It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lawyer says James Comey made ‘unauthorized disclosures’ of privileged talks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well this will be the new narrative when the tapes get released, because I'm sure there will be some kind of edits due to the persons involved in the conversations. Somethings on the tapes may not be able to be released to the public for security reasons.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

During his testimony he stated that he shared the information with his "senior leadership team" and that the team consisted of "the Deputy Director, his Chief of Staff, General Counsel, the Deputy Directors General Counsel, #3 in the FBI, and at times the head of the National Security Branch (of the FBI I assume).

So if the leak/s didn't come from Comey then one of these folks has some explaining to do.

Start at 56:20 in this video for his statement:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

originally posted by: Flatfish

a reply to: Flatfish

Making it so we don't have to guess is what investigating is all about.

Actually, The NY Times flat out stated it in their article.

They said that their source was two associates of Comey's who were familiar with the meetings and conversations.

I know. I referenced the article, and explained why their identities are important.

Do you know who they are? If not, that's my point.

If so, please share.

In his testimony, Comey only identified them by their official positions but less than 15 minutes ago, I saw each of them identified by name on MSM, so it's no secret.

Comey was smart enough to make sure there were witnesses who heard the story and saw the memos in a contemporaneous fashion so they'd be available to validate his story at a later date, under oath if need be.

Trump is in some deep s#*t and he's just too stupid to know it.

edit on 9-6-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

We seem to be talking past each other, so rather than repeat myself repeatedly, I'll point to my previous posts in this thread and try to be as clear as possible in taking one more stab at it:

What are the legal names of the sources for this article, what was their specific motive for doing so, and what was the extent of James Comey's involvement in that disclosure?

That's a question I would like to see answered. Please don't feel compelled to try to answer it if you don't know, because that would be pointless.

Someone does know, however, and a continuation of the vagaries and obfuscation surrounding this story isn't going to cut it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yep,

James B. Comey has told associates

the associates said

As described by the two people

they felt free to discuss it on the condition of anonymity.

The dinner described by Mr. Comey’s associates

Mr. Comey’s associates said

according to the account of the two associates

So, two "associates", they are either members of the leadership team, 'or' somebody on the leadership team talked to members of their teams, either way.... Somebody's got some splaning to do.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

We seem to be talking past each other, so rather than repeat myself repeatedly, I'll point to my previous posts in this thread and try to be as clear as possible in taking one more stab at it:

What are the legal names of the sources for this article, what was their specific motive for doing so, and what was the extent of James Comey's involvement in that disclosure?

That's a question I would like to see answered. Please don't feel compelled to try to answer it if you don't know, because that would be pointless.

Someone does know, however, and a continuation of the vagaries and obfuscation surrounding this story isn't going to cut it.

Those are definitely good questions that I don't have the answers to.

Now that the senate intelligence committee knows their identities, they can subpoena them all in to testify and get answers to those questions, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

That's what I'm hoping. They've kept us in the dark for far too long.

The least they could do is stop feeding us bull#.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
So Trump can be a lifelong criminal and fill his administration with traitors and criminals, but if Comey tells someone what he talked about with Trump that's supposed to be a high crime??

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So Trump can be a lifelong criminal and fill his administration with traitors and criminals, but if Comey tells someone what he talked about with Trump that's supposed to be a high crime??

Do you actually believe this?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
NVM wrong reference.

edit on 10-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Still trying to figure out how, if what Comey said under oath is untrue (according to Trump and his lawyer), the memos disclosed anything.

Hmm.
edit on 10-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

There's so much grey area in what times/places things have been said, it's sometimes hard to separate the good from the bad, BUT....according to Jim Comey as he relayed some information to the closed session and to Diane Feinstein such that she could make her case for Judiciary committee request
, here are the names of associates that he had relayed post-meetings:

Deputy FBI Director McCabe
Chief of Staff to FBI Director Jim Rybicki
General Counsel FBI James Baker
Associate Deputy Director David Bowditch
National Security Branch (FBI), Carl Ghattas

I'm honestly not sure if that answers what you were looking for specifically....

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Even if he gave those details after he was fired, Comey would still have to abide with the non-disclosure agreements. Present, and former government officials have to abide by these non-disclosure agreements. Since Comey made those "leaks" apparently for political gain of the DNC/obama who hired him and for whom he worked for Comey should pay for this.

Perhaps then, when charges are made against Comey he will begin singing like a canary about all the collusion he had with his DNC/Obama employers, and we can finally arrest the snakes in the DNC.
edit on 10-6-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Here we go...

House, Senate investigators seek Trump tapes, Comey memos

Time to see who's been naughty and who's been nice.

HINT: Nice people don't hide evidence.

a reply to: alphabetaone

Comey provided the list of suspects, but didn't identify who first leaked to the Times. The actual names of those who did that need to be disclosed, so they can be called to testify and explain themselves.

It's time for government officials to stop whispering in the dark. It's time to pull back the curtain and let the people of this country know what's really been going on behind our backs, and in our name.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Seeing some reports on twitter that:

1 - Tapes / recordings do exist
2 - The Comey memo cant be located anywhere at the FBI
3 - Comey dictated his memo to a subordinate so it wouldnt be in his office.

As always unnamed sources so take it as you want.

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸‏Verified account @JackPosobiec 4h4 hours ago

Scoop: Trump official confirms to me that Comey tapes do exist, as well as tapes of many others

Replying to @JackPosobiec

If true, his entire "written testimony" and story about FBI laptop are fabricated to hide his tracks

I'm told Comey did not keep his memos on FBI systems as he testified, he dictated to a deputy at FBI so they wouldnt be in his office

Jack Posobiec
🇺🇸 Retweeted
Mike Cernovich‏Verified account @Cernovich 9h9 hours ago

BREAKING - Sources in FBI tell me they are unable to locate James Comey's memos on their servers.

edit on 10-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

But comey claimed to leave the meeting and type it up on his lap top. Hmmmmmm bleachbit??

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Fox News is reporting that Comey had signed a NDA when he became FBI director that prohibits him from releasing documents, like his mysterious and un-locatable memo(s).

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join