It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought Experiment: What would you do if your neighbour was abusing a child?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Thought Experiment: What would you do if your neighbour was abusing a child?

(This is just hypothetical, please don’t get upset)

Imagine your next-door neighbour was a real POS and every night, you watched him get drunk and then physically and verbally abuse his 4 year old son.

What would you do?

Logically, most people would immediately call Child Protection Services or the Police.

Tragically, the Drunken Dolt’s father-in-law is the Chief of Police and immediately disregarded your report as nonsense and even sanctioned a warning against you.

What would you do then?

Perhaps you would go over the Chief of Police’s head or contact a neighbouring Police Station.

Unfortunately, you quickly realize that the Police protect their own as they immediately write you off as a meddling, idiot with too much time on your hands.

What would you do then? You can see what is happening every night through your window. The screams of the toddler haunt you each night.

Would you:

Physically take the law into your own hands? Perhaps dole out a little rough justice?

Or is there another way?

There is indeed another way. Youtube. Video tape what is going on and garner crowd support. Set up a live protest outside your neighbour’s house. Make it impossible for the man to even dare lay a finger on his child.

---
Now what would you do if you knew your world was being run by a cabal of madmen?

edit on 9-6-2017 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I would go for the public shaming of both the adult and the police with video and audio recordings. Get proof that they were covering it up then release it to the public, with the release then make his life and the polices life living hell for a sick cover up.

If I wasnt such a coward, or if I didnt have family myself..and I wasnt a coward I would go for the throat.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OwenandNoelle

(This is just hypothetical, please don’t get upset)

So we go from child abuse to the country being run by madmen....let me guess....videotape and youtube the madmen running your country?
Do I win first prize?

LOL I might have taken this more seriously if you didn't bring in the last question, namely the following.

Now what would you do if you knew your country was being run by madmen?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Hypothetically speaking,

If I would witness a drunken guy abusing a 4 years old child, I'd make sure the guy drinks from a straw in the rest of his life. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

No one messes with a child. Children are literally the most precious thing on this world.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The PC answer is: Get it run by mad women

Seriously though this is really difficult. Like all the obvious go to would be revolution, civil war, country within a country. Those are all band aid solutions that leave you worse off then you started.

You would have to have some ability to make sure they make the "right" decisions. Some type of leverage that is unquestionable. Something that effects the only things they care about power/wealth. Whatever this system would be it would have to apply to everyone. Theoretically no one could be bought off and one snitch could devastate an entire business/government.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Abuse my neighbor by talking to them about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

And put oil on his doorknob.

And a bucket of water on top of his door.

Maybe some bubble wrap under his porch carpet.

They say the devil is in the details. So let's put as much details as possible...

edit on 9-6-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I would make an archive of recordings and make copies. I'd than go to the chief and tell him if he will do something about it. I'd let the chief know that if I am unable to because of any means, a 3rd party would release the tapes to the public and more specifically the media. The kid could end up dead.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
hypothetical ?
Happens every day in 10000s of homes we can see excalty what people do .
In extreme cases it may become a thing that can no longer be iggyed .
so a better question is what do you do when every night you hear the same dude calling his 4 year old a pice of worthless crap whop will never amount to anything ?
no marks to show a dam thing is wrong and DCF or sheriffs show up why its all peaches and cream .
record it you say well quite a few problems with that one it cant be used against him ( recording has to be with consent any court would not alaw it into evidence .
2 ooo officer so sorry tv was on and it was a murder movie must have been to loud .
To easy
so what do you do ( hey in this hypothetical case even the cop is on your side knows the dude is a creep but can do nothing so what makes you think you can ?
Ps this is not hypothetical ( except the caring cop they dont care )this is my childhood . and many others i knew .

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

If the law fails, become the law. Try to reach a superior of the chief. If they resist what is your only legal option, do what is illegal.

Bottom line, save the kid, deal with the consequences later.

Maybe try to get help from others to try other legal means. If all fails be human.

edit on 6 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
in foster care the person darn near has to kill the kid befor anyone bats a eye .
at 9 the 18 or 19 year old son they had held a gun to my head saying if you dont make this bed right ill kill you .
cops talked him down next day i was still in that home the next week month year beat with 2/4s
what would do NOTHING ps wife helped she would sit on us wile he did the beating

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, being a person who survived many years of sexual abuse by a neighbor boy! Given the scenario you laid out for me anyway would have to be murder! I'd have to bear the consequences as I could not let a child go through what I have! It ended 35 years ago but it never leaves you! worse now my best friend and wife Died in April! loneliness is unbearable! no it would have to be murder

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is about child abuse or politics but my answer will apply either way.

True evil rarely presents its self as evil. The evil acts will be under the guise of "help" and any direct abuse will be very carefully shielded from any type of public view.

If you are "seeing" the evil it's probably not true evil but a situation that needs to be changed. Perhaps someone with a substance abuse problem. It's also very likely what you are interpreting as verbal "abuse" is just a normal parent having a bad day. Listen in and tape anyone and 99% of the time you will find cringe worthy behavior.

All you are going to do by public shaming is create more division and the person is much less likely to change.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

First of all it would not be every night. Once would be enough for me to call in the law. Spiritually I am a witness when it comes to the vulnerable, I am a Warrioress.

I would upon seeing the situation, call 911, and stay with the abused family, the children until help arrived. I would attempt to video everything.

top topics

join