It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Pride rejects Gays for Trump float for parade

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Again, I say the alt-right doesn't want to give an inch to the LGBTQ community, and since they lost on the same-sex marriage deal, they're gonna try to win with oppressing the trans population any way they can.

Is Trump all in with that strategy? I don't really think so - I think he doesn't care all that much either way and just wants to pander to his base.

Fortunately Trump is not 'all in' on such a ridiculous waste of time as where one goes to the toilet.

Really he's just pandering to all sides. But having Pence as VP certainly doesn't help his position.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Again, I say the alt-right doesn't want to give an inch to the LGBTQ community, and since they lost on the same-sex marriage deal, they're gonna try to win with oppressing the trans population any way they can.

Is Trump all in with that strategy? I don't really think so - I think he doesn't care all that much either way and just wants to pander to his base.

Fortunately Trump is not 'all in' on such a ridiculous waste of time as where one goes to the toilet.

Well apparently he is all in on letting red states be as discriminatory as they want.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well apparently he is all in on letting red states be as discriminatory as they want.

Your Trump Derangement Syndrome strikes again.
Seriously, he is not out to get the LGBTQ community - nothing points to that.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm laughing because of how far off the topic we have gone.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ah, once again the most LGBT friendly national level Republican I've ever seen and the activist wing of the LGBT organizations continue to treat him as if he was their worst enemy...

Keep it up idiots, you're only driving the moderates and sane voters (including those in the gay community) away from your betrothed party's candidates in the future.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

LOL. Childish name calling. Don't be a baby. Nobody is saying that he is out to get the LGBT community. She's just pointing out that he doesn't seem to care about the possibility of states discriminating them.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

He's just not going to do anything to stop his base from taking away civil and human rights. Gotta keep that base happy so they'll vote for him in 2020.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

He's just not going to do anything to stop his base from taking away civil and human rights. Gotta keep that base happy so they'll vote for him in 2020.

What are you envisioning is happening or going to happen to take away civil and human rights? List out the specifics of the apocalyptic world you are so afraid of.
edit on 9/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

What are you envisioning is happening or going to happen to take away civil and human rights? List out the specifics of the apocalyptic world you are so afraid of.

We've got states who are jumping on legislation to stop trans kids from using the restroom of their gender identity, just as soon as Trump's admin dropped the protections. My state of Texas is battling this out in Congress right now.

Trump has said that he would like it if he could get enough conservative justices on the Supreme Court to overturn same-sex marriage rights, so that states could once again shut gay couples out of legal licensing.

Shoot, I could see states making homosexuality illegal again or even having state-mandated reparation therapy, if Trump has his way of letting states decide these things.
edit on 9-6-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Accusing others of fearing the apocalyptic world and yet people are terrified of Muslims here on ATS.
TOP KEK.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: AboveBoard

If they are allowed they get to have pics for Trump publicity and advertise how they think he is pro-gay (regardless of what he and Pence have actually done

Just what have Trump and Pence done, exactly?

Care to elaborate?

You will never win the argument with some of the anti-Trumpers, CW. I've been explaining for some time that there ARE conservative gays out there. More than just a few. Trump has shown no sign of being anti-gay in my oh so gay opinion. Pence is another matter. They will twist and turn, trying to prove Trump is anti-gay.

Of course there are conservative gay people! They are often professionals with money, status and no kids. Their economic situation can mean they lean conservative on fiscal issues and their lack of family life/no personal desire regarding marriage, means they aren't as gung-ho on social issues.

I have no problem with conservative Republican gays. They are not likely to be into the evangelical Christian social engineering stuff nor the lefts human rights crusade.

I do think the Trump float was a poke-in-the-eye and an attempt to create conflict. That's my opinion. Why? It was way more political than it needed to be for this event. I call "trolling."

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

We've got states who are jumping on legislation to stop trans kids from using the restroom of their gender identity, just as soon as Trump's admin dropped the protections. My state of Texas is battling this out in Congress right now.

Trump has said that he would like it if he could get enough conservative justices on the Supreme Court to overturn same-sex marriage rights, so that states could once again shut gay couples out of legal licensing.

Shoot, I could see states making homosexuality illegal again or even having state-mandated reparation therapy, if Trump has his way of letting states decide these things.

So having no federal govt intervention on where one can go to the toilet and allowing devout Christians not to bake cakes for gay marriages is the nightmare scenario you are afraid of? OK.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I guess you think the government had no need to dictate where black people were allowed to sit on the bus either.

Where a boy who thinks he is a girl wants to pee is not really a matter for the govt.
I don't compare that to racial segregation.

Get a grip.

It boils down to the same thing they are both hated for what they are.

It's funny to hear the knuckledraggers cry that gays are getting special rights and privileges when in reality they are finally getting equal rights. The right wingers are just too stupid to figure that one out.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wait, I thought it was LGBT? What in the world does this Q mean?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

LGBTQ
ABBREVIATION

lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, and queer (or questioning).

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Queers like some people in this thread.

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

It gets worse... some now refer to LGBTQIA ....lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, and asexual or allied.

No doubt there will not be enough letters soon and then the alphabet will be accused of being bigoted.
edit on 9/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It certainly wasn't nightmare for the black people in the 60's.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So having no federal govt intervention on where one can go to the toilet and allowing devout Christians not to bake cakes for gay marriages is the nightmare scenario you are afraid of? OK.

The founders of this nation were afraid of any religion especially Christians getting their way in this nation. Why do you think we have that little part in Amendment I that says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion".

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I guess you didn't read my post that you quoted.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join