It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive blow for MSM - bookies now favour Jeremy Corbyn for PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Never saw this coming...

My theory is that there is a silent conspiracy going on accross the world... people don't actually care more about politics than they did a few years ago... they hate it even more and are using their votes to sabotage the Media establishment at every oppertuninty
... I don't understand how else this has happened... What parallel universe are we colliding with?

137 of 650 seats declared at 9 Jun 02.24 BST

Con 53 (-1)
Lab 66(+6)
LD 0 (0)
SNP11(-5)
DUP3 (0)
UKIP0 (0)
Green 0 (0)
Others 4

326 needed to form a Government.

Apparently this has been the biggest turn out since 1997

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Bookies had that disgustingly corrupt old bag they call clin-ton at a 97.5% chance of winning on the night before the US election

She didn't even win the popular vote (unless you count illegal votes, multiple votes and votes from dead people)

I wouldn't take a bookies prediction as gospel. Surely the U.K. isn't thick enough to vote for a bigoted old racist communist like Jeremy corbyn. I predict he'll lose by a massive margin.

If I'm wrong, and he does win, so what?

I do agree with you that people couldn't care less anymore and there is an effort going on to subvert the pathetic main stream media in every way possible.

Long may it continue

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm just sad the "official Monster Raving Loony party dident win that would be a huge middle finger straight to the politicians and MSM but hey I'm glad you guys got what you wanted for the most part seems like most people I saw on this site said they were going to vote labor this time around

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle
Never saw this coming...

My theory is that there is a silent conspiracy going on accross the world... people don't actually care more about politics than they did a few years ago... they hate it even more and are using their votes to sabotage the Media establishment at every oppertuninty
... I don't understand how else this has happened... What parallel universe are we colliding with?

Con 53 (-1)
Lab 66(+6)
LD 0 (0)
SNP11(-5)
DUP3 (0)
UKIP0 (0)
Green 0 (0)
Others 4

What you are missing is the drive for the young people by the Labour party, especially the later pre-millenials who were narked by the earlier than planned referendum and had no vote and probably mostly Euro looking, there has to be numbers in the million, and it is likely reflected in the high turnouts as well, plus the likelhood of them having some connection through family, ethos etc; in those areas that voted remain in the referendum.
The other factor is that the conservatives sought to glean the UKIP votes...and failed.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: 0racle
Never saw this coming...

Con 53 (-1)
Lab 66(+6)
LD 0 (0)
SNP11(-5)
DUP3 (0)
UKIP0 (0)
Green 0 (0)
Others 4

What you are missing is the drive for the young people by the Labour party, especially the later pre-millenials who were narked by the earlier than planned referendum and had no vote and probably mostly Euro looking, there has to be numbers in the million, and it is likely reflected in the high turnouts as well, plus the likelhood of them having some connection through family, ethos etc; in those areas that voted remain in the referendum.
The other factor is that the conservatives sought to glean the UKIP votes...and failed.

I put it down to the idealism of youth, who have never had to budget

you want something the 'money is there' or 'stick it on the credit card'

By the time they have learned to budget their *idealism* has turned to

*realism*.

new topics

top topics

join