It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's lawyer to file complaint against Comey: report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Big news breaking.

Trump's lawyer(s) might be ready to file some complaints connected with the new Comey boondoggle(s) from the June 8th Senate Hearing(s).

This could spell "D-o-u-b-l-e T-r-o-u-b-l-e"

Apparently CNN reported.

President Trump’s outside attorney is planning on filing a complaint against fired FBI Director James Comey with the Justice Department over his handling of memos on his interactions with the president, CNN reported Friday.

Sources tell CNN the complaint surrounds Comey’s testimony Thursday that as a private citizen he relayed the contents of his memos about his interactions with Trump to a friend of his and asked him to give the information to a reporter.

It is not yet known when Trump attorney Marc Kasowitz will file the complaints.
Comey said he needed to get the information to the public after he was fired by the president.

__

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just from the standpoint of future risk mitigation Trump HAS NO CHOICE but to file some sort of injunction to prevent future attacks on the administration.

The thing is if Comey can get up in front of the country and admit to leaking (politically motivated) information to the press regardless of the office he holds than others will follow suite if there are no repercussions and that's a dangerous slippery slope.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Good for him. He filed a complaint against Comey for releasing unclassified information AFTER he was fired. What a tool. And this is the same asshat that got on national TV and stated as fact that Trump did not say things during a conversation where he was not present. File away fake lawyer, file away.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Big news breaking.

Trump's lawyer(s) might be ready to file some complaints connected with the new Comey boondoggle(s) from the June 8th Senate Hearing(s).

This could spell "D-o-u-b-l-e T-r-o-u-b-l-e"

Apparently CNN reported.

President Trump’s outside attorney is planning on filing a complaint against fired FBI Director James Comey with the Justice Department over his handling of memos on his interactions with the president, CNN reported Friday.

Sources tell CNN the complaint surrounds Comey’s testimony Thursday that as a private citizen he relayed the contents of his memos about his interactions with Trump to a friend of his and asked him to give the information to a reporter.

It is not yet known when Trump attorney Marc Kasowitz will file the complaints.
Comey said he needed to get the information to the public after he was fired by the president.

__

You have to wonder why his private lawyer has to do it. No, you don't I guess.

Where is Jeff Sessions? Shouldn't he be saying he investigating this? Or is trumps lawyers public explanation top secret and we can't know about it?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Daniel Richman on the government pursuing leaks.
JULY 10, 2013

As Columbia law professor Daniel C. Richman observed, “I suspect there is a real desire on the part of the government to avoid pursuing the publication aspect if it can pursue the leak aspect. It would be so much neater and raise fewer constitutional issues.”

www.activistpost.com...

twitter.com...

edit on 9-6-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Good for him. He filed a complaint against Comey for releasing unclassified information AFTER he was fired. What a tool. And this is the same asshat that got on national TV and stated as fact that Trump did not say things during a conversation where he was not present. File away fake lawyer, file away.

Well this lawyer is pretty much Trump in lawyer form. It's not surprising he'd attempt something ridiculous like this. Keep in mind that he is merely filing a complaint. Not a legal injunction or anything. Likely nothing will come of this (and the Trump team may even see obstruction repercussions for retaliating against a whistleblower).

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

please probide a source that covers comeys actions as whistleblowing.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Trump claims everything Comey said was a lie. If Trump's claims are ture, then Comey did not reveal any privileged information. The fact that Trump immediately hired a $1500/hr. attorney to file this complaint...well, that tells me that Comey was 100% truthful in the hearings; otherwise, Trump has no complaint.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

please probide a source that covers comeys actions as whistleblowing.

Seeing as how you have a reading comprehension problem, let me help you out a bit:
"(and the Trump team may even see obstruction repercussions for retaliating against a whistleblower)."

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

so you have no source that would cover comeys actions as "whistleblowing"

typical

continue to spew nonsence bs thay MAY happen

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Trump claims everything Comey said was a lie. If Trump's claims are ture, then Comey did not reveal any privileged information. The fact that Trump immediately hired a $1500/hr. attorney to file this complaint...well, that tells me that Comey was 100% truthful in the hearings; otherwise, Trump has no complaint.

It's an easy fix! If it's true that Trump has tapes of their convos, proving Comey is lying, release them to the appropriate authorities!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I have a source, but it is just an opinion just like my words were. That's why I wasn't talking in definites. That's why I didn't feel like posting it, but here you go. Though I'm not sure why I did this, you'll probably just deliberately misunderstand something I said or is written in the article like you did with my first post.

Sorry I don't speak in definitives and absolutes like conservatives tend to do. I speak in possibilities and speculation until things actually happen.
edit on 9-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well now, this is getting interesting. Trump just gave a statement regarding Comey:
Trump Hints To Press He Has Tapes Of Comey: "You're Going To Be Very Disappointed, Don't Worry"

Reporter: "And you seem to be hinting that there are recordings of those conversations."

Trump: "I'm not hinting anything. I'll tell you about it over a very short period of time....Oh, you're going to be very disappointed when you hear the answer. Don't worry."

It sounds like those tapes do exist. When Trump says that the reporter will be disappointed, I take it that Trump is confident that the tapes will back up his version of events.
edit on 9-6-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Then Trump needs to stop talking about them and release them. Though I'm sure the longer he talks about them, the more likely they'll be subpoenaed anyways, much to the Hairpiece in Chief's chagrin.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

did you read the update to the story you sourced?

who owns the memos comey made and shared with his team that he leaked?
comey or the govt?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

so you have no source that would cover comeys actions as "whistleblowing"

typical

continue to spew nonsence bs thay MAY happen

It's a new charge of 'obstruction of whistle blowers' . I think it carries the death penalty.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Well now, this is getting interesting. Trump just gave a statement regarding Comey:
Trump Hints To Press He Has Tapes Of Comey: "You're Going To Be Very Disappointed, Don't Worry"

Reporter: "And you seem to be hinting that there are recordings of those conversations."

Trump: "I'm not hinting anything. I'll tell you about it over a very short period of time....Oh, you're going to be very disappointed when you hear the answer. Don't worry."

It sounds like those tapes do exist. When Trump says that the reporter will be disappointed, I take it that Trump is confident that the tapes will back up his version of events.

Trump also said he would go under oath to say he did not ask for loyalty and also never asked for Flynn to be let go.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

And now you know why I'm not speaking in definitives. Funny how that works right?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

It's an easy fix! If it's true that Trump has tapes of their convos, proving Comey is lying, release them to the appropriate authorities!

Why, when he can have so much fun in the mean time? He's under zero pressure with the status quo, so he can just toy with his enemies for a while and make them use up all their oxygen on whether he has tapes or not. The funniest thing is that his wind up tactics are now so well known he must be laughing at the fact they are still so effective.
edit on 9/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You do know they'll just eventually subpoena the tapes if he keeps alluding to their existence right? Won't be so fun for him then.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join