It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey may be in legal jeopardy according to FBI employment agreement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Giant controversies coming out about xFBI Director James Comey's admitted leaking of information.

One possibility is he violated some agreements, standard and otherwise, and maybe even some laws.

Disputes of dates and times have come up too, along with some possible perjury by Comey during Senate hearings yesterday.

Regardless of who did what when, the obvious problem is we now have a former Director of the FBI saying he is a leaker.

That alone suggests Comey may have leaked material in the past !!

Trump's lawyer is possibly going to file some complaints as well.

Sticky-Wicked

Fired FBI Director James Comey may be in civil and criminal jeopardy as his disclosure of the Trump memos appears to violate the FBI employment contract.

2. All information acquired by me in connection with my official duties with the FBI and all official material to which I have access remain the property of the United States of America. I will surrender upon demand by the FBI, or upon my separation from the FBI, all materials containing FBI information in my possession.
3. I will not reveal, by any means, any information or material from or related to FBI files or any other information acquired by virtue of my official employment to any unauthorized recipient without prior official written authorization by the FBI.

If Comey did not receive prior written authorization to leak the memos of his conversations with the President, he could face a civil lawsuit from Trump at a minimum and possibly a criminal indictment. It certainly proves that he needed to be fired.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What do legalities matter when Comey's feelings were hurt.

You must feel sorry for a manlet being intimidated, legalities be damned.

The poor man, Head of the most powerful domestic force in the land, didn't FEEL comfortable talking with the sitting POTUS.

Impeach the bastard already. FEELINGS were hurt!

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Keep grasping at straws.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Keep grasping at straws.

Reading the contract, it does appear that he violated it.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Keep grasping at straws.

That's what you said the last time I was right.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The deep state is getting it's ass kicked!

Go Trump!

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Giant controversies coming out about xFBI Director James Comey's admitted leaking of information.

One possibility is he violated some agreements, standard and otherwise, and maybe even some laws.

Disputes of dates and times have come up too, along with some possible perjury by Comey during Senate hearings yesterday.

Regardless of who did what when, the obvious problem is we now have a former Director of the FBI saying he is a leaker.

That alone suggests Comey may have leaked material in the past !!

Trump's lawyer is possibly going to file some complaints as well.

Sticky-Wicked

Fired FBI Director James Comey may be in civil and criminal jeopardy as his disclosure of the Trump memos appears to violate the FBI employment contract.

2. All information acquired by me in connection with my official duties with the FBI and all official material to which I have access remain the property of the United States of America. I will surrender upon demand by the FBI, or upon my separation from the FBI, all materials containing FBI information in my possession.
3. I will not reveal, by any means, any information or material from or related to FBI files or any other information acquired by virtue of my official employment to any unauthorized recipient without prior official written authorization by the FBI.

If Comey did not receive prior written authorization to leak the memos of his conversations with the President, he could face a civil lawsuit from Trump at a minimum and possibly a criminal indictment. It certainly proves that he needed to be fired.

Uh then why are people like trey Gowdy not saying anything?

Because it's fake news.

Just to get some facts up

Trump is looking to file a complaint with the inspector general, whom comey is not employed by.

Two, no classified info, was not employed by fbi.

Three he laid out a perfect whistleblower argument which everyone including Mueller and people like Graham and Gowdy are aware of knows it.

Fourth defamation/retaliation clauses in whistle-blower laws.

My friend James comey knows exactly what he did and where the lines are, he is a top lawyer in the us regardless of how the news projects him.

If trump had not made officials statements regarding the case there would be a real problem

But then again comey would have known that as well,seeing as he has been a top prosecutor and head of the fbi.

Fake news.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

So Comey gives material to a "Friend" who's not in government.

And the "Friend" gives some material to the press.

And how do we know what was not given to the press ?

I say the classified stuff was there.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The President's lawyer will file an official complaint with the DoJ with respect to Comey's leaking.

edition.cnn.com...

www.wsj.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

thehill.com...

www.theguardian.com...

Given the sources, it IS true that this could be fake news.. that has to be the standing assumption for comedy sources like CNN, WSJ, CBS, Guardian etc.... but sometimes they are right, so we'll see.
edit on 9/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Could be, but it's rampant speculation.

May as well tune in to Alex Jones prediction.

Here is mine and you can call me out on it if it fails

Trump's lawyer realizes he would further look like he is obstructing after his client already tweeted why he fired comey, and partly defamed him and the fbi (already in whistle-blower territory)

If this info is truly OK after filing a complaint now trump looks like he just didn't like what comey said and looks like he is furthering his obstruction like behaviour.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He probably did it because the hidden hand power structure (Lynn Rothschild) would kill him if he didn't throw himself under the bus to take the heat off of Lynch and Clinton on the tarmac.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Keep grasping at straws.

2 threads in a row you have drive-byed... Come on man, at least say how. But simply saying what you have above is partisan crap that is what ATS is supposed to be above... Denying ignorance, not typing a plainly ignorant post.

This contract seems to say Comey violated his contract. He was in a position to know things that you and I shouldn't. Of course that is going to be built into his contract. Intelligence or notes that he has, no matter how large or small is property of the government, he leaked that.

Is that grasping at straws when laid out this way?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The President's lawyer will file an official complaint with the DoJ with respect to Comey's leaking.

edition.cnn.com...

www.wsj.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

thehill.com...

www.theguardian.com...

Comey hung himself.

Nope.

Not even close.

First off a complaint would do what by the solicitor general?

Does he work at the doj?

Did trump defame James comey, and try and silence the case? Hmm. Lots to think about in the real legal world when you turn off the msm

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Trump's lawyer realizes he would further look like he is obstructing after his client already tweeted why he fired comey, and partly defamed him and the fbi (already in whistle-blower territory)

If this info is truly OK after filing a complaint now trump looks like he just didn't like what comey said and looks like he is furthering his obstruction like behaviour.

Nonsense, this is a specific issue of leaking privileged conversations with the President - IF the information in the OP is correct, the Comey is in trouble.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Conservativedailynews thinks he broke the law? WaPo thinks he is fine since the notes he released weren't classified to begin with.
There’s no indication Comey violated the law. Trump may be about to

As the news broke, I was on the phone with Stephen Kohn, partner at a law firm focused on whistleblower protection. We’d been talking about where the boundaries lay for Comey in what he could and couldn’t do with the information about his conversations with the president. Kohn’s response to the story about Kasowitz, though, was visceral.

“Here is my position on that: Frivolous grandstanding,” he said. “First of all, I don’t believe the inspector general would have jurisdiction over Comey any more, because he’s no longer a federal employee.” The inspector general’s job is to investigate wrongdoing by employees of the Justice Department, which Comey is no longer, thanks to Trump — though the IG would have the ability to investigate an allegation of criminal misconduct.

“But, second,” he continued, “initiating an investigation because you don’t like somebody’s testimony could be considered obstruction. And in the whistleblower context, it’s both evidence of retaliation and, under some laws, could be an adverse retaliatory act itself.”

In other words, Comey, here, is an employee who is blowing the whistle, to use the idiom, on his former boss. That boss wants to punish him for doing so. That’s problematic — especially if there’s no evidence that Comey actually violated any law that would trigger punishment.
Comey testified under oath that, following a conversation with Trump in the Oval Office, he wrote a memo documenting what was said. Last month, he provided that memo to a friend and asked that it be shared with the New York Times.

That, as described, is not illegal, Kohn said.

“Obviously you can report on a conversation with the president,” he said. “What the president does isn’t confidential or classified.” There is the principle of “executive privilege,” which protects the president’s deliberative process as he does his job. But that wouldn’t cover a conversation like the one between Comey and Trump.

Believe what you want, but I wouldn't be jumping the gun here until charges are actually brought against him.
edit on 9-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Nonsense, this is a specific issue of leaking privileged conversations with the President - IF the information in the OP is correct, the Comey is in trouble.

Agreed.

I think we can make a case that everyone is guilty of something...just got to find it.

link   

Uh then why are people like trey Gowdy not saying anything?

He won't be directly commenting about new on-going investigations.

link   

edition.cnn.com...

www.wsj.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

thehill.com...

www.theguardian.com...

Comey hung himself.

Nope.

Not even close.

First off a complaint would do what by the solicitor general?

Does he work at the doj?

Did trump defame James comey, and try and silence the case? Hmm. Lots to think about in the real legal world when you turn off the msm

Reading the news articles, they are going after him for perjury too. It is possible given the sources that it is untrue (I mean CNN is FAKE news after all).. but we'll see.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Comey being a leaker was rampant speculation a few months ago too.

Until Yesterday.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: luthier

So Comey gives material to a "Friend" who's not in government.

And the "Friend" gives some material to the press.

And how do we know what was not given to the press ?

I say the classified stuff was there.

This might be about to get a whole lot worse for Comey. For some reason the fact that Trump's lawyer did actually say that Trump NEVER asked for loyalty and also NEVER asked for Flynn to be 'let go' it has not got much air time.. I guess because the Comey hearing was such a let down for the left it hardly matters now. However, that clear denial may now be followed with a legal counter...the articles linked say they are filing complaint for false statements relating to these two points... not just leaking...

...are there tapes after all????

edit on 9/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join