It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US Federal gov't "a house divided against itself?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The axiom that a house divided against itself cannot stand is often attributed to Abraham Lincoln, but it was originally said by Jesus Christ, according to Matthew 12:25 ...

“Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand." Jesus Christ, Matthew 12:25.

Today, I think that I saw the ultimate intentional destruction of the foundation of what is left of this republic; politicians and misnamed public "servants" turning against one another in blatant, unobfuscated, jugular ripping ugliness.

The republic is, I believe, divided against itself. The city is fractured irreparably. The house is broken down, the walls hewn to the ground and the foundations ripped up and burned by those who should be holding it up.

I have had little hope for the republic for a long time. Today, I lost all hope. I'm done. I think that it's done. I'm just waiting for the inevitable utter and total collapse.

Am I over-reacting? Somebody tell me that I am, and explain why.
edit on 2017 6 08 by incoserv because: I made a typo

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It is all bread and circuses to keep people distracted and complacent.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's clear. That's what it's been for years. Maybe since forever.

But my point is that I really fell like this is the final nail in the coffin. They've taken off whatever thin gloves they had on and it's all brassys now, and they'll kill each other and take the whole damn country down with themselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In modern times, it started under the Johnson Administration and every President since has slowly widened that division.

The last time our two party system became deeply divided, we had a civil war.

It was the Republican party that fought to maintain and preserve the Union.
It was the Democratic party that sought to destroy it by rebellion, sedition and treason.

Buck

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

It's sad to hear those wise words, juxtaposed with what has happened today and with what has been happening..but the republic is stronger than we think it is. It's been tested in the past...and it came through stronger.
Have faith that this, too, will pass.
edit on 8-6-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Hegelian Dialectic

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Blame the demos for not taking their licking quietly. Conservatives sat mostly quiet as Obama ruled the roost in the worst kind of way for eight years. Since he was a black man we we not allowed to touch him in any meaningful way. Trump is not the best in show, but he does respect American for what it is and wants to make it better. Obama never has that on his agenda, just the opposite.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

There's some truth that that I suppose.

They're still working on dismantling the USA in the background, looting and pillaging the American Dream away from the middle class, all while convincing us that we're wealthier than we really are.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

This is why the "drain the swamp" thing struck a chord.

It's obvious that the government is full of leeches, but it's less obvious how much corruption goes on. For too long, this has been condoned, this has been the norm.

They turn on each other out of fear for them selves. Fear turns to hate surprisingly fast.
Lots of these people are career criminals, and in their Ivory towers they have been exposed to each other, but not to reality. Now that the consequences are coming in, we'll see more and more people being thrown under the bus by their peers and bosses.

Unfortunately, it got to the level of "say anything and we'll kill your whole family" a long time ago, so the lower levels of government will sacrifice themselves to protect the higher levels from prosecution to save their families... So this whole thing could take a while.
I foresee a lot of suspicious suicides, and a lot of officials taking credit for high crimes they were involved in, but not the causes of, through the coming 18 months.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You aren't wrong. In the simplest terms, you have some wishing to keep the Republic going, and then you have others that wish it to become something else.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The corporations are certainly doing their best to split us up. I doubt all the fighting and obstruction is on our behalf. It's corporations duking it out, buying both sides like a cock fight, and knowing the shredded government will be too weak to regulate them. Big ag, big oil, big banks, big retail- they all benefit from this mess.

You see this kind of mayhem in your local government? Probably not. They're beholden to us, the voters, not to psychopathic, omnipotent companies.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 020172017k23011America/Chicagothpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: Dumb phone

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
oh yes, it`s very obvious that the politicians in Washington have become caught up in all the propaganda.

who would have thought that when Obama made it legal for the government to spread lies ( propaganda) to the people that it would be the Washington politicians who would swallow it hook, line and sinker, while most americans would see it for what it is, lies and propaganda.
maybe that was the plan all along, not to fool the American people but to fool the clowns in Washington who make the laws?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Over reacting? Maybe, or maybe your just a bit ahead of yourself. I do that periodically. Yea, the government is divided against itself, but the bigger picture is that the country itself is divided against itself. Its what they call Balkanized, into separate interest groups that are increasingly hostile. And its been Balkanized geographically and in such a manner that various "parts" of the country no longer have very much in common with one another other than mutual disgust and alienation.

The situation is such that as the summer drags on, the weather gets hotter, the tempers go off and there's more violence in the major Metro areas, all of this will get even worse. Saw an article on the TV just the other day to the effect that more people will be doing the "staycation" thing this summer holiday......not traveling. A friend of mine wanted to go on some wine tour of California and Facebook friends dissuaded her by telling her they were from California and describing what an awful and crime ridden place it is. She's staying home this summer.

When I said you may be a bit ahead of yourself, what I meant was that a country and government this hashed up divided against itself will not be able to handle ANY major emergency and when that major emergency happens, its going to have a devastating and long lasting effect. And by "major" I don't mean the usual hurricane or earthquake, I'm talking about a financial or economic collapse.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You're right and the worse thing to imagine is what its going to be like when the Demos get the White Hut back! If they can't lose an election well, just imagine what the pay back is going to be like. Draconian, I'd imagine.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Over reacting? Maybe, or maybe your just a bit ahead of yourself. I do that periodically. Yea, the government is divided against itself, but the bigger picture is that the country itself is divided against itself. Its what they call Balkanized, into separate interest groups that are increasingly hostile. And its been Balkanized geographically and in such a manner that various "parts" of the country no longer have very much in common with one another other than mutual disgust and alienation. ...

Yeah, you remind me of something that I have said for ages. We are a culture that won't be led, that will not work together. Everybody has his agenda and, be damned, my agenda will prevail at the cost of everyone else's!

new topics

top topics

join