that. It's like a mini making of doc with less interviewing.

The [insert movie title] - Good Bad Flicks series gives a brief synopsis complete with some goofing (some clever, some sort of lame) and then ends up explaining why despite the movie not being good, it's still worth your time to watch and can be entertaining. In this case, the scene chewing of Jon Voight and the fact that Anaconda is an entertaining creature feature even with its flaws with plenty of solid effects that still hold up reasonably well.

And, yes, the did one for Sharknado ...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sharknado.. so absurd, that it becomes so good.

I actually haven't built up the courage to watch it yet, but somehow it's become a cult classic, so there must be something to it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Sharknado.. so absurd, that it becomes so good.

I actually haven't built up the courage to watch it yet, but somehow it's become a cult classic, so there must be something to it.

Oh, it's horrible, but it's laughably horrible. There's a fine line in those kinds of movies. It's the sort of thing you want to watch with a bunch of people who are prepared to goof on it and booze.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Isn't there like 5 sequels or something? That's Harry Potter-esque, and Harry Potter is one of the greatest series of all time..

They must be doing something right.. or there are a lot of drunken Sharknado get-togethers.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's good bad.

Go in expecting to see something along the lines of a Sy-Fy creature feature and you've got it. What makes it different is it has just about the right amount of camp to it, and doesn't take itself too seriously.

In fact, the production company that made the Sharknados has made a good living producing low budget knock-offs of big budget productions, and a lot of them get aired on Sy-Fy.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Last weekend I watched a movie on netflix called Zoombies. Had browsed past it before and it didn't look like it would be very good. But I gave it a chance, eventually, and it is a pretty decent little movie. Fun.

top topics

join