It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gardener Ignores the Laws of Nature!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sometimes a man needs a salad.

Sometimes he gets it tossed.

edit on 9-6-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Made me a little late for work, but well worth the watch! Great post!

Any idea what the cubes were that he stuck the seeds into?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Rockwool.

ps: been watching the rest of his videos they are grrreat

edit on 9-6-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
very cool if anyone is interested in this all you need is a Rubbermaid container like in the video preferably black if you can find it as it blocks light to prevent algae growth. Then you just need rockwool cubes I would use the 2x2x1.5in cubes in this size system and a indoor grow light and with the Chinese making things so cheap these days you can find LED grow lights on amazon for 120 bucks for a 600 watt LED which will cover 3 or 4 of these Rubbermaid tubs. Oh and the most important part is going to be using reverse osmosis water not tap water, checking the PH level and running at least 2 of the long air stones into each of the Rubbermaid containers connected to a high output aquarium pump and you have to make sure the pump runs 24/7 to keep the water oxygenated to keep the roots from rotting. Id say for around 200 bucks you could set up a 4 tub system like this and produce a decent amount of veggies for a single household and the nice thing with the led grow lights is the 600 watt only pulls 130 watts so you wont be paying a arm and a leg on electricity for a grow light for a system this size.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
That was great!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
That was funny . Thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: HaurusTheShaman
Exactly. ph, ppm,and temp are critical for any hydro setup.
I would avoid any submerged root setups in general. They usually stunt growth because the roots can't get the oxygen they need, even with air stones, the growth is much slower than an aeroponic setup.

Here is a good poorman's aeroponic tub setup

If you stack two tubs, then using pvc to plumb from pump, up past sprayers, then back into res, the return line can be restricted, which will give you the sprayer tip pressure you need, and super oxygenate the res.

The top tub drains through to the bottom through a hole, and the root mat gets to stay in a 50/50 environment up in the top tub.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
How come the guy in the OP didn't have pumps and such running and he had so much success then? He made it appear he didn't need them

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Some method I've never heard of he explains it in this video pretty well youtu.be... explains why he doesn't need a pump too

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

LOL this is great, I may have odd dreams because of his commentary/voice

Attack of the veggies

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Excellent gardener AND a flair for filmmaking too! Tasty.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I liked his video, and it's cool to grow a salad, but this shows the difference between surviving and thriving, you can tell by the underdeveloped root structure and bad plant health. The lettuce did well because it like wet feet, but you do not want to eat from a stagnant, moldy water source like this, especially if you don't flush the nutrients from the plants, this setup is a good way to get sick.

top topics

join