It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is based on love

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Love and hate are emotions of the egotistical mind that is only concerned with its own self interest. They are dualities that cannot exist without the other. So in accepting love, we empower hatred. I love light, I hate darkness etc. So to conquer hatred we also need to conquer love.

Instead we should develop empathy towards all life that struggles as we do. Nurturing everything, regardless of the feelings of love or hate, because all sentient life are our brothers and sisters.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Tardacus
... and humans have the unique ability to be creators also. we create all kinds of things from art to technology.....

Humans created god imo, and you cannot prove me wrong.

Simples!

And you can't prove God didn't creat you either.

But you are wrong, just saying.

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LilithImmaculate2
What do you think? You think love governs the universe?

"Good" should govern the universe, not love. I believe only in 1 love: the romantic kind. But most of all I believe in Good. Evil should never govern our planet, I think it governs now sadly. Good will still prevail though. It's all natural selection: good survives and evil is the dead end. Good civilizations make it into space, evil ones do not because they destroy themselves, we still have a chance and the verdict over our planets civilizations is still inconclusive. The fact we have not been invaded by evil alien civilization(s) proves this, it might be the good ones are watching our progress hoping we will make it.

In the afterlife, good is always in control and evil always gets the shaft.
edit on 9-6-2017 by CoolBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Humans created god imo, and you cannot prove me wrong.

I cannot prove eyesigtht really exists to a blind person either. So are you blind or am I deluded?

The hindu's realized that we infer reality from observing the universe through our five senses. That our five senses were limited and prone to error, so our view of reality was also limited and prone to error.

They concluded that the only method to understand reality was to look within, meditate by sending the mind asleep, to discover if anything existed below the mind.

So I cannot prove you wrong with logic. but I can prove you wrong to myself by meditating like the Hindu's to find a greater truth.

You could also do it yourself. If you really wanted an answer to your question.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
I cannot prove eyesigtht really exists to a blind person either. So are you blind or am I deluded?

The latter me thinks, because a blind person realises they are blind because they realise eyesight exists.

Your move....

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
And you can't prove God didn't creat you either.

But you are wrong, just saying.

peace

lol...You forgot to add "imo". Or do you feel your opinion is almighty and should be everyone's?

And my mum and dad "created" me. They had and have nothing to do with god (imo).

Why is it obligatory to use so much ignorance when god is used as a reference for truth?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

The hindu's realized that we infer reality from observing the universe through our five senses. That our five senses were limited and prone to error, so our view of reality was also limited and prone to error.

They concluded that the only method to understand reality was to look within, meditate by sending the mind asleep, to discover if anything existed below the mind.

So I cannot prove you wrong with logic. but I can prove you wrong to myself by meditating like the Hindu's to find a greater truth.

You could also do it yourself. If you really wanted an answer to your question.

Did you ignore the fact that I never asked any questions?

Believe it or not, I have gone beyond meditation and now wear a constant grin because of this. I have been deeper than perhaps you can imagine. When people talk about god, I chuckle, because I realise the notion is associated with and born from ignorance, stupidity and fear and often not worth trying to discuss because of those things.

If you think there is a god then I agree, but god to me is ME. There is no greater imo.

BTW....I have SIX senses and use them as infinately as possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Did you ignore the fact that I never asked any questions?

Yes I ignored that fact!

If you think there is a god then I agree, but god to me is ME. There is no greater imo.

There is a buddhist saying that as soon as you call a bird a bird, you will never see the real bird again. And thats because our brain likes to classify everything in its belief system so information can be retrieved more readily. So I have no preconceived conception of GOD nor do I think its important. Understanding myself (or the atman) is my goal.

So good for you.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Love is like oxygen
You get too much you get too high
Not enough and you're gonna die
Love gets you high

-- The Sweet

top topics

<< 1   >>

join