It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America’s Descent Into Middle Eastern-Style Conspiracy-Theory Madness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah, but I seriously doubt this Russia crap started with him, as in it being his fault.

If your read is accurate, he's not that Machiavellian because according to you, he doesn't play that way.

I think a good portion of this is that the Beltway elite are simply pissed because the electorate rejected their carefully scripted narrative and candidates and returned an untenable result. Remember, I've been plain from the start that Trump wasn't my first choice, but that doesn't stop me from liking some of the things that have been done so far by him and it won't stop me from noticing that there isn't a shred of hard proof to back up this whole conspiracy yet.

But right now, the assertion has been made often enough that large portions of the populace do believe that and believe it's the gospel truth. That's dangerous.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Read the news for basic facts. Think a bit and figure out the hows and whys from there on your own. There's no reason to read 30 copies of a story. 1 is sufficient.

I disagree.

Maybe not in every circumstance, but if you want to see just what kind of spin and how much is being applied to a news story, the best way to do that is to take one news story and see how every source (from CNN to infowars) is reporting it.

That's how you get a clear idea of what network is pushing what narrative.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Maybe not in every circumstance, but if you want to see just what kind of spin and how much is being applied to a news story, the best way to do that is to take one news story and see how every source (from CNN to infowars) is reporting it.

That's how you get a clear idea of what network is pushing what narrative.

That's too time consuming. Spin is easy to notice. Don't read he spin. Facts plus knowing the process that usually happens is all you need.

I don't read spin, it removes a bunch of reading.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
But right now, the assertion has been made often enough that large portions of the populace do believe that and believe it's the gospel truth. That's dangerous.

In the election, Trump said he would clean up the press. I want to see if he's going to do it. I don't think it's legally within his powers to fix though. Media is driven by ratings. Truth tends to be boring.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Great thread!

Some 80% of the MSM is owned-by, run-by or openly associated with the Democrats. With this effectual State-run Media during the last Presidency, no wonder we had so many stories of Obama being a great singer, fantastic husband and all-round great guy while ignoring his deficiencies and, at times, craptacular leadership. The narrative is poisoned to jam that non-newsworthy crap down our throats to sway our opinions. Now we see the opposite in Trump - he's such a "bad man full of white male privilege". Boo.

So few of us can dissect this and see the major problem.

Now we must work out how to squash the partisan press, without stifling free speech.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

ah....911....the beginning of the "deep state" moving the pawns into positions...the Republic was lost then.

If it is a war between 2 competing "elite" factions I wonder what the touchdown would be...maybe a "nuke" and then the world say's never again like they did after WW1.

Usher in the one world "benevolent" autocracy.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Brilliant and thank you for such a great OP

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Most people in general take the 'narrative' hook, line and sinker. No one cross references any information...

Common sense has become uncommon sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
it boils down to this hillary's dirty laundry got outed people decided they did not like what they saw so they said wth and voted trump in office. now the people who really depended on her being in office got really upset because of there losing power and possibility of being outed themselves have out right bought the news media and told them exactly what they want them to say, don't believe me them rewatch total comey testimony then turn on the nightly nbc or abc news cast for that night and tell me they did not twist what he said to make it sound like trump was in bed with russians and stole election. If you do watch these news sources you will note not one og them mentioned anything about what comey had to say anout hillary clinton investigation or lorretta lynch ordering him to describe it as a matter not what it was. why do you think they left that out that is clear evidence of obstruction of justice by ag would you not consider that news? this is not made up hysteria but a blatant subversion of the facts to try to out a sitting president.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The "weaponization" think..........I get.

The rest? I'll have to read through it again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join