It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your Children are disposable vermin"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: beachbound

Oh god the exceptionalism is utterly impossible to penetrate.

Let me explain something. Wherever you happen to be on this planet, if you are behind bars and not walking around free, you are considered to be incarcerated, imprisoned, a prisoner. This means that you were jailed.

Location is utterly irrelevant to the issue!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Perhaps simpler context then?
The post that you responded stated that that member 'doubted that he would go to prison' to which you responded 'Why would he not go to jail?'.
I merely was explaining the difference.
He will likely serve some jail time in my opinion although I also doubt the crime will involve prison.
It's really a matter of sentence length where one serves their time.

Sorry if that seemed I was being exceptional. I was merely trying to be helpful, apparently not wanted so, and I won't assume that you don't know the difference again.

I DO hope you have a fantastic day though!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
www.dnainfo.com...

So the jerk will just be charged with a misdemeanor.

THE LOOP — A Chicago man who had coffee spilled on him at a Loop Starbucks is facing misdemeanor charges after allegedly spitting on people, punching a man and hurling racial slurs in a videotaped tirade.

With his double standards I hope he ends up flipping hamburgers at a fast food place.

The public posts on Boucher's Facebook page contain many references to his belief in God and his hopes of becoming a successful businessman. Several photos show him posing with diverse groups of people at events for entrepreneurs.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: beachbound

Sorry beachbound. That came off harsh, and it was.

I will reign that in, in future. My sincerest apologies. You have a good day too!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Its a nasty society and its getting increasingly worse.

Let the games go on!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The way it works in Cook County is that you are sent to a County jail until you see a judge for bail. If you can not make bail or for whatever reason are not allowed bail. You stay in County until you stand before a judge again. Then you plead or go to trial. While you are on trial you stay in County jail. When the trial is over and you are sentenced, you are then sent to a prison where you will serve the remainder of your sentence.

No exceptionalism required. It is just how it is here in the States, specifically Cook County. A County jail stay is short term. Usually no longer than a month, unless it is a complicated trial. So while you are behind bars and not walking around free, and are considered to be incarcerated, imprisoned, a prisoner. It is usually bunk bed style in a dormitory type area with twenty or thirty people, not cells with bars and a cellmate named Bubba. And because it is short term, many of the stereotypical prison shenanigans do not take place.

So in Cook County there is a distinction between a jail and a prison. While the distinction might be colloquial. I am sure no offense or American Exceptionalism was implied.

The scumbag the OP is about, will probably spend a few weeks in Cook County jail, plead guilty, and then be released with time served.

edit on 9-6-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Caffeine rage is real, just like road rage. I've seen it in action. You do not cut into the coffee line at one of the Starbucks I sometimes frequent or people will get out of their cars and come yell at you to put you in your place.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Its a nasty society and its getting increasingly worse.

Let the games go on!

This is the truth. People are just too self-absorbed to have any sense of perspective or thoughts of others.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So true, True. The big guy he pops his racist mouth off to will say "Boy, I've been in here for 15 years. You look just like Marilyn Monroe to me".

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

His day got off to a bad start when he chose the 'light-coloured suit' instead of normal clothes. That's where he screwed up.

Decisions, decisions...

The coffee spillage would not have mattered on a pair of jeans and comfortable tee. Coffee should own some of this too.

Racism and animosity are ironically colour blind - the common denominator is assholes.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I don't know what the laws are where this occurred, but in some states, spitting on someone falls into the category of assault and battery, it is a criminal offense, even if no harm is done.

If the person is identified to have HIV, charges can be brought for attempted murder.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I agree.
Heck I won't even wear a light coloured shirt out of fear that it will be covered in something in less than 30 minutes.
White pants...forget about it. Not a freakin chance.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: seasonal

He struck a homeless man, racially abused several citizens, and disturbed the peace.

Why would he not go to jail?

He can almost certainly plea this into parole or a fine.

We've got better things to use prison on. Sending someone to prison also effectively takes them out of the work force for life, as they lose their job and will have extreme difficulty in getting another one. Does it benefit society to remove this mans ability to support himself? A fine would be much better, it's still painful and it keeps him working.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Shortcomings and insecurities in life much? He needs jail time for that and some help before he becomes a real American Psycho. These racist rants/ some coupled with violence appear to be happening every day now, or at least shared that way by media, as a sort of self radicalization.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

? Are you talking about drive-throughs? The OP said it was a line inside a starbucks.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

His morning would have started with a mirror and a straw. Sniff, sniff, snort. What else gives someone the giant balls to wear a light suit and abuse a crowd?

White pants...forget about it. Not a freakin chance.

Only boy band members and middle-aged gay men own white pants in the UK. Then again, it's overcast with a chance of rain for 10 months a year and overcast for the rest.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

People prone to that sort of behaviour should be inconvenienced by their attitudes. The worse their attitude problem, the longer their inconvenience ought to last. He should be forced to the lowest rung on the social ladder, and made humble by it.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The beegees? Noooo!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah

The beegees? Noooo!

Lol. Let's exempt the Bee Gees. They can get away with white teeth, Raybans in winter and white suits in darkest England.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

LOL.. Ok fair enough! haha!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join