It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's lawyer to file complaint against Comey: report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: UKTruth

Dum Dum Dum

lol

The memo is a note of the meeting.

He told people of the FBI about the meeting not the memo. After he was fired colleagues from the FBI talked to the NYT and there was an article written. At that point there was still no memo being leaked.

Later Trump tweeted alluding to tapes.

On May 15 Comey then leaked his memo on the subject of the meeting.

Just because you are having a hard time understanding the events does not mean Comey lied.

It seems it is you having a hard time understanding that the contents of the memo were leaked on the 11th. Who exactly leaked it to the media we do not know.
It was either :

1) Comey's friend, in which case Comey lied under oath about his motivations for leaking and the timing.
2) The FBI, which can only be the small group of people that Comey talked about under oath - senior people, as Comey clearly stated that the information was not shared with the investigators.

Choose 1 or 2, there are no other options.

It can all be cleared up pretty quickly - the people at the FBI who saw the memo can be called in for questioning to determine which of them leaked or whether Comey committed perjury. Easy. Don't worry, I suspect the DoJ are on it.

edit on 9/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It seems it is you having a hard time understanding that the contents of the memo were leaked on the 11th.

Get this through your skull.

It wasn't the memo that was leaked on may 11th.

You have memo on the brain. Someone from the FBI told the NYT about Comeys meeting.

Comey keeps memos of meetings. He did not tell or show his colleagues the memo. He told them about the meeting on the condition that they do not discuss it publicly while he was F.B.I. director. All of which is legal and expected of a FBI director.

His colleagues talked to the NYT after he had been fired. It wasn't classified info and it isn't even a leak. Confidentiality had been kept per Comeys orders. Keep in mind that is confidentiality to Comey not Trump. Trump doesn't get confidentiality on such a meeting.

May 12 Trump tweeted.

At that point there is still no mention of a memo anywhere. There is nothing to do with any memo.

Are you caught up at this point?

Now May 15th Comey released his memo about the meeting.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It seems it is you having a hard time understanding that the contents of the memo were leaked on the 11th.

Get this through your skull.

It wasn't the memo that was leaked on may 11th.

You have memo on the brain. Someone from the FBI told the NYT about Comeys meeting.

Comey keeps memos of meetings. He did not tell or show his colleagues the memo. He told them about the meeting on the condition that they do not discuss it publicly while he was F.B.I. director. All of which is legal and expected of a FBI director.

His colleagues talked to the NYT after he had been fired. It wasn't classified info and it isn't even a leak. Confidentiality had been kept per Comeys orders. Keep in mind that is confidentiality to Comey not Trump. Trump doesn't get confidentiality on such a meeting.

May 12 Trump tweeted.

At that point there is still no mention of a memo anywhere. There is nothing to do with any memo.

Are you caught up at this point?

Now May 15th Comey released his memo about the meeting.

Wrong.
It was not the memo that was leaked on the 15th either - it was the content of the memo just like on the 11th. Comey CLEARLY stated that under oath.

Hope you are now caught up.

Also best not to drop in things you don;t actually know to prop up your narrative. We do not know who leaked the contents of the memo on the 11th - it may have been a small number of people within the FBI that Comey had shared it with, it may have been Comey's friend.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Go ahead and latch on to anything that will help your ego. I hope it helps.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Go ahead and latch on to anything that will help your ego. I hope it helps.

No, I just stay latched onto the truth, which is that the contents of the memo were leaked on 11th May by Comey's "associates".. we don't know who that is....and Comey said under oath he asked his friend to leak the content of the memo to the press after Trump's tweet on May 12th.

So, either Comey was lying under oath and he actually leaked to his friend before the tweet, or a small group of people in the FBI who saw the memo leaked its contents on the 11th. Like i said, 2 options, either of which will be useful to take down leakers.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

We do not know who leaked the contents of the memo on the 11th - it may have been a small number of people within the FBI that Comey had shared it with, it may have been Comey's friend.

Correction.

We do not know who Comey told about the meeting.

You have memo on the brain.

Why do you keep thinking he shared a memo with people he worked with. That is retarded. He told his colleagues about the meeting. There is no need to give them a memo.

He is on record talking about keeping memos about meetings for himself. They are not the type of memos that are distributed at the office.
edit on 9-6-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So, either Comey was lying under oath and he actually leaked to his friend before the tweet, or a small group of people in the FBI who saw the memo leaked its contents on the 11th. Like i said, 2 options, either of which will be useful to take down leakers.

3rd option. You have memo on the brain and do not seem to understand it doesn't require a memo to have a conversation with others.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

We do not know who leaked the contents of the memo on the 11th - it may have been a small number of people within the FBI that Comey had shared it with, it may have been Comey's friend.

Correction.

Why do keep thinking he shared a memo with people he worked with. That is retarded. He told his colleagues about the meeting. There is no need to give them a memo.

He is on record talking about keeping memos about meetings for himself. They are not the type of memos that are distributed at the office.

He said under oath that the content of his memo's were shared with only the leadership in the FBI. We do not know who leaked the story to the NYT for their story on the 11th. Thats a fact.

Back to my 2 options.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

3rd option. You have memo on the brain and do not seem to understand it doesn't require a memo to have a conversation with others.

I am talking about the content of the memo's. Option 3a - you don't understand the difference.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Correction.

Why do keep thinking he shared a memo with people he worked with. That is retarded. He told his colleagues about the meeting. There is no need to give them a memo.

Which of his former colleagues is going to fall on their sword for Comey and fess up that they leaked the information that Comey gave them? I mean, technically, you could be right. A former colleague could be the leaker for the article on the 11th but with the admission that the memos were leaked, do you think any of them will take the hit for Comey?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Comey only admitted to sharing one memo to one friend.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Wrong.

Q: Did you show copies of your memo's to anyone outside the department of justice?
A : Yes.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Correction.

Which of his former colleagues is going to fall on their sword for Comey and fess up that they leaked the information that Comey gave them? I mean, technically, you could be right. A former colleague could be the leaker for the article on the 11th but with the admission that the memos were leaked, do you think any of them will take the hit for Comey?

Who needs to take a hit and why?

No classified info was leaked. No laws were broken.

The ones who went to the NYT with the story were not breaking any laws either and they are protected from being exposed.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Correction.

The ones who went to the NYT with the story were not breaking any laws either and they are protected from being exposed.

There is some debate as to whether the leakers can get into trouble.
One thing that can happen is that if the leak on the 11th was from the FBI, those people can be fired. They are not protected from being exposed and losing their jobs.

If the leak on the 11th was not from the FBI, then Comey lied under oath and he could face a perjury charge.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Wrong.

Q: Did you show copies of your memo's to anyone outside the department of justice?

SEN. SUSAN COLLINS (R), MAINE: Did you show copies of your memos to anyone outside of the Department of Justice?

JAMES COMEY, FORMER FBI DIRECTOR: Yes.

COLLINS: And to whom did you show copies?

COMEY: I asked - the president tweeted on Friday, after I got fired, that I better hope there's not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night, on Monday night, because it didn't dawn on me originally, that there might be corroboration for our conversation, there might be a tape. And my judgment was, I needed to get that out into the public square. And so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well... "someone" knew about the existence of Comey's "memos" on May 11:

Beware Comey's 'protective paper trail': Former DOJ official May 11, 2017

Watch out President Trump because FBI Director James Comey keeps a "protective paper trail" says Matthew Miller, a former Department of Justice spokesperson under President Barack Obama.

A New York Times report on Thursday said Trump asked Comey to pledge loyalty to him in January, to which Comey declined.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Correction.

I'm not talking about whether it was classified or not. With Comey openly admitting that he leaked, the question becomes, when did he leak? Was his friend that had the memo responsible for the article printed on the 11th? If so, then the narrative that he leaked in response to Trump's tweet on the 12 is patently false. Therefore, in order to support Comey's story, someone else had to leak. Do you really think anyone is going to come out and admit it? I highly doubt it. Which then leaves Comey twisting in the wind because the default assumption will be his friend with the memo leaked and it was not in retaliation for Trump's tweet because that hadn't happened yet. This isn't about if any information was classified. It's about who shot their mouth off and when did they do it. It's about motivation. The timing tells the motivation.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Well... "someone" knew about the existence of Comey's "memos" on May 11:

It has been well known that he keeps meticulous memos. So yes people knew about the existence of them.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Wrong.

SEN. SUSAN COLLINS (R), MAINE: Did you show copies of your memos to anyone outside of the Department of Justice?

JAMES COMEY, FORMER FBI DIRECTOR: Yes.

COLLINS: And to whom did you show copies?

COMEY: I asked - the president tweeted on Friday, after I got fired, that I better hope there's not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night, on Monday night, because it didn't dawn on me originally, that there might be corroboration for our conversation, there might be a tape. And my judgment was, I needed to get that out into the public square. And so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter.

Yep - so he shared more than one memo... "memos"
He asked his friend to leak the content from one of them. All very clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join