It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Election , Oh How We Laughed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

member of parliament represents local area called constituencies.
We vote for our local one, and if they are in a gang with over 326 of them then they form the government lol

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think she called it so that she could scupper Brexit, which she did not want any way as she was/is a remainer.
We are all being played.
She and the media were slagging corbyn off for talking to terrorists and she is now trying to form a govt with the DUP . Who are linked to Prodestant terrorists in N. Ireland.
Muslims over running our country? Perhaps if we were not bombing the sh*t outta their countries, then they would not be heading for Europe. If she goes then who will replace her? They are talking about Boris having a go at PM. Now that will be funny. He`s a back stabbing gobby tw*t and one of the Bullingdon club. Just what this country needs

edit on 9-6-2017 by illuminnaughty because: spelling check

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You run a two party system where we have several parties with differing number of MPs in the Commons , if their number is put together with the official opposition (labour) and is greater than the number of seats held by the government then the government need the support of others in the house who hold similar views , they don't have a majority to do what they want to do and must consult ... a good thing in my view.

The PM is the leader of the party and is voted for by party members.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: DaveEngland

In the U.S., MP is military police. So, what is MP?

MP= Member of Parliament...MOP would just look and sound stupid.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: xstealth

within a decade you'll live in a complete and total police state.

Kettle calling the pot black.

What does that have to do with reality?

So let me get this straight, you're willing to have an unlimited amount of muslim refugees come in just as long as you have a large enough police force on the street to protect you?

Isn't there already 25000 military on the streets? At least there was, that's a complete disaster and a police state.

It was five thousand troops and, other than special forces response units, they are mostly engaged in static guarding of key sites, to free police from those roles and increase their presence. That is reality

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Member of Parliament! ( I'm having a really "duh" moment. Should have figured that one out.) thanks!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

OK, that makes more sense of this. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The Tory Party. The gift that keeps on giving.

Tory MP Crispin Blunt has stated "the electorate plainly have got it wrong"

Just how arrogant can they get ? Well with a name like Crispin i am not surprised.

www.scoopnest.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well done, England! Here in Canada — most of us seem to be proud of our cousins. The amount of votes the Labour Party received gives me hope. The younger generation has spoken.

...but life isn't that simple when dealing with politicians and I can guarantee that at this very moment plots are being hatched and contenders are manoeuvring to gain support in the face of her disastrous election campaign and embarrassing electoral performance.

One can only hope! Someone should call her a flaming cab immediately.

Btw, this tweet had me rolling:

It got the ish re-tweeted out of it. As you can see—I too obliged.

Once again thank you Mr's May , what a perfect way to start my holiday

Enjoy your holiday, my friend.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Conservatives are still forming next government doing a deal with unionist DUP party in n.ireland to get the majority in parliament, two hard faced female leaders of two hard faced political parties, Theresay may has already seen the queen and shes cool with them forming the government. Labour lost because they are now the opposition.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Cat got your tongue? Should we reply with a newspaper frontpage or summat?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaveEngland

Cat got your tongue? Should we reply with a newspaper frontpage or summat?

Do what you want.

I'm not bothered.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Labour lost because they are now the opposition.

Labour won because they increased their number of seats and Corbyn came out as an electoral asset rather than the car crash most were expecting , they were a weak opposition before the election now they have strength in opposition to a weak government.
Theresa May will limp on as long as she can but her days as Tory leader and PM are numbered.

****Please don't let it be Boris****

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The winner forms the government and has a cup of tea with the queen who says yeah i'll sign that off. Jezza aint doing that so he is the loser of yesterdays election but may is just battlescarred same as sturgeon lol, forming a government is the prize dont paint a turd with silver hammerite paint and stop it beiong a turd lol

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The winner forms the government

What winner ?

The Tories didn't " win " the election. They failed to get a majority. All they had was most seats

Do you actually know what winning an election means ?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

they got more mp's than any other party, May had tea and cucumber sandwiches with the queen who said cool form a government in a deal with the DUP, May won, Jezza lost lmao. Calling him a winner as leader of the official opposition is the wildest vistory claims from the left ive ever heard!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

they got more mp's than any other party, May had tea and cucumber sandwiches with the queen who said cool form a government in a deal with the DUP, May won, Jezza lost lmao. Calling him a winner as leader of the official opposition is the wildest vistory claims from the left ive ever heard!

You have a deluded idea of what winning an election means.

In your mind to win an election means you have to do a deal with another party to allow to govern.

Man............... how strange you are.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

so being leader of the opposition is winning now? lmao

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

so being leader of the opposition is winning now? lmao

Please direct me to where i made such a comment.

I will await your answer, which won't arrive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join