It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Trey Gowdy will take over House Oversight Committee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This will probably cause some screeching and flailing at the next Anti-fa(scist) protest. Maybe even some banging heads into walls.

USAYesterday

WASHINGTON — South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy — a former prosecutor who led the Select Committee on Benghazi’s investigation into what happened during the 2012 terrorist attack — will take the helm of the powerful House Oversight and Government Committee after Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, leaves office later this month.

And all along I liked Trey Gowdy but now we know he is an informant working for Trump, Trump will probably ask for a vow of loyalty.

Oversight

On tha real

Federal civil service, including intergovernmental personnel; and the status of officers and employees of the United States, including their compensation, classification, and retirement;
Municipal affairs of the District of Columbia in general (other than appropriations);
Federal paperwork reduction;
Government management and accounting measures generally;
Holidays and celebrations;
Overall economy, efficiency, and management of government operations and activities, including federal procurement;
National archives;
Population and demography generally, including the Census;
Postal service generally, including transportation of the mails;
Public information and records;
Relationship of the federal government to the states and municipalities generally; and
Reorganizations in the executive branch of the government.

On da real dough... this is probably a FANTASTIC position for Mr. Gowdy to be in.

Are we living in a dream world or is our government getting a face lift??

I'm lovin it! (MacDonald's reference)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I would like to echo your sentiment, this is a great position for Gowdy to be in!

Watching him eviscerate the lies of those guilty in the Clinton Clan has been quite enjoyable.

He definitely has his work cut out for him!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I like Gowdy, I really do. He's a no nonsense type of guy and having him lead an investigation means the facts will come out, but..........How many have gone to jail or even lost their job or pensions over any of these investigations?
None.
And there will be none, unless someone commits a crime right in front of the cameras,or does something so bad it can't be dismissed by months of hearings. Our "justice" system is a sad joke and only the little people go to jail.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

This means he can issue subpeona's right? He can exert more control over this process? Does this mean he gets to pick the committee??

Things are about to heat up!!!

Swamp getting drained!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I completely agree. Gowdy asks the right questions and plays the bad cop well, but in the end....nothing. Benghazi.

This stuff reaches too high up.

mobile.twitter.com...

edit on 8-6-2017 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I hope he stays this way in my mind, but he just oozes integrity from what I have seen and heard. Something that just doesn't happen with Politicians. I hope he does well.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The devil comes as light.

OpenSource

Koch Industries $35,000 $0 $35,000

Could be nothing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Whelp there goes any hope of a bi-partisan committee. I dont know how he is going to function without Clinton in the government or running for government positions though. Maybe he will bring up Benghazi again?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
What?!?!?!?!?

Trey Gowdy?!?!?!?!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
a reply to: DAVID64

I completely agree. Gowdy asks the right questions and plays the bad cop well, but in the end....nothing. Benghazi.

This stuff reaches too high up.

mobile.twitter.com...

Sooner or latter the sheeple are going to need a sacrificial lamb. How else are TPTB going to keep them in their pens.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I like Gowdy, I really do. He's a no nonsense type of guy and having him lead an investigation means the facts will come out, but..........How many have gone to jail or even lost their job or pensions over any of these investigations?
None.
And there will be none, unless someone commits a crime right in front of the cameras,or does something so bad it can't be dismissed by months of hearings. Our "justice" system is a sad joke and only the little people go to jail.

Exactly, everytime I hear Gowdy's name I think "good". But then am reminded about how the rooms full of evidence he had for charges let alone conviction in other hearings regarding Benghazi.

The government is just a web full of skeletons behind closed doors and nobody wants their door opened.

top topics

join