It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone here into yoga?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: Bluesma

what's up with the rude posts in here...go with your instincts....yoga brings the mind and body together..it is relaxing, strengthening, balance, and flexibility...even the greatest yogis had to start yoga at the beginning.....most of us don't get that far, but we still reap a lot of benefits...

find a dvd or online or cable ones and I hope you enjoy it!

...????? HOW was I rude?? I basically said the same thing as you just did. Did you make a mistake in addressing this to me?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
for the record i have been following along to yoga with adriene and have been killing it.

definitely glad i started

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
One needs only simple postures. Besides it is good to be vegetarian, it helps also the body to become flexible. Yoga postures help not only physical body, but also glands and hormone secretions and thus also psychic health, and are even spiritually uplifting.

Touch with cold water face, behind ears, arms, genitals before asanas, but don't touch water upto 15 minutes after. Avoid smoke and cold when you do asanas. Do asanas always before meals or wait couple hours if eaten. Massage body slightly and lie down for couple minutes after asanas.

In this relaxed state of body and mind, meditate at least five minutes. Human being is not only physical and psychic being but also spiritual. I hope these advises help!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

right on. I know lots of high level martial artists that enjoy yoga.

if you want to add a little something to it try Chinese Xi Sui Jing, Yi Jin Jing and Ba Duan Jing. theyre simple postures that focus on deep breathing and stretching. you'll feel very relaxed and clear headed after a session of doing them. .

if youre looking to build up functional strength in your legs look into Chinese Shi Ba Shi -Ji Ben Gong. its 18 basic movements used for stance training and leg conditioning. but it will give you phenominal leg strength through natural movements. and gives a ton of strengthening to your core muscles. you may dismiss it outright because it's shaolin and not juijitsu. but the excercises have been done since 492ad and have some serious gold in them on a superficial level for body conditioning and if you examine them a ton of insight will be gained regarding "entering" footwork for breaking your opponents footing and structural base. although that will take some advanced understanding to get initially if you're not used to southern Chinese hakka or south east Asian martial art footwork and grappling principles. (even though the excercises described above are from Northern Shaolin Long Chuan)

m.youtube.com...

looking for hip flexibility try kali or Javanese sempok, depok footwork drills. seriously challenging but will make your hip and leg strength beastly. if you have knee problems or rickety hips not recommended though. but will give you a challenge with a lot of benefits for working muscles in your legs and hips you never knew existed.

m.youtube.com...

try your hand at Javanese kambengan (flower dancing) bust out the Sundanese gamelan music and get flowing. you don't have to do anything as intricate as what's in the videos below but it can be meditative and get you supple again. plus it's rich culturally.

m.youtube.com...

m.youtube.com...

sundanese west java gamelan music. relaxing in its own way.

m.youtube.com...

if you want to forego all the leg work, or martial arts aspect of things a simple mind clearing exercise is Dharma circle walking meditation. it's simple. walk in a ten to fifteen foot circle at your own pace for 30 minutes and just stare at the floor directly in front of you. it's simple but profoundly effective.

either way glad you are getting into yoga and exploring the world of options it can lead you to. both physically, and meditatively.
edit on 6-3-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
India is the best place to do yoga, lots of people following. Now recently Indian PM Mrs Narendra Modi publish the Yoga video. I think you should watch on Youtube.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

The best workouts are the alternation of power and cardio for weight loss and the structuring of muscle mass. Plus in nutrition, fat-free protein. Good luck to you.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It's been awhile since I did any yoga, and even then I didn't do much.
I did take a few classes, figuring to get the fine points of proper positioning of my body.
Even the little bit I did created a LOT more flexibility for me.
Bottom line, a few classes may be worth the money and effort.

For home, I got a book called Yoga at your Wall. I took it to a Kinkos or place like that, had them slice off the spine and put it in a spiral to make it easier to use.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yeah just becareful of how boring it gets. Its not for everyone

top topics

<< 1   >>

join