It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Pride rejects Gays for Trump float for parade

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
I was going to say that I don't see the real reason until I read Kaylaluv's post. But still I'll admit that it's a bit odd.

It may seem a bit odd, but if they feel that particular group, Gays for Trump, do not align with their organizational goals, they have the right to exclude them from their activities.

Just because they are a group of homosexuals, does not mean they are doing anything to further the LGBTQ agenda of that particular organization.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Trump talks the talk that he is an ally of the LGBTQ community, but his administration rolled back protections for trans kids in schools that Obama had put in place.

We have gone round in circles on this issue many times in the past, kayla. And each time I tell you that the federal guidelines that Obama implemented did not include a mandatory psychological evaluation, despite having lobbied the APA to lump trans into a condition known as gender dysphoria.

This doesn't mean that Trump hates trans people, it just means that he wants to see more emphasis on the mental health side of the spectrum before arbitrarily awarding some students with more rights and privileges than others.

He also has stated that same sex marriage should be left up to the states. This implies that he thinks it's okay for a state to discriminate against gays who want to get marriage licenses.

I'm so glad you brought this up, this topic never gets old to me.

Essentially, this is what I said to my gay friends when gay marriage became legal by the supreme court:

"This is all fine and dandy, now. But it's going to come back to bite us in the ass later because we didn't leave it up to the states." - Me

The irony is, if we had left it up to the states, they probably would have naturally drifted towards some sort of policy that allows for same sex marriage.

But we just had to be all gun ho about it in 2015. Fortunately, I don't think Trump is going to let this issue go back to the supreme court. I think he's going to leave it alone.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I was going to say that I don't see the real reason until I read Kaylaluv's post. But still I'll admit that it's a bit odd.

It may seem a bit odd, but if they feel that particular group, Gays for Trump, do not align with their organizational goals, they have the right to exclude them from their activities.

Just because they are a group of homosexuals, does not mean they are doing anything to further the LGBTQ agenda of that particular organization.

Yeah I understand that. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Gay orgs must have special rights, or have an intuition that allows them to know who is for real pro gay and who is for not pro gay.

This type of org prejudices are only eclipsed by their mistrust of the LGBTQ community.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

And I would say that, just because they are hosting a 'pride parade' in their town doesn't mean they are doing anything to further the LGBTQ agenda of that particular organization.

The superficiality of the social constructs within the LGBTQZ4-^ community are at times damaging to a community:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Wait what? Why the f#ck is it so important that gays have to further an agenda? What about gays who just want to be left alone and hate the fact that straight people use them for political gain and too sway the publics opinion on certain issues. Sorry but your post is just ignorant.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

This doesn't mean that Trump hates trans people, it just means that he wants to see more emphasis on the mental health side of the spectrum before arbitrarily awarding some students with more rights and privileges than others.

So in the meantime, trans girls like this one:

can be forced to use the boy's room... until "we get this thing figured out".

The irony is, if we had left it up to the states, they probably would have naturally drifted towards some sort of policy that allows for same sex marriage.

I wonder if we should have used that argument regarding the Southern states and slavery. "Just wait a few more decades, fellas - maybe not in your lifetime, but someday..."

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Yep the sexualization of that little boy or girl is blatant child abuse.

I can imagine what happens next to that child....sad

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The world is an imperfect place.

I would not want this girl to use the boys restroom, on the one hand, unfortunately we must have guidelines.

The only one that makes sense is equipment dictates room.

Now if she goes into a girls restroom and dispenses waste in the way women do-no problems....

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Now if she goes into a girls restroom and dispenses waste in the way women do-no problems....

And how would you know whether she does or doesn't, unless you peaked into her stall?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Oh no! You mean some child somewhere won't get to use the bathroom of the gender they identified with that day?

I'd like to think that there are more pressing issues in the so called 'gay community mafia' than bathroom privileges.

Let's worry about the mass genocide of gays in the middle east under the rule of sharia law, first. Then maybe, if we have enough time, maybe, we will address this nonsensical bathroom issue.

edit on 6/9/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

And I would say that, just because they are hosting a 'pride parade' in their town doesn't mean they are doing anything to further the LGBTQ agenda of that particular organization.

That's your opinion and your right. We should also respect their opinion and their right to exclude those they feel do not align with their goals. It's their event.

The superficiality of the social constructs within the LGBTQZ4-^ community are at times damaging to a community:

If true, that's the price they pay in how they use their rights.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That's your opinion and your right. We should also respect their opinion and their right to exclude those they feel do not align with their goals. It's their event.

To be fair, I also support anyone's right to host an anti-pride parade, because it's their right. But the local government in the town mentioned in the OP (as well as the local government in the city I live in) have declined to grant a permit for anyone wishing to host an anti-pride parade.

Fair is fair, even if they're bigots.

edit on 6/9/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Wait what? Why the f#ck is it so important that gays have to further an agenda?

It is their constitutional right. We don't have to agree with it. We just have to let them speak.

What about gays who just want to be left alone and hate the fact that straight people use them for political gain and too sway the publics opinion on certain issues. Sorry but your post is just ignorant.

They should be heard as well. But what you are saying is illogical. Just because some gays believe differently and want to be left alone, does not invalidate the right for this group to do what they did.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I always thought the conservative line was, "let's take care of our own country first, then we can worry about other countries."

Besides that, I can multi-task, can't you?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

That's just sick. Like i said no child has the mental capability to know what it really wants until they mature enough. F#ck the parents who let that happen. Poor kid.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

LOL. Why do people always do this? "Since they are throwing gays off the rooftops it's ok to mistreat gays here."
SMFH.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You're sick to think the parents actually force the children into it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

That's just sick. Like i said no child has the mental capability to know what it really wants until they mature enough. F#ck the parents who let that happen. Poor kid.

This is getting off topic from the topic of the thread, but I'll just leave it at - you don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

To be fair, I also support anyone's right to host an anti-pride parade, because it's their right. But the local government in the town mentioned in the OP (as well as the local government in the city I live in) have declined to grant a permit for anyone wishing to host an anti-pride parade. Fair is fair, even if they're bigots.

I think anyone has a right to assemble and protest. Even the hate groups.

As long as no laws are broken, we have to let people use their rights.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join