It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Election , Oh How We Laughed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Let's add this up : The Torys have us negotiating for a WORSE deal with the EU than before Brexit, called for an election after saying it wouldn't, failed to turn up at the debates and now is worse off than before the election, propped up by silly homo hating bigots who believe the earth is 6000 years old....lol....man, it doesn't get any better than this for me...If May doesn't get knifed in the back before the week is out I'll eat my shoe.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think it's because of the multiple parties involved.

Deals have to be made between what are sometimes shaky, at best, allies of the moment. Which can go south big-time.

We simply don't have that here with our idiotic two-party system.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Member of Parliament...I think.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: angeldoll

Member of Parliament...I think.

Correct.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Deals have to be made between what are sometimes shaky, at best, allies of the moment. Which can go south big-time.

There are some benefits of the 2 party system too.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: DaveEngland
a reply to: alldaylong

so being leader of the opposition is winning now? lmao

Please direct me to where i made such a comment.

I will await your answer, which won't arrive.

i'll answer, you said May lost and I said it was a funny loss seeing as shes forming the next government after a chat over a cup of tea with the queen and a deal with the DUP. Your man lost, he aint forming the next government, unless you say being the leader of the opposition is being a winner. Participation stars for everyone lmao

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DaveEngland

As i have already stated you have a deluded idea of what to win an election actually means.

You are still deluded.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The disadvantages seem to, at the moment, outweigh whatever advantages exist.

Plus I love watching the House of Commons in action--only thing missing sometimes are mp's calling each other out...

When the Prime Minister is answering questions--pure entertainment, most times. What is that called again?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Is that all you do, post newspaper front pages with no opinion, then cry delusional without explanation, did i join fb or ats?
Forming a government seems more of a win than being leader of the opposition in parliament
edit on 9-6-2017 by DaveEngland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If the opposition gains seats when most expected otherwise, if I followed it at all correctly (I find British politics confusing at the best of times...much less now.), shouldn't that be considered a win? Next election go 'round they gain more maybe, sounds like a win to me...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Bollocks.

American binary brained politics is never a good thing.

Our system as chaotic as it can get, at least it forces politicians from diffrent partys to SOMETIMES have to work together even if it is grudgingly.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FauxMulder
I'm always a little confused reading threads about UK politics.

The thing I like about the United Kingdom's politics is that they can yell at each in the place where they meet, the politics place, or whatever it's called.

I wish ours was more like that. Instead of 'The Gentleman from So And So will recognize the Chair' we can have them yell 'I said not to be stupid, you moron! Shut up! Sit down!'

I just love how they seem so polite and proper at the same time they are telling you off

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: UKTruth

Bollocks.

American binary brained politics is never a good thing.

Our system as chaotic as it can get, at least it forces politicians from diffrent partys to SOMETIMES have to work together even if it is grudgingly.

I didn't say it was a good thing - I said there are some benefits over our system.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If the opposition gains seats when most expected otherwise, if I followed it at all correctly (I find British politics confusing at the best of times...much less now.), shouldn't that be considered a win? Next election go 'round they gain more maybe, sounds like a win to me...

I see the winner as the leader who has a cup of tea with the queen and she says yeh I'll sign off you as the next prime minister. leader of the opposition aint winning, but they did win an increase in seats at parliament still a minority. Think of football, who cares who won the most tackles when the score means you lift the trophy

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Is that all you do, post newspaper front pages with no opinion, then cry delusional without explanation, did i join fb or ats?
Forming a government seems more of a win than being leader of the opposition in parliament

The U.K. now has a " Hung Parliament "

If you don't know what that means i have linked this from The BBC's Children's Web Site.

The UK general election has produced a 'hung Parliament'. That means that no single party has won enough Members of Parliament (MPs) to automatically be next in power

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 9-6-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

The disadvantages seem to, at the moment, outweigh whatever advantages exist.

Plus I love watching the House of Commons in action--only thing missing sometimes are mp's calling each other out...

When the Prime Minister is answering questions--pure entertainment, most times. What is that called again?

Most fun is had on Wednesdays - Prime Ministers Questions. The next one is going to be a hoot.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I wish I followed this election, but how do the results ultimately effect the importation of terrorism and extremism into the country?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The U.K. now has a " Hung Parliament "

If you don't know what that means i have linked this from The BBC's Children's Web Site.

The UK general election has produced a 'hung Parliament'. That means that no single party has won enough Members of Parliament (MPs) to automatically be next in power

www.bbc.co.uk...

Despite that, he is right that forging a govt and leading the country sure seems more of a win than being the leader of the opposition.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I know exactly what that means thanks, no need for the link, fact is May is forming the next government as prime minister and jezza aint.
lmfao you think that is winning, delusional for sure.
shes won striking a deal with the DUP, jezza lost because he cant strike a deal with anyone to stop that happening.
Delusional lmao, jezza is leader of the OPPOSITION in parliament

edit on 9-6-2017 by DaveEngland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I wish I followed this election, but how do the results ultimately effect the importation of terrorism and extremism into the country?

Probably in a bad way - a 'hard Brexit' would mean the UK would have full control of the borders, but now May has less power to negotiate (only a few rogue MP's in her party could slow her down), it's far more likely that the UK will have to give in to freedom of movement within the EU in a more 'soft brexit' deal...
edit on 9/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join