It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Pride rejects Gays for Trump float for parade

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
More tolerance from the liberal left. Liberals love to omit others for their beliefs.

Charlotte Pride who wants the "main stream" to accept the gay lifestyle is not willing to accept Gay people who like and support Trump.

Irony.

Wonder if it is the conservative "lifestyle" or the "Pro Trump" aspects of Conservative Country's float that Charlotte Pride found just to foreign to their ingrained prejudices to allow in their parade?

Charlotte Pride has denied a float entry in this summer’s Pride Parade in uptown Charlotte to a group called Gays for Trump. And Trump supports all the stuff that is the center of the universe for the left.

“Charlotte Pride reserves the right to decline participation at our events to groups or organizations which do not reflect the mission, vision and values of our organization, as is acknowledged in our parade rules and regulations by all groups at the time of their parade application,” the Charlotte Pride Board of Directors said in a statement Wednesday.

“Sadly, it’s really not that surprising,” Conservative Country said of the float denial. “To the left-wing, ‘tolerance’ really means only tolerating people who agree with them on all fronts.”

In a statement, Peter Boykin, president of #GaysforTrump, said he was saddened by and condemns the rejection of anyone “from our movement being condemned from the ‘Gay Community,’ one that preaches so-called diversity.”

Read more here: www.charlotteobserver.com...=cpy
www.charlotteobserver.com...

Charlotte Pride rejects participation if you don't believe in the same LGBTQ-or if you don't agree with Charlotte Pride's public stances-you are out. Charlotte Pride also wants the LGBTQ "community" to be accepted no matter what- but if you disagree-no float- Ahhh fascism.

In its statement, Charlotte Pride’s board said: “In the past, we have made similar decisions to decline participation from other organizations espousing anti-LGBTQ religious or public policy stances. Charlotte Pride envisions a world in which LGBTQ people are affirmed, respected, and included in the full social and civic life of their local communities, free from fear of any discrimination, rejection, and prejudice.”

Charlotte Pride said it invites “all individuals, groups, organizations and causes which share our values to join our community's celebration of the LGBTQ community, history, arts and culture during the Charlotte Pride Festival and Parade, Aug. 26-27, 2017.”

Read more here: www.charlotteobserver.com...=cpy

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm going to wear my MAGA hat at the Pulse vigil next week, maybe...

I haven't decided, yet. Though I feel the need to remind everyone in my local gay community that Obama's failed policies on not profiling muslims is what led to Omar Mateen eluding FBI investigation, despite being on a terror watch list twice.

Somehow I don't think I'll make many fiends doing this but, meh.

edit on 6/9/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Yep, it's all Trump's fault.

Obama did not do a good job, and now the adults are in the WH and will have to clean up O's mess.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I'm going to wear my MAGA hat at the Pulse vigil this week, maybe...

I haven't decided, yet. Though I feel the need to remind everyone in my local gay community that Obama's failed policies on not profiling muslims is what led to Omar Mateen eluding FBI investigation, despite being on a terror watch list twice.

Somehow I don't think I'll make many fiends doing this but, meh.

F#ck them. Be who you want to be and show your support no matter what. The media does everything in their power to hide that the LGBTQ crowd supports both sides. The people in the OP are a disgrace so much for tolerance.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yea... despite being a gay conservative I tend to prefer just hiding in plain sight. I'm not one to get up on a soap box and start lecturing people, like a demagogue. I don't buy into mob mentality.

Though, all of my friends and everyone that knows me well knows where I stand politically and knows that I'm always up for a friendly debate about what's going on in our country.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Gays for Trump should crash the parade and show up anyway.

We'd see some tolerance on national TV!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Yea... despite being a gay conservative I tend to prefer just hiding in plain sight. I'm not one to get up on a soap box and start lecturing people, like a demagogue. I don't buy into mob mentality.

Though, all of my friends and everyone that knows me well knows where I stand politically and knows that I'm always up for a friendly debate about what's going on in our country.

You are the person to ask, I hope.
Is Trump intolerant towards homosexuals?
I ask because we have seen a lot of outrage from some gays in the recent past, pegging Trump as a homophobe.
I can see them targeting Pence for statements that he has made, but Trump seems to be live and let live as far as I have seen.
Your viewpoint would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

And anyone who can't realize that the "preferences" we have is a small part of what makes each of us, us.

By God it has to be in the news everyday. It is a huge way to keep us separated. Almost everyone wants generally the same thing. But keeping the public at each others throats is a good way to keep the average person from getting what the average person wants. And this is very profitable.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Seems to fit.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Why ask cold?

What are you saying?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Why ask cold?

What are you saying?

I was looking to see what his perspective was because of this statement:

Yea... despite being a gay conservative I tend to prefer just hiding in plain sight.

Just curious as to how he sees it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You are the person to ask, I hope.
Is Trump intolerant towards homosexuals?

I've seen nothing from Trump to indicate any sort of resentment towards homosexuals, if anything it's quite the contrary.

Pence is a different story, though, and I don't hate Pence. But some 16 years ago he was in favor of some legislation that would allocate Indiana state funds for gay conversion therapy. This therapy involved electroshock treatment... Yea.

Anyways, that was 16 years ago. And I know Trump isn't a homophobe so I trust that he wouldn't bring anyone onto his team (let alone his VP) unless they were fully on board with his message.

I think the GOP realized this past year that they can no longer afford to be the party of exclusion, they need to have a message that appeals to gays in some form or another. And Trump did it brilliantly with his speech at the RNC where he said 'I will do everything in my power to protect our LGTBQ citizens from a hateful foreign ideology.'

The problem is, most gay people are actually retarded when it comes to politics. It's true, nobody likes to talk about it, but it's true. They think they have to vote democrat because a vote in any other direction is a vote against homosexuals.

I for one, have never adhered to that ridiculous logic that keeps gays on the partisan plantation.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Trump talks the talk that he is an ally of the LGBTQ community, but his administration rolled back protections for trans kids in schools that Obama had put in place.

A letter jointly issued Wednesday by the Department of Justice and the Department of Education announced that the agencies are "withdrawing the statements of policy and guidance" issued last year by the Obama administration that allowed students to use restrooms of their chosen gender.

www.usatoday.com...

He also has stated that same sex marriage should be left up to the states. This implies that he thinks it's okay for a state to discriminate against gays who want to get marriage licenses.

“They have ruled on it. I wish it was done by the states,” Mr. Trump told “Fox New Sunday,” saying he would appoint judges who think differently than the current slate.
Fox host Chris Wallace asked if that meant Mr. Trump would appoint justices who would want to overturn last year’s decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which held that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry. But the real estate mogul didn’t fully commit himself to an answer.
“I would strongly consider that, yes,” he said.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Both these examples go against the principles of Charlotte Pride and certainly are not in favor of the LGBTQ community.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I was going to say that I don't see the real reason until I read Kaylaluv's post. But still I'll admit that it's a bit odd.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think the GOP realized this past year that they can no longer afford to be the party of exclusion, they need to have a message that appeals to gays in some form or another. And Trump did it brilliantly with his speech at the RNC where he said 'I will do everything in my power to protect our LGTBQ citizens from a hateful foreign ideology.'

Amen.
I think it is a good move.
Thanks for your answer.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Charlotte Pride rejects participation if you don't believe in the same LGBTQ-or if you don't agree with Charlotte Pride's public stances-you are out. Charlotte Pride also wants the LGBTQ "community" to be accepted no matter what- but if you disagree-no float- Ahhh fascism.

How do they know if someone is gay?

Do they have to fill out some kind of form that asks you about your sexual orientation?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well parents who force their kids to transition should be prosecuted for child abuse. It's vile and cruel to do that to a child which has no idea how they really feel about these things and are prone to change their opinions by the minute. They should be able to decide for themselves when they are mature enough hence 18 or older. Now a days parents use even their toddlers to push the agenda and just announce my boy is a girl and such BS. This needs to stop before it gets out of control. I'm sick of people cheering parents on who abuse their child like that.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Trump talks the talk that he is an ally of the LGBTQ community, but his administration rolled back protections for trans kids in schools that Obama had put in place.

A letter jointly issued Wednesday by the Department of Justice and the Department of Education announced that the agencies are "withdrawing the statements of policy and guidance" issued last year by the Obama administration that allowed students to use restrooms of their chosen gender.

www.usatoday.com...

He also has stated that same sex marriage should be left up to the states. This implies that he thinks it's okay for a state to discriminate against gays who want to get marriage licenses.

“They have ruled on it. I wish it was done by the states,” Mr. Trump told “Fox New Sunday,” saying he would appoint judges who think differently than the current slate.
Fox host Chris Wallace asked if that meant Mr. Trump would appoint justices who would want to overturn last year’s decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which held that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry. But the real estate mogul didn’t fully commit himself to an answer.
“I would strongly consider that, yes,” he said.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Both these examples go against the principles of Charlotte Pride and certainly are not in favor of the LGBTQ community.

But yet, many of those same people at the pride parade probably also were the same people feigning outrage over the trump travel ban regarding Muslim immigrants from certain countries who most certainly don't like LBGTQs. The hypocrisy is thick imho.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This kind of thinking is probably one of the reasons.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

There is a reason for the the restroom and the states being able to make up their own "minds". Its called the constitution.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join