It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Have an Experiment to See If the Human Mind Is Bound to the Physical World

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Lol

And if only you had a dime each

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: TarzanBeta

I'm not so sure about that.

You do realize that if the human mind wasn't bound to the physical world, then you wouldn't be communicating in the physical world....

Right?

E'er'one missing the obvious?

Where did you ever get the idea that the human mind isn't bound to the physical world? It is one of the main interfaces we use to interact with this reality.

Do you think that the view point of us being nothing more than electrical impulses in a mortal shell diminishes the possibilities of enjoying this reality?

Your reading comprehension needs some brushing up. Read what I said again, friend.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

You do realize that if the human mind wasn't bound to the physical world, then you wouldn't be communicating in the physical world....

Right?

Clearly more is available, activate all the cores, all the chips, then we shall see.

Clearly, eh?

People making me talk like a Canadien today. Facepalming much as well.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: neoholographic

this news is just adding to my strong belief in the power of thought, i believe every thought has an effect, and that this news is not new to secret groups that use the power of images to great effect to control and confuse the masses..... are we awakening?? i dunno but evolution doesn't stop and for me our next leap will be a conscious one, awareness of our thoughts and their effects?
we may only be limited by our imagination

Yes, more and more we will recognize the power of collective consciousness. I was recently watching a show on NatGeo called Year Million and this episode was called Mind Meld. It was about things like swarm intelligence. They talked about how human collective intelligence could one day be in the cloud and we could all communicate with our thoughts.

Here's a Company called UNU that's fun to play around with and uses a mix of artificial and human intelligence.

UNU unleashes the brainpower of groups, combining their knowledge, opinions, and instincts into a Swarm Intelligence that is often smarter and more insightful than the individuals would be alone. From sports and politics, to gaming and movies, you can ask UNU anything.

unu.ai...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RotterKirch

A friend of mine is a scientist and a businessman and he won't look at this kind of evidence

Scientists are as irrational as religious fanatics

Yes, some of them are. They have turned materialism into a religion. So they misuse Science to support their belief which isn't good. So any experiment or study that supports anything like this is blindly rejected. At the end of the day, you can ignore the evidence for only so long.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Right?

Where did you ever get the idea that the human mind isn't bound to the physical world? It is one of the main interfaces we use to interact with this reality.

Do you think that the view point of us being nothing more than electrical impulses in a mortal shell diminishes the possibilities of enjoying this reality?

Every electron or ion, when it moves through space, a nerve or neuron, generates a electromagnetic field. Some critters like hammerhead sharks have sensors that can detect these fields from the muscle movements of other creatures. If humans were able to do this, we would call it telepathy or intuition.

One of the main problems with designing electronic circuits is "crosstalk" - that's the EM field emitted by one cable actively interfering with the signalling of other adjacent cables. Do this deliberately, and we have wireless communication like radio, TV, Bluetooth, Wi-fi, NFC. It's take us years to figure out information theory and how to compress data so that video and audio could be transmitted through these channels.

Using cymatics, cymascopes and signal processing we are able to interpret dolphin sonar and see the images they are seeing:
inhabitat.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People with synthesia say that when they hear notes or music they see geometric patterns. This could be an explanation.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

A worthy thread topic for once. We shall await the outcome of the ‘experiment’.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

So this is proof that consciousness manifests reality !

So start thinking happy thoughts everyone

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Are we manifesting our reality?
This helps the argument for saying?: perhaps.
Not just "woo" anymore.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Like many parapsychologists, Radin ascribes to an interpretation of quantum mechanics that has now become unfashionable amongst physicists, namely, that it is the consciousness of the observer that causes collapse of the wave function of a system when he measures the eigenvalue of some quantum property that it possesses. This view, championed by physicists like Eugene Wigner in the 1980s, has been widely discarded by many physicists, who point out its absurd implications, such as that something supposedly physical that happened when the measurement took place only happens when the experimenter unlocks his lab in the morning and looks at the readings taken by his instruments. Clearly, that was the only time when "consciousness" became aware of what the property of the system his instruments had measured actually was, but the awareness that supposedly collapsed the wave function existed only AFTER the physical interactions that accompanied the measurement had taken place. Does Radin really want us to believe that the particle's wave function only collapsed because, and when, the experimenter had noted days later what the eigenvalue was of the the quantum property he had set up his apparatus earlier to measure? Does "consciousness" glancing at the data alter the thing that he was measuring? This is nonsense, and it is one reason why many physicists discarded this interpretation. Many of them (following Einstein) do not even believe that the wave function is a physical field that exists in space and collapses instantaneously when the system's property is measured. There is no such thing as literal wave collapse. The wave function is a non-local entity. The notion of "wave collapse" is nothing more than a metaphor based upon a false understanding of the measurement process.

So, when Radin says that he carried out an experiment that proved that consciousness can influence the degree of quantum entanglement or cause the collapse of the superposition of eigenstates of a quantum system, he is simply interpreting his experiment in such a way that it will confirm his prior belief that consciousness can affect matter at a distance. It is only one of many different ways of explaining how a conscious observer can influence the normal behaviour of matter. It may have absolutely NOTHING to do with "mind" or "consciousness". Parapsychologists tend to be dualists, which explains why none of them has ever came up with a convincing explanation for paranormal abilities like ESP and remote-viewing that they witness in their labs. It is not consciousness that science needs to understand, as parapsychologists would have you believe, but the nature of observer-based reality - both physical and superphysical. This requires abandoning duality (are you listening, Radin?) and seeking a monistic understanding of reality.
edit on 15-6-2017 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
No. Our minds are not bound to this rock. As much as some would like to think, we are free we only need to open our eyes and see the invisible bars in front of our faces.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

He talks about the problems with dualism in his last book. He says that is doesn't make sense that the mind could interact or influence matter if they are two completely separate domains. If they interact with each other then they are not separate. This book was written in 2013 before it was cool and trendy to talk about life being a computer simulation. I don't think he believes in a computer generated universe but he does bring up something along those lines called idealism or mental monism. This is the idea that all that there is is consciousness. The physical world, matter, and energy are all just mind made illusions. He didn't flat out say it, but I think he is leaning towards this idea rather than duality.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Number generators are not random. They use pseudo-random algorithms that only appear to be random to humans because they can't see the algorthm that the generator is using. If someone thinks they are altering the output in any way using their mind, they are flatly wrong. The number sequence was decided upon before the human even began observing it.

As for this test I suspect it's creepy-pasta pseudo-science.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Reminds me of a lot of Dan Winters material, I'm sure he's talked about this before. He talks about the physics of it from his electrical engineering perspective, and makes all sorts of interesting claims. Put thy flame in thy mind.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: xenon129
I just want to throw this in here because it's relevant to the topic of mind matter interactions.

www.space.com... -hubble.html It seems like every year, scientists say the Universe is expanding fasting than they previously believed.

That article is from 2016 but I heard a theory about 5 years ago that the Universe was expanding at a constant rate but now it is accelerating because we are observing it. This is pretty crazy to think about. It's clear that quantum particles can change behavior simply from observing it. Distance and time are irrelevant so I don't think it's totally impossible that this could happen. It's just on a larger scale but maybe the universe as a whole acts as one particle. One particle is the smallest scale so idk...the rabbit hole goes deep on that one.

What about non-humans observing the expansion of the universe? Wouldn't their observations also cause an increase in the rate of universal expansion?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

Number generators are not random. They use pseudo-random algorithms that only appear to be random to humans because they can't see the algorthm that the generator is using. If someone thinks they are altering the output in any way using their mind, they are flatly wrong. The number sequence was decided upon before the human even began observing it.

As for this test I suspect it's creepy-pasta pseudo-science.

In the past, they did these experiments with cosmic ray/radiation detectors. This would generate a pure random number sequence (might be Poisson distribution) of a few clicks/minute. The the test subject would be given instructions to either make the number of events rise or fall through concentration. It was subjective as the test subject would have to say whether the count rose or fell.

Maybe there should be something more practical. Like staring at a food item on a shelf (donuts, panini, burrito, burger) and seeing if that influences the person head of them and being asked to make a choice.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join