It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostage Situation At Job Centre In Byker, Newcastle, England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
www.yorkshirepost.co.uk...

. . . Northumbria Police said: "Officers have attended and found a man armed with a knife had entered the premises and it is believed that several members of staff are being held there.

We'll have to wait and see how the police deal with this.

What are his motives? Desperate for a job?

It seems to have been going on for a couple of hours now. Let's hope it's resolved without injury.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Here's the action so far.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

. . . Northumbria Police said: "Officers have attended and found a man armed with a knife had entered the premises and it is believed that several members of staff are being held there.

It seems to have been going on for a couple of hours now. Let's hope it's resolved without injury.

Demanding 'job seekers allowance' perhaps

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: savvo

No one had a "hard-on" or inclination that this was terrorism.. seemed pretty cut and dry, angry benefit hound upset that the working man isnt paying him enough.

But good try lefty

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I can understand why some people on benefits go over the edge when they have nothing to lose and being treated like 2nd class dirt.

I was out of work myself for about 6 months due to a redundancy and depression, I was serching and applying for jobs every day and recording all evidence online and apply for every job suggested by the job centre and still I was sanctioned for 4 weeks because my advisor belived I was not trying hard enough.

A 4 week sanction effectively will make one homeless with no money at all to pay rent, bills or food, during that same month they mandated me to do "voluntary" work 5 days a week in a charity shop, if I refused my sanction would be extended another 6 months.

Im glad those dark times are behind me and it's left me with a complete distrust of the government.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Funnily enough my next door neighbour is off work because she was rag dolled at her DWP desk yesterday.. It's all starting to fall apart man.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Things seem to be progressing towards a situation, that most jobs will be done for "free", or you would get about 5-6 hundred dollars in return, vs a normal salary..

This is the future. One year from now, remember what ol solve said today.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

I did a month for free in a kitchen...
a whole month... didn't get paid...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The one and only time my eldest daughter signed on, she was told to apply for 3 jobs. She applied for 4 and felt good when she told her "adviser" who promptly sanctioned her for 2 months for applying for more than she was told. She never signed on again never had a penny and left the country

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
Im glad those dark times are behind me and it's left me with a complete distrust of the government.

I'm glad they are, too.

Never trust the government- and never expect anyone to pay your way in this world.

Glad nobody was hurt. I wonder if the guy was on anti depressants? Not sure how anyone in their right mind could start a hostage situation and expect not to wind up in prison, or dead.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
over here we just shoot the Hostages www.youtube.com...
Think i am trolling ? look up the real hostage events here in the US .
Better pray you dont get taken hostage here . It wont be the criminals who shoot you .
That does have the side effect of the criminals knowing having a hostage wont help so they just kill them right off .
ether way being in a bank that is surrounded by cops as a by stander is bad news

edit on 9-6-2017 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Fake news. The article says "staff". I demand evidence that anybody in Newcastle is gainfully employed. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

new topics

top topics

join