It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Pride rejects Gays for Trump float for parade

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't have a problem with this. Its their community, its their parade. Let'em do what they want as long as they aren't breaking the law.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Trump talks the talk that he is an ally of the LGBTQ community, but his administration rolled back protections for trans kids in schools that Obama had put in place.

A letter jointly issued Wednesday by the Department of Justice and the Department of Education announced that the agencies are "withdrawing the statements of policy and guidance" issued last year by the Obama administration that allowed students to use restrooms of their chosen gender.

www.usatoday.com...

He also has stated that same sex marriage should be left up to the states. This implies that he thinks it's okay for a state to discriminate against gays who want to get marriage licenses.

“They have ruled on it. I wish it was done by the states,” Mr. Trump told “Fox New Sunday,” saying he would appoint judges who think differently than the current slate.
Fox host Chris Wallace asked if that meant Mr. Trump would appoint justices who would want to overturn last year’s decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which held that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry. But the real estate mogul didn’t fully commit himself to an answer.
“I would strongly consider that, yes,” he said.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Both these examples go against the principles of Charlotte Pride and certainly are not in favor of the LGBTQ community.

Good. Absolutely no need for the Govt to be dictating on bathrooms. This has nothing to do with Trump's stance on the LGBTQ (whatever) community.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Yes I know the alt-right doesn't want to accept this, but as parents of trans kids, they are the ones causing the suicides.

"The only way I will rest in peace is if one day transgender people aren't treated the way I was, they're treated like humans, with valid feelings and human rights," Alcorn wrote in a post on Tumblr.

Her parents, she wrote, wanted her to be a "perfect little straight Christian boy."

An analysis of the survey responses by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and UCLA Law School's Williams Institute last January showed transgender people who experienced rejection by family and friends, discrimination, victimization, or violence have a higher risk of attempting suicide.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I guess you think the government had no need to dictate where black people were allowed to sit on the bus either.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

I guess you think the government had no need to dictate where black people were allowed to sit on the bus either.

Where a boy who thinks he is a girl wants to pee is not really a matter for the govt.
I don't compare that to racial segregation.

Get a grip.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: AboveBoard

If they are allowed they get to have pics for Trump publicity and advertise how they think he is pro-gay (regardless of what he and Pence have actually done

Just what have Trump and Pence done, exactly?

Care to elaborate?

Well Trump asked Pence to be his VP. Pence believes in "conversion therapy" for gays. They no longer protect trans students at schools and are leaving this human rights issue up to the states, which means they are ok with discrimination.

Just a few things... That's off the top of my head.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Thanks for your insight pseudo-psychologist.

You are more than welcome, I don't mind pushing people away from a life wrecking situation imposed by emotion based parents.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Again, I say the alt-right doesn't want to give an inch to the LGBTQ community, and since they lost on the same-sex marriage deal, they're gonna try to win with oppressing the trans population any way they can.

Is Trump all in with that strategy? I don't really think so - I think he doesn't care all that much either way and just wants to pander to his base.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Your whole approach to this is Transgender Supremacy (where all social group supremacy is evil and barbaric).

And this particular form of supremacy is the most perverse.

If you were at all willing to leave kindergartners out of this, at all willing to compromise, then you might have a ism to stand on.

Your whole movement is hell bent on sacrificing the SAFE SPACES of every school girl from K-12 (and dont twist my words here) as under Obama's edict ANY and ALL kids who merely claim they should be in there get to be (even if not exhibiting outward signs of their affliction), meaning sexual predator boys can justify being in the girls room to act out their perversions.

It's a scheme to encourage kids to go in there, to get into 'the scene', which if anything opens more kids up to painting a bullseye on their backs.

At the same time its enabling perverts to act out and increase the likelihood of mature into sexual predators.

All in the name of the social engineering of SJW Supremacy (of the Transgender Variety in this case); all rationalized so transgender folks (.7% of the population) wont have to feel like such minorities.

If someone saying special cases shouldn't be made is one thing, but MANDATORY enforcement and wide open all ages encouragement is insanity.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yeah let's wreck transgender children's lives by ignoring their gender dysphoria and forcing them to be who they are not.
Good idea.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Stop fear mongering. Plenty of schools around the country were letting trans kids use the proper restroom for their gender identity, and we didn't have any instances of posers sneaking in and leering at the girls or attacking the girls.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Yeah let's wreck transgender children's lives by ignoring their gender dysphoria and forcing them to be who they are not.
Good idea.

You know what would be a good idea, getting them the help they need and not putting a bandaid on it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Yes I know the alt-right doesn't want to accept this, but as parents of trans kids, they are the ones causing the suicides.

"The only way I will rest in peace is if one day transgender people aren't treated the way I was, they're treated like humans, with valid feelings and human rights," Alcorn wrote in a post on Tumblr.

Her parents, she wrote, wanted her to be a "perfect little straight Christian boy."

An analysis of the survey responses by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and UCLA Law School's Williams Institute last January showed transgender people who experienced rejection by family and friends, discrimination, victimization, or violence have a higher risk of attempting suicide.

www.usatoday.com...

The alt right?
What does politics have to do with failure to lead children during their identity development?

Get real, they will be damaged from it.

They will be ridiculed by everyone in school, that has nothing to do with politics.

It is probably the most destructive thing you could do to a child, and entertaining the wrong side of a normal phase of development for their own selfish reasons.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Good idea.

You know what would be a good idea, getting them the help they need and not putting a bandaid on it.

Um they are doing exactly that. Haven't you been paying attention?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Good idea.

Or they could just grow up, stop projecting onto them, naming it dysphoria, and lead like you are shaping them for success, not suicide.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Good idea.

Really? How does telling a boy that it's okay to be a girl help?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

The alt right?
What does politics have to do with failure to lead children during their identity development?

It has to do with a certain ignorant mindset that trans people are "mentally ill freaks" who don't really deserve much consideration other than a kick in the pants.

Get real, they will be damaged from it.

They will be ridiculed by everyone in school, that has nothing to do with politics.

They are damaged when they are ridiculed/ignored/unsupported by their parents.

It is probably the most destructive thing you could do to a child, and entertaining the wrong side of a normal phase of development for their own selfish reasons.

No. The most destructive thing you could do to a child with gender dysphoria is tell them to be quiet and accept that they are the gender that matches their body, like Leelah Alcorn's parents did. You know, the trans kid who jumped in front of a truck on the highway?

link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Good idea.

Or they could just grow up, stop projecting onto them, naming it dysphoria, and lead like you are shaping them for success, not suicide.

Projecting onto them? Who? And you think the neuroscientists and psychiatrists are lying about gender dysphoria? Are you even aware that transgender children are not happy until they be who they are naturally. The people projecting onto them are usually Christians and people like you who want to force them to deny their true self.

link   

Again, I say the alt-right doesn't want to give an inch to the LGBTQ community, and since they lost on the same-sex marriage deal, they're gonna try to win with oppressing the trans population any way they can.

Is Trump all in with that strategy? I don't really think so - I think he doesn't care all that much either way and just wants to pander to his base.

Fortunately Trump is not 'all in' on such a ridiculous waste of time as where one goes to the toilet.
edit on 9/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Good idea.

Really? How does telling a boy that it's okay to be a girl help?

Nobody is telling them silly. They ALREADY are born that way. Nobody has to tell them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join