It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have 1 card left. Obstruction to justice.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So they cling to Trump's statement to Comey. "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

I don't see this as attempted obstruction to justice. HOPE and CAN are pretty weak words. Anyone CAN do anything, doesn't mean they WOULD or WILL do something. Yes. Comey CAN see his way clear. Yes, Comey CAN let it go. CAN is nothing compared to WOULD or WILL. If it was ""I hope you WOULD / WILL see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you WOULD / WILL let this go." would have been much more forceful.

Also, HOPE is not a request or threat or order. If I say "I hope you sleep early". That's not a request or threat or order. It is, at best, a suggestion. Trump being Comey's superior has every right to make a suggestion.

The word HOPE sure reminds people of this.

edit on 9-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

No reasonable prosecutor. No intent!

Blah, blah, tarmac, blah.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
1 card left? The investigations aren't even finished yet... This was just testimony. Testimony that had been reported in the news to not be much of any thing BEFORE it was even given. You guys are singing the end of this WAY too early. We've got months of investigations ahead of us still.

Hell the obstruction of justice angle isn't even settled because they said they need to interview other people about it still.
edit on 9-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
They have nothing, no with a majority Republican congress.

That is why their desperation is turning them into incompetent crap, they can not work for the nation they can not stop crying foul play and can not accept that Hillary didn't won.

The power was too good.

The game is over and they know it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What do you mean All they have? Isn't that enough?
And Bob Mueller already has the memos so he's already on that.

Oh and add abuse of power on top of that. Don't forget that.

And the Russia thing has NOT GONE AWAY.
I can see the headlines.
The real news headlines.

Why isn't trump interested in keeping America safe from attack?
Don't say he is when he chooses to turn his back on this Russian intrusion to the benefit of saving himself.
America first my Ass. It is now and has always been trump first.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And the Russia thing has NOT GONE AWAY. I can see the headlines.
The real news headlines

Real news?

What real news?
You mean like the New York Times???

edit on b000000302017-06-09T07:22:40-05:0007America/ChicagoFri, 09 Jun 2017 07:22:40 -0500700000017 by butcherguy because: I WASN"T FINISHED LAUGHING.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Investigation of what? Trump is a Russian agent? That's even more ridiculous than Obama being born in Kenya. The IC would never allowed a Russian agent to become president. And trust me, the US has a very capable IC.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Must have missed the no less than three times that Comey mentioned that Trump was not under investigation.

Maybe sometime, but not this time.

It's like the 80's cartoons. "I'll get you next time Joe!"

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Every liberal I know would rather have Trump than Pence. At least with Trump you have social liberal. The idea the left wants to get rid of Trump is fake news. The right wants to get Pence as their president.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Except his abuse of power in trying to hold Comeys job over his head showed his intent .
Unless like Paul Ryan you're making an excuse of ignorance as to why he behaved the way he did.
In which case ill give you that. Trump is about as ignorant as they come.
Good thing ignorance is no excuse in the law.
I can't wait to get that SOB under oath.
Not that that will matter when his lies flow as easily as weather from a faucet.

And Sarah Huckabee said last night the president doesn't lie.
So now she's a liar too.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Not to mention that the president has constitutional authority to halt investigations

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Every liberal I know would rather have Trump than Pence. At least with Trump you have social liberal. The idea the left wants to get rid of Trump is fake news. The right wants to get Pence as their president.

I is interesting that you mention the social liberal angle.
I am not a Trump fan, but I do like that he isn't anti-gay.

I haven't seen as many gays out demonstrating against him lately and I haven't seen nearly as many social media posts complaining that he is anti-gay.
That is a change.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Can you quote him holding Comeys job over his head? Can you prove beyond all reasonable doubt?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

Not to mention that the president has constitutional authority to halt investigations

End of discussion

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
1 card left? The investigations aren't even finished yet... This was just testimony. Testimony that had been reported in the news to not be much of any thing BEFORE it was even given. You guys are singing the end of this WAY too early. We've got months of investigations ahead of us still.

Hell the obstruction of justice angle isn't even settled because they said they need to interview other people about it still.

You have several top officials stating they were never forced to do anything. Flynn is another story

Everyone knows the liberal media will cling to this distraction as long as possible, they might even double down because they can control the narrative.

The USA acts like we don't influence elections with war and propaganda. Our government hacks all day everyday.

We're a bunch of hypocrites and people are nieve if they think governments or lone wolves wouldn't try to push an agenda that benefit them.

Why the hell would Russia want a war monger like Hillary who hates Russia in office?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JinMI

Good thing ignorance is no excuse in the law.

Silly, really? I have been listening for the past 2 years, hearing how someone was simply ignorant of the law and so had no intent. Thus, they were innocent of any wrong doing!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The never trump congress and house?
The same guys who won't pass his half assed ideas of a health bill or tax bill or even the flippin electric bill which trump is trying to renegotiate.
Yeah no worries honey.

Comey showed his memos to the entire upper tier of the intelligence community at the time he wrote them .
Let's see what that a-hole, under educated, lying lawyer of his can do about that?
Who to believe...all the IC ...or known liar trump?
Hmm the man who's honor is being touted as indisputable. The guy the IC trusts. The guy who has a reputation of honesty and integrity and the men and women with equal stature that he shared those memos with verses the toad who's reputation is one of being a liar. What Comey called The nature of the person...
And we All know what trumps nature is.
TRUMPS testimony and tweets vs Comeys memos and reputation.

The Whitehouse is in big big trouble.
edit on 692017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I think OP is saying it isn't enough because it isn't true, so this is a dead horse, but I guess if you don't stop beating it people wil keep thinking about it

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

The full gamut of questions is no longer thought out. The critical thinking part. After the who, comes where, when, why and how.

Shame really.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

Oh well if trump says it isn't true then. ...

Oh please that's too funny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join